Anyone dynamoing this year?

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
Have been persuaded to do the Dunwich Dynamo this year. Any other commuting bods coming along?
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    menthel, you must be psychic mate. I've been thinking only today 'Its about time I did the DD before it gets 'corporate'' - though in truth it probably has, now its featured in this month's Cycling Plus. What's the date this year?
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Yeah, I've got a place on the Dulwich Paragons coach back. Only problem is that MrsDhope's birthday do is that weekend, so I may have to give up my spot :/
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • menthel
    It's on the 20-21st of July. It's already been featured over the years all over the place and has been growing year on year. Hopefully it's free form nature will mean that it never becomes too commercial!

Me and my friends are already booked on the coaches, not sure what time I will arrive though, never cycled that far before!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    Forgot to say, anyone from west London want to meet up and cycle over on the day? :)
    RIP commute...
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    How did I miss that there was a paragons coach.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • menthel
    There are also the coaches organised by the southwark cycling guys for those not affiliated (such as myself!) ;)
    RIP commute...
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Haloo!! I'm also signed up for this and have already booked my seat on the Southwark coach. Am doing a Dun Run Lite ride on 7 June also. Should arrive back in London with enough energy to swing by the Nocturne. Hopefully.
  • dhope
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Haloo!! I'm also signed up for this and have already booked my seat on the Southwark coach. Am doing a Dun Run Lite ride on 7 June also. Should arrive back in London with enough energy to swing by the Nocturne. Hopefully.
    Ah, really, cool, well I should be in the city race so say hello at the Nocturne if you're about.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Excellent. More of an incentive not to bypass Smithfield and head straight home from L Street :)
  • raymondo60
    Just booked a space on the coach so definitely up for it this year. Looking forward to it immensely - have been meaning to do the Dynamo for years. Yippee!
    Raymondo

• daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Hi chaps, how does one book a coach - anyone got a link or a phone number? Thanks!
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    I should be doing it and will persuade my other half to give me a lift home :)

Also doing the London 100 two weeks later though, slightly concerned about breaking myself or the bike.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • raymondo60
    Daddy0 wrote:
    Hi chaps, how does one book a coach - anyone got a link or a phone number? Thanks!

Link below daddyo

http://regonline.activeeurope.com/dunwichdynamo
    Raymondo

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    They organise one every year....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    They organise one every year....

Rhetoric doesn't require a response.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • menthel
    So any west london types want to meet up to get down to strange and mysterious east london? ;)
    RIP commute...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    bumpage, I'm in. Be riding over with a few mates. Going to used the geared bike [green/white Caad 8] and will be in a Kingston Wheelers jersey.

What are peoples thoughts on what to pack? I think between 3 of us we'll be sharing backpack duties to have space for some layers. Probably be taking 1x500ml and 1x750ml bottles on the bike & spare emergency lights.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I'm doing it with the EPO and one or two mates. Taking as much water as we can carry, some sort of food, spare lights and batteries, pump, spare tyre and some tubes, a PRK, a chain tool, spare link and a multitool. Might take an extra layer, but I went out for a ride at 9pm last night and it was still seriously warm at 11:30 when I got in, so you probably wont need the extra layer until you get to the coast.

One of my friends is driving to Dunwich the night before and getting the train to London then staying over with us. Then he's driving us all back after a brief kip on the beech. So hopefully he will have loaded the car with blankets, water and food.
  • menthel
    I will be on my black condor italia and probably wearing my grey touring shorts and a high vis short sleeve. Planning on taking 2 bottles of water with electrolyte drink in (with extra tablets), jelly babies, some sort of oat based snacks and whatever else fits in my large outlieb saddle bag and tri pouch (deffo spare batteries!). It's only 200k so there is no need for the kitchen sink!
    RIP commute...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Yup, tempted to ditch the backpack share and put the Ortlieb large back on. Shouldn't be needing much more than arm warmers, spare lights and food.
  • raymondo60
    I will be carrying

4 spare tyres (3 around my midriff)
    16 tubes
    two white loaves, 2 wholemeal loaves and enough fish for 5,000
    a full scalpel set with suture kit
    a mini chess game
    the complete published works of Philip K Dick
    a 1940's Luftwaffe searchlight - series 2 of course
    a multi-pack of Roman Candles
    a water lilo for the beach

oh, and one of those little furry things, you know, little purple furry things that go 'nit nit nit' ....??

Sorted!

I'll also have my BR name-tag on my backpack, so unless the above has convinced you that I'm a complete maniac (the pills work most of the time) please do say hello!
    Raymondo

• welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Looks like I am in! Should I ride:

Cervelo R5
    Cervelo S1
    Langster (what I am thinking)
    Boardman Cx

Will be wearing a 'Colchester Rovers' jersey, red white and black.
  • dhope
    Sadly I'm out. It's the EPO's birthday do on Saturday night.
    Langster would be fine, Welkman, there will be plenty of others on FGSS from the other forum.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • welkman
    I am most worried about getting from Stratford to hackney :oops:
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    I'm doing it for the first time and thought I'd do it on the fixed. I suspect my companions will be quite slow so might need some arm and leg warmers if the pace is too slow - I said I'd stay with them come what may.

What's the drill for the return coach? I'm assuming it's a case of first come, first served?
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You need to book in advance. Don't rely on there being any space if you haven't booked.
  • welkman
    Well I shall be accompanying two lovely ladies from the club and then riding back to home from the finish (45 miles) might have a kip on the beach audax style!
  • bromyG
    bromyG Posts: 59
    I'm going too on my trusty red Brompton along with other members of the London Brompton Club - see you all on the beach!! :D

Red Brompton S6L
  • welkman
    In all seriousness can someone reccommend a route from stratford station to the start that is safe? Remember i'm a country boy :shock:
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    edited July 2013
    Right. Back on.