Official TT 2013 thread

2»

Comments

• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I hope McGuinness and Dunlop don't push each other too hard. McGuinness was certainly fired up on Sunday, pretty impressive after 5 laps at that pace in TT circumstances. I still want to see Guy win one.

Gawd it's good to see a bit of Sun in blighty, can't beat long summer evenings.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Indeed, it was a great race. Was good to see just what MD can do given the right machine!

He's a hard rider, well desrved win.
    The Norton sounds AMAZING btw.

While it's nice to see the name on a race bike again, I can't really see how an Aprilia engine in a Spondon frame is in any way a Norton, just because Stuart Garner owns the rights to use the name (and now owns Spondon too).
  • Kowalski675
    FocusZing wrote:
    McGuinness was certainly fired up on Sunday, pretty impressive after 5 laps at that pace in TT circumstances.

I think he was a bit annoyed with himself after that pitlane speed infringement. Very impressive to break the lap record on the final lap.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Dunlop has been on an absolute FLYER today!

Not been able to watch as I'm finishing some stuff off at work, but was listening to the live feed on the radio.

He's looking VERY good indeed this year. Could he possibly make it the full 5?
  • Kowalski675
    He's looking VERY good indeed this year. Could he possibly make it the full 5?

Hopefully if he does he won't then smash his leg to pieces afterwards like Hutchy...

Watched the Supersport 600s on ITV4 tonight. Really good race. 127mph laps on a 600 - gloriously mental bas*ards. That MV Agusta F3 675 triple is lovely, and sounds lush through that Moto GP style Akrapovic system (I'm biased though, having a lush sounding 675 triple myself, lol).
  • Kowalski675
    A 231mph lap on a Superstock bike? :shock:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439

Mental wasn't it. Somehow I found my hands googling superstock bikes for sale whilst watching. They're pretty cheap!

Oh dear. Thanl god 'the wife' rules with an iron fist or this time next year I might be dead. :lol:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I've been enjoying the racing this year. For some reason I can't warm to MD though, although it is good to see the name winning with domination again.
    Insert bike here:
  • Kowalski675
    prawny wrote:

Mental wasn't it. Somehow I found my hands googling superstock bikes for sale whilst watching. They're pretty cheap!

You wouldn't want to buy one that had done the TT, lol. It's probably equivalent to several years normal road use. A superstock bike is essentially a virtually standard road bike - they can change the exhaust, air filter and fuel injection mapping and rear shock (and change the plastics for race bodywork, obviously), but very little else. They even have to keep the standard clocks and ignition switch. On the 1000s you're allowed to add a quickshifter, but not on superstock 600s.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    [Farnsworth] Good news Everybody![/Farnsworth]

Tomorrow evening I am going to the VIP Hospitality suite. There will be a live band, some TT riders, and............ a free bar!

To top the evening off, as my employers are sponsoring the senior again, there will be a free raffle going on during the evening. At some point, someone will win the full VIP package for Senior race day. All access pass, free bar (in case you've not drunk enough on Thurs night), meet the stars etc.
    Best of all though........

And this is so exciting I nearly shat!............

The winner, will be the official starter for the Senior!!!!!!

CWNT is now praying to God, Jeebus, Allah, Buddah, Spongebob, whoever will listen to get that prize.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    I will say it again...... CWNT you are a lucky barsteward

Good luck for the raffle, now that is one hell of a prize :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Cwnt - top blagging
  • FocusZing
    [Farnsworth] Good news Everybody![/Farnsworth]

Tomorrow evening I am going to the VIP Hospitality suite. There will be a live band, some TT riders, and............ a free bar!

To top the evening off, as my employers are sponsoring the senior again, there will be a free raffle going on during the evening. At some point, someone will win the full VIP package for Senior race day. All access pass, free bar (in case you've not drunk enough on Thurs night), meet the stars etc.
    Best of all though........

And this is so exciting I nearly shat!............

The winner, will be the official starter for the Senior!!!!!!

CWNT is now praying to God, Jeebus, Allah, Buddah, Spongebob, whoever will listen to get that prize.

Best of luck on that, sounds a pretty fine day even if you don't win.

That was some damn close racing today, Dunlop certainly has the guts when required.
  • Kowalski675
    He's always had the guts, that's never been in question.
  • FocusZing
    Rourke_Guy_Martin_100mph_Speed_Record.jpg

Rourke_Guy_Martin_100mph_Speed_Record_bike.jpg
  • Great show by Guy and Co, some b*lls on the boy!
    Was surprised He could still pedal the bike even with 100+mph gearing from a standing start..
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube