Worst movie you ever paid to go and see

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Cannot believe no has mentioned that 4th Bourne film... what a load of trash, within 20mins had lost the will to live and if it wasnt for the fact i d paid to see it, would have walked out.

fwiw Warhorse was brilliant as was the Matrix and i really like the Twilight movies...ok ok ok but my daughter would murder me if i said anything else :)
  • stueyboy
    stueyboy Posts: 108
    Oh and I am going to add Django Unchained solely due to Quentin Tarantino's horrific Australian accent. It's no wonder he has to make his own films so that he can get an acting part
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2013
    mamba80 wrote:
    i really like the Twilight movies...ok ok ok but my daughter would murder me if i said anything else :)

Has the daughter brraped you?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    caravaggio

jurassic park*

*my last visit to a cinema
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Sin City? The Matrix? - quality films! Even Avatar was fun in 3D, Mars Attacks was a laugh, I enjoyed The Fifth Element, and I don't remember Natural Born Killers being bad. The terrible movies I've actually paid to see in the cinema operate on another level:

Boxing Helena http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106471/
    Highlander II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/
    Species II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120841/
    Body of Evidence http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106453/
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    The Singing Detective with Robert Downey jr in, by far and away the worst for me. (Dis)Honourable mentions to the third instalments of Pirates of the Caribbean and Spiderman series with Toby Maguire, both unnecessary and way way too long. Probably a few others too if I really thought but Trance was the most recent where I wished I saved the £8 to get in.
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    Life of Pi.

Cr@p of the worst possible kind. :|
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
    Has it finished yet?

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Bore
    Has it started yet?
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Without a doubt the worst film I ever went to see was "A Zed and Two Noughts". A mate encouraged me to accompany him as he was going through a bit of an obscure movie phase while he was at uni, I think this film probably put paid to that. I walked out after about half an hour and several people followed. Complete and utter nonsense. Here is the IMDB synopsis. I wish I had read it before I wasted a portion of my life starting to watch it.

Oliver Deuce, a successful doctor, is shattered when his wife is killed in a freak car accident involving the car being driven by Alba Bewick colliding with a very large rare bird. His twin brother Oswald is researching how carcasses decay at the local zoo. Alba survives the accident although she loses one leg, and her sinister physician eventually removes the other 'because it looked so sad all alone'. Oswald and Oliver become involved in a menage a trois with Alba, and uncover very dubious trafficking in zoo property. But ultimately their only goal is to try and understand their mortal condition. Written by Dan Ellis
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Brassknocker
    Brassknocker Posts: 209
    ...Johnny Mnemonic - I couldn't believe how terrible it was - I was actually sitting there angry that I'd paid to watch it. Keanu Reeves (who I don't have anything against) and some talking dolphin with a colander on its head in a fishtank thing.

...The Phantom Menace - or whichever one of those terrible 3 'new' films had Jar Jar f-ing Binks in it.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Warhorse. End of
    I see your Warhorse and raise you all the other films mentioned with - Exorcist II The Heretic.

Without doubt the biggest pile of **** ever made.
    The fact that Richard Burton is in it makes it even more scandalous!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Well let's see now...

Off the top of my head...

The Men Who Stare At Goats
    Steve Zizou And The Life Aquatic
    The Village
    Prometheus
    Lost In Translation
    Broken Flowers (There do seem to be a lot of later career Bill Murray films here don't there?)
    Sex And The City 2 (here's the Mark Kermode review/rant for a fuller explanation!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHeQeHstrsc
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Mortal Kombat
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    zbiegu wrote:
    Battleship - what a waste of money and time.

+1 absolutely dire. Acting, plot, just about everything. 2 hrs of my life I could have been doing something less painful like pulling my finger nails out.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    What was that one about the wind by michael M shamamamamlan - that was awful :evil:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Shaolin Soccer - is exactly what it sounds like and exactly as bad as you'd think. Still regret not walking out of that one

Matrix 2 and 3 are films that seemed to be massively hyped, but that I ve never wanted to watch again.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Being John Malkovich

Only went with some mates for something to do, it confirmed for me that John Malkovich can't act for toffee and everything he is in he plays exactly the same. He has that 'staccato-style deliberate, supposed to be meaningful' tone that he uses in everything... the bloke is a crap actor and this film was completely crap too, of course some people thought it was 'really original' but then forgot to take in how crap it was. Did I say it was crap? Good. Its crap.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Mission Impossible Two - a couple of my mates went to the toilet beforehand and accidentally walked into the wrong showing without realising - the one that had started an hour earlier. I was so jealous, should have walked out

Saw warhorse recently, i liked it but then that sort of mush is unfortunately gets to me a bit
    Matrix - i thought it was really good, thought Matrix 2 was rubbish and couldnt be bothered to watch the third one.
    Aviator - i think it was the sort of film that meant more to people who knew something about Howard Hughes.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Ironweed, with Jack Nickolson and Meryl Streep acting their little cotton socks off. There was so much Good Acting in the film that it was really hard to decide who the Best Actor was. It was even nominated for a Good Acting Oscar. The only thing lacking was Alec Baldwin because no-one can outact Alec Baldwin.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Wayne's World and Dumb and Dumber. Only two times I've ever walked out the cinema.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Cloverfield :evil:
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Alice. A Woody Allen movie. Six of us went to see it, it was a compromise choice and all six left by about the half way point.

Now I know why Woody Allen refuses to watch his own movies.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    A Scanner Darkly - literally fell asleep, never done that before or after when watching any moivie.
  • jjsh
    jjsh Posts: 142
    Pearl Harbour.

Went with a lass, I wanted to see some action flick, her some chick flick. Because I was hoping for rumpy pumpy later on, I suggested the chick flick. I was elated when it was sold out (but managed my disapointed face).

She suggested Pearl Harbour instead as a compromise, as she liked one of the actors. Result! Guns, explosions, fighting and then rumpy pumpy later on. Sweet.

Film starts. Oh. My. Goodness. What a complete pile of god awful, historically inaccurate, badly acted, appaulingly scripted junk, that goes on, and on, and on, and just when you think it has ended, goes on an hour or so more.

In fact, I'm going to stop typing now, as the memories of the pain of having to watch it are flooding back. Urrrggghh... (shiver).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    If count renting a video from Blockbuster, then a mate once said he's heard 'Glengarry Glenross' was a good movie (anyone actually heard of that before?). It was 'kin shyte, don't know how they had the cheek to charge for it. What a waste of 2 hours of my life.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    JJSH wrote:
    Pearl Harbour.

Went with a lass, I wanted to see some action flick, her some chick flick. Because I was hoping for rumpy pumpy later on, I suggested the chick flick. I was elated when it was sold out (but managed my disapointed face).

She suggested Pearl Harbour instead as a compromise, as she liked one of the actors. Result! Guns, explosions, fighting and then rumpy pumpy later on. Sweet.

Film starts. Oh. My. Goodness. What a complete pile of god awful, historically inaccurate, badly acted, appaulingly scripted junk, that goes on, and on, and on, and just when you think it has ended, goes on an hour or so more.

In fact, I'm going to stop typing now, as the memories of the pain of having to watch it are flooding back. Urrrggghh... (shiver).

Yeh but did you get laid?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Well, we are all different, I guess ............

Lost in Translation, one of the best films I've seen. Watched it at least three times.
    Being John Malkovich. Loved it. Watched it twice.
    Cloverfield. Excellent, thought it very good.

Worst film? I watched the Baz Luhrmann's version of The Great Gatsby last night and I was getting suicidal towards the end. It's a stinker. However I can confirm the worst film ever made, and sadly I paid to go and see it, is The Berberian Sound Studio. Really, really terrible. In conversation with a fellow audience ember afterwards, I was astonished when he and his wife told me it was one of their all time favourites and they had seen it seven times. As I said, we're all different.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1833844/
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    PS worst film? Anything with Jim Carey in it (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind excepted!).
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Now there go.....Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind was IMHO utterly awful.

Now when my kids were younger they loved Jim Carrey and I had to sit and suffer quite a bit, but I've just remembered Ace Ventura 2, F*CK ME!!!! that was torture
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    How very dare you! Ace Ventura 2 is the finest work of cinematography ever produced!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver