voodoo hoodoo bantu frame is it worth?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rotor is good for semi literate posters as well. It's the same backwards.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CUBEical
    CUBEical Posts: 211
    Its a Disc

Definition of disc
    noun
    1a flat, thin circular object:
    coins were made by striking a blank disc of metal
    a man’s body with an identity disc around the neck
    (disk) an information storage device for a computer in the shape of a round flat plate which can be rotated to give access to all parts of the surface. The data may be stored either magnetically (in a magnetic disk) or optically (in an optical disk such as a CD-ROM).
    a CD or record.
    (discs) one of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to coins in others.
    2an object or part resembling a disc in shape or appearance:
    the smudged yellow disc of the moon
    (also intervertebral disc) a layer of cartilage separating adjacent vertebrae in the spine:
    he suffered a prolapsed disc
    Botany the central part of the flower of a daisy or other composite plant, consisting of a close-packed cluster of tubular florets.

as a definition of a rotor is
    ro·tor (rtr)
    n.
    1. A rotating part of an electrical or mechanical device.
    2. An assembly of rotating horizontal airfoils, as that of a helicopter.

Stating its either a rotating horizontal airfoils , as that of a helicopter which its not at all.
    Or it is a rotating part of an electrical device which its not , the rotating part of a mechanical device is not to clear either as its fixed to a wheel that makes it rotate. So it does not rotate interdependently so its basically a disc fixed to a wheel......

ps its definitely a DISC
    I am sorry if I talk to much s@#t it goes with the name.............
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You love to quote shite in the aim of proving your point.

You can quote whatever you like, the fact remains that they are rotors in the context of mountain bikes, like it it lump. Fact.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    CUBEical wrote:
    Its a Disc

Definition of disc
    noun
    1a flat, thin circular object:
    coins were made by striking a blank disc of metal
    a man’s body with an identity disc around the neck
    (disk) an information storage device for a computer in the shape of a round flat plate which can be rotated to give access to all parts of the surface. The data may be stored either magnetically (in a magnetic disk) or optically (in an optical disk such as a CD-ROM).
    a CD or record.
    (discs) one of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to coins in others.
    2an object or part resembling a disc in shape or appearance:
    the smudged yellow disc of the moon
    (also intervertebral disc) a layer of cartilage separating adjacent vertebrae in the spine:
    he suffered a prolapsed disc
    Botany the central part of the flower of a daisy or other composite plant, consisting of a close-packed cluster of tubular florets.

as a definition of a rotor is
    ro·tor (rtr)
    n.
    1. A rotating part of an electrical or mechanical device.
    2. An assembly of rotating horizontal airfoils, as that of a helicopter.

Stating its either a rotating horizontal airfoils , as that of a helicopter which its not at all.
    Or it is a rotating part of an electrical device which its not , the rotating part of a mechanical device is not to clear either as its fixed to a wheel that makes it rotate. So it does not rotate interdependently so its basically a disc fixed to a wheel......

ps its definitely a DISC

can I jus point out that I have MECHANICAL disc brake's so according to this mine are rotor's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Hydros are also mechanical in that sense by the way. Oh and it is rotors, and just has a t.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Im a bike noob ill admit, but i call them rotors like everyone else. OK its technically American English but its the standard name for the thing.
    They are called a rotors because they rotate which is why when it was fitted to a Chrysler Crown Imperial which is often credited as the first car to use this system they were called brake rotors and the term stuck within the motor trade. Its like people call vacuum cleaners hoovers, its not the correct name but the one everyone knows them as.
  • cooldad
    I call them rotors so they are rotors. Simple as. No argument. EOT.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Unless I decide to call them cabbage.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Another 12 year old with internet access?
    Its a rotor. An engineer would call it a rotor so its a rotor.
  • cooldad
    Well if you would call it a rotor, it must be a disc.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    This is what the Internet was invented for.
  • CUBEical
    Another 12 year old with internet access?
    Its a rotor. An engineer would call it a rotor so its a rotor.
    I am not 12 thanks i am 25, this is a light hearted tit for tat thank you..............
    As that person said in a thread his DISC brakes are ROTORS it does not make sense, the DISC brake does not rotate freely its fixed to a wheel! Which rotates, a rotor is apart of a helicopter somthing that rotates freely.We could go on for ever,I know I am English threw and threw. To me they are DISC BRAKES, name me one shop or MTB professional that says they are ROTOR BRAKES give over, It just does not sound right at all. There is no need to get offensive either .RockmonkeySC.
    When a person resorts to personal insults whilst debating it normally means they have lost. I am not the one being picky or childish it was started by some one else picking up on the fact there apparently rotors and not disc brakes, To be honest I do not give a S :evil: :twisted: T what they are just do not like people being pretentious it annoys the hell out of me................
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    CUBEical wrote:
    I know I am English threw and threw.
    (Sic)

:lol: That's (unintentionally) funny as f**k.
  • cooldad
    My understanding of a helicopter is that the blades ate attached to an engine or something, but not being an expert I'm open to suggestion that they are powered by fairy dust or something.

Ps no one said rotor brakes. They are brake rotors. Unless of course they are discs.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    cyd190468 wrote:
    On my velocipede I squease the handle and it squirts stuff down the tube to the graabby thing which grips the flat disc of metal bit. :D
    FTFY! :D
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • CUBEical
    CUBEical wrote:
    (Sic)

Lol i am English thru and thru sorry , which is ironic because thru is actually american, I am English but my English skills are terrible, as you will see in my op. DISK brakes lol
  • cooldad
    So you have a problem with rotor being an Americanism, which at least is correctly spelt, but you are OK with thru, which is simply illiterate?
    Contradict yourself much?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • CUBEical
    cooldad wrote:
    So you have a problem with rotor being an Americanism, which at least is correctly spelt, but you are OK with thru, which is simply illiterate?
    Contradict yourself much?
    that is why i wrote it :lol:
  • CUBEical
    Any way as i said i do not really care what people call it if you look back i was the one being penalised
  • cooldad
    But you do care. You care a lot. You can feel the stress levels rise, that little vein pounding in your forehead.
    It's a rotor.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    You missed the subliminal miss-spelling using disk as a way of expressing his feelings for you CD!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Disck or rotor?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • CUBEical
    How did you know begginer ? Was it that obvious , dam . Ok i think we should meet in the middle and all re name them DICTOR ? What you think ?.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Calm down dear, its only a brake rotor its not as though your life depends on its being correct.
  • The Rookie
    No no...going downhill your life could well depend on those 2 small brake discs.
  • Kowalski675
    CUBEical wrote:
    CUBEical wrote:
    (Sic)

Lol i am English thru and thru sorry ,

Third time lucky?... :lol:
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    My understanding of a helicopter is that the blades ate attached to an engine or something

Unless somebody's pinched it to put into a Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K. Or it's Colin McRae's helicopter, and the engine's at the other side of the field from the rotor blades...
  • CUBEical
    Unless somebody's pinched it to put into a Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K. Or it's Colin McRae's helicopter, and the engine's at the other side of the field from the rotor blades...
    ooowwww now thats a bit LOW lol
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    Hope is a British company, and they sell floating rotors, so they must be called rotors!
  • cooldad
    Hope is a British company, and they sell floating rotors, so they must be called rotors!
    So a double fail.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools