My amazing life

Comments

• lone wheeler
    lone wheeler Posts: 163
    We love Dubai and have lived here for 3 years. Yes it has its downsides and can be frustrating some times but we have made it home for now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    VTech wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Just hang on a minute fellas whilst I get some popcorn...

from Harrods or the Spa shop?

That's so council estate, I only use Fortnum & Mason

hence why they do better popcorn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    VTech wrote:
    If you are the "Real" Matthew Conway, software developer based just outside Cambridge (maybe there are more than 1?) then of course we know each other in our real lives having worked on a couple of projects together.
    This could get embarrassing :)
    junglist_matty has gone a bit quiet...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bill_gates
    bill_gates Posts: 469
    DesWeller wrote:
    The interesting thing about Dubai is, of course, that they don't like the Flintstones.

Whereas in Abu Dhabi they do.

lol :-)

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    If you are the "Real" Matthew Conway, software developer based just outside Cambridge (maybe there are more than 1?) then of course we know each other in our real lives having worked on a couple of projects together.

Must have found something to do to remove the boredom.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Watching The Muppets dvd perhaps? :roll:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Watching The Muppets dvd perhaps? :roll:

Checking LinkedIn.....
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    As a latecomer to this thread, can someone point to the previous thread that "provoked" it?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Living MY dream.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    VTech wrote:

I see. Mind made up, thanks!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Goes to show that you shouldn't post anything that you wouldn't say to someone's face. Forums would be so f**king boring though.
    So having said that and thinking of the other thread here, if there is anyone out there who thinks that they are hard, I would like to say:-

smiley-taunt010.gif
  • VTech
    My wife arrived back from holiday with the kids yesterday and the peaceful house over the past 3 days immediately changed to one with loads of noise, screaming kids and a moaning wife.

See, it's not such an amazing life after all :)
    Living MY dream.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    VTech wrote:

Embarrassing in what way exactly!?
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, I actually work for a living; I make BR forum visits whilst waiting for thousands of lines of code to compile as my company is too tight-arse to give out decent spec'ed laptops (that would get it done in half the time) / software (still running XP)!
  • junglist_matty
    VTech wrote:
    My wife arrived back from holiday with the kids yesterday and the peaceful house over the past 3 days immediately changed to one with loads of noise, screaming kids and a moaning wife.

See, it's not such an amazing life after all :)

Thanks for sharing this information, my day has been enlightened!
  • junglist_matty
    declan1 wrote:
    I think we can call you a muppet for calling your road bike a 'roadie'!

Oh no, you didn't just call me a muppet did you..... This could get embarrassing!
  • VTech
    Maybe not the best place to air your thoughts of your company being tight ar5es on an internet forum, also there is nothing wrong with XP and coding, I use a mac as its quicker on 4gb encryption but anything less than 128 on xp should be a doddle for men of our skills ;)
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    declan1 wrote:
    I think we can call you a muppet for calling your road bike a 'roadie'!

Oh no, you didn't just call me a muppet did you..... This could get embarrassing!

I've just checked out your road bike Matty and it is almost identical to mine save as for graphics saddle and bar tape.
    That makes you a sound lad and you can call your bike what ever you want.

BTW mine is in my office with me which eleviates the boredom as I can talk to it...I'll get my coat.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    To add my perspective to all this;

Used to be an oil trader - made bundles of cash, BUT went bald, almost flipped out with stress, and 'lost' 10 years of my life.

Jacked it all in and now living a simple life in France, not skint, but far from well off, but feeling 100% better for it.

Most rich people I know are not particularly pleasant, I do think money corrupts. And the most priceless commodity? Free time - your freedom to do what you want.
  • VTech

Used to be an oil trader - made bundles of cash, BUT went bald, almost flipped out with stress, and 'lost' 10 years of my life.

Jacked it all in and now living a simple life in France, not skint, but far from well off, but feeling 100% better for it.

Most rich people I know are not particularly pleasant, I do think money corrupts. And the most priceless commodity? Free time - your freedom to do what you want.

I have tried to explain this but to no avail.
    I am not rich, I do not worry about the bailiff knocking on the door, I am a pleasant man, bald, overweight but have a great wife and kids so perfect for me.
    I travel through work, I dont pay for the flights, nor the hotel or expenses so its a fake thing some too associate that with anything other than a simple job.

My crime here is that I buy a few things that please me, a hole in my garden, a new chain set but why should that be so bad for some people ?
    Others here spend far more on a bike so all the power to them.
    My ideals I think are the real issues, I do see things from a lot of different angles simply because of my job and the fact I travel and meet various people, but............ they are from the heart and never through malice so im happy with that.
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    I'm bald too if that helps the situation?
    @JaunePeril

• VTech

When did you start though ? and are you completely bald or in denial with the bottom strip on proud display ? :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ..................And the most priceless commodity? Free time - your freedom to do what you want.
    Never a truer phrase typed. Although having the wherewithall to do it helps. :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Yellow Peril
    VTech wrote:

When did you start though ? and are you completely bald or in denial with the bottom strip on proud display ? :mrgreen:

er...completely bald on a three weekly basis
    @JaunePeril

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    VTech wrote:

er...completely bald on a three weekly basis
    Completely bald twice a week :D I feel for baldies with funny shaped heads, must be a nightmare!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Isn't there a willy waving thread on the bottom bracket already?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I've got loads of hair if that helps anyone. No money though.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    k-dog wrote:

Sell it?!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    k-dog wrote:

Sell it?!

Good idea if we all chip in with our own hair we should get a nice cut.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    k-dog wrote:

Sell it?!

Good idea if we all chip in with our own hair we should get a nice cut.

Yes it might make a bob or two. :oops:
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    k-dog wrote:

Sell it?!

I've got lots but the longest is about an inch. Not sure that's worth much...
    I'm left handed, if that matters.