Worst movie you ever paid to go and see

Comments

• dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Teenwolf.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Teenwolf.
    How dare you! Teen wolf 2....then yes!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=viCZGUb9rhU
    Goosebumps :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • oldhairylegs
    oldhairylegs Posts: 220
    Eyes Wide Shut

Total pile of shite.

People in the seats behind us started laughing out loud at how bad it was, shortly followed by most of the others in the place. The audience reaction actually made it all quite memorable - probably not in the way that Stanley Kubrick would have wanted though. Thankfully, it was his last film as he popped his clogs a few days after its first showing apparently.....
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Eyes Wide Shite

Total pile of shite.

People in the seats behind us started laughing out loud at how bad it was, shortly followed by most of the others in the place. The audience reaction actually made it all quite memorable - probably not in the way that Stanley Kubrick would have wanted though. Thankfully, it was his last film as he popped his clogs a few days after its first showing apparently.....
    FTFY

Total pile of crap. For Nicole Kidman's bottom fans only.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • steve6690
    steve6690 Posts: 190
    Clash of the Titans in 3d. A steaming turd of a movie. I thumbed my own eyes out...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    horse whisper (or something like that) on a bumpy ferry to france - it was a snore bore whilst feeling sick
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Avatar. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen.

Fell asleep to Quantum of Solace.
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    Napoleon Dynamite, The Life Aquatic (like someone mentioned earlier. Along with the other late Bill Murray offering, where the only saving grace was the nude scene with Sharon Stone - where funnily enough the mate was paged, it looked as though he was walking out it disgust and received some abuse...) Lost in Translation was saved by the soundtrack. Got to love a bit of JATMC. Foreign - Lilya 4 Ever. Grim.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Mad cows, truly awful. It was so bad I bet it was banned from going to video/dvd as a crime against humanity.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Open Water .... Camera in the water for 1 hour then roll credits.....everybody saying Is that it WTF :evil:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Eyes Wide Shut

Total pile of shite.

Would.........have.........been.........at..........least..........an..........hour..........shorter.........if..........Nicole Kidman............didn't............pause..........between..........every.........fkn..........word.

Yes, it was indeed shiiite.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • dai_t75
    dai_t75 Posts: 189
    One that always sticks out in my head - Frozen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376606/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

I still don't know what the hell it was about. Truly awful.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    RDW wrote:
    . . . I don't remember Natural Born Killers being bad.
    Let me remind you then. It was bad! :D
    RDW wrote:
    The terrible movies I've actually paid to see in the cinema operate on another level:
    . . .
    Highlander II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/
    . . .

How can I have left Highlander II out of my list? Tag line of the first one: There Can Be Only One. Tagline of the second: Oh Look, Here's A Few More :roll:
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    Closer. That's the only film I've ever considered walking out the cinema during.
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Open Water .... Camera in the water for 1 hour then roll credits.....everybody saying Is that it WTF :evil:
    Yeah that was pretty bad. When you find out that they died you realise that the rest of it wasn't a true story (as it was sold as being) it must have been pure speculation :roll:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Fortunately I didn't go to the cinema and see many films I didn't like, this is a result of being a tight git AND broke for a long time, so I was fairly sure I wanted to see whatever it was before i went.

But the one I do recall sitting and cringing at was Gremlins II, oh my, that was kack.

In terms of having the video (and sadly paid for it).... The Hobbit. It was an ok story, why did they have to mess with it?

The older I get, the better I was.

• Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Black Swan - so boring...
  • Diamant49
    Diamant49 Posts: 101
    The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant

- the clue I should have picked up was in the title......still can't think about it without coming close to breaking down, 30 years later...
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Capt Slog wrote:
    In terms of having the video (and sadly paid for it).... The Hobbit. It was an ok story, why did they have to mess with it?

I paid £600 to watch this! (well, it was the in-flight movie). In The Lord of the Rings, Bibo tells Gandalf he feels "thin, sort of stretched … like butter that has been scraped over too much bread.". Is this the first symptom of the terrible effects of the Ring, or just the result of having his earlier story expanded into 3 blockbuster movies by Peter Jackson..?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Black Swan - so boring...

Made Massively better by my two favourite girls doing each other though....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Just reminded of another pile of donkey shite...

Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp

Wanted to perforate my own eardrums with knitting needles to make it stop!!
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    prometheus. As if the original wasn't bad enough, I saw a dubbed version.
    deep blue sea
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Spider man 3 - Black alien stuff turns Tobey Maguire into an emo
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • Executive Decision - Steven Seagal, John leguizamo were in it, remember it was a bit of a shocker
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    AI Artificial Intelligence.

Great idea, could have been really interesting.

Instead turned into a sprawling, incomprehensible mess of sickly sweet fairy tale mixed with tacky sci-fi.

Utterly, utterly execrable. Spielberg should be ashamed to have been involved.

Oh, and as someone who's had a family member with a Learning Disability, I found Forrest Gump quite amazingly offensive in its crass portrayal of someone with LD. If you want to watch someone give a good performance as someone with a LD condition in a major film, try Rain Man. Or My Left Foot.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Went with the mrs and another couple to watch The Big Wedding last night, mate and I were in the pub next door in 15 mins. When the girls came and met us they said they should have done the same. Worst robert de niro film i have ever seen.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    SecretSam wrote:
    Oh, and as someone who's had a family member with a Learning Disability, I found Forrest Gump quite amazingly offensive in its crass portrayal of someone with LD. If you want to watch someone give a good performance as someone with a LD condition in a major film, try Rain Man. Or My Left Foot.

Or "What's eating Gilbert Grape" for a minor film with major stars about a family dealing with LD.
  • Any film described as RomCom, anything with Hugh Grant, Twilight all of them and a special mention to Mr Bean.

maybe i'm just old and grumpy and not down with the kids anymore but the whole American Pie, Hang over genre films annoy the f@ck out of me :evil:
    JOGLE Cube Aree GTC Pro -DONE
    Summer Commuter Single Speed 90 gear"
    Winter Commuter Badboy Lefty Single Speed
    Hack Lefty with slicks
    Dirty Lefty Taurine
    Giant FCR2 not compact anymore + mods. STOLEN.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    JJSH wrote:
    Pearl Harbour.

I heard a story that at an early press preview of the film in the States, mind, they actually cheered when they (finally) got to the bit where the Japanese attacked.

Shocking film

Oh, and I took the kids to see the Phantom Menace last year and fell asleep during it.

It's just a hill. Get over it.