Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ugo.santalucia, why does your name appear in Green?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    This is what happens when you don't read peoples posts frenchie...

F**k off and Die Di Luca!

No surprises about the stage, the weather this year (and last year) has been freaky, I dont think you can heap too much blame on RCS, just as like our holiday was a debacel becasue of the rain (looking for anything here).

Feel a bit bad for Nibbles, should be getting more Kudos from this, although I doubt Italy will care that much
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    We'll always have the Tour of Belgium TT to keep us company. Just as good.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Turfle wrote:
    We'll always have the Tour of Belgium TT to keep us company. Just as good.
    Your kidding.
    A 10 mile Time Trial for Tony Martin.

I love Time Trials when I'm there with a watch but then TT's on TV bore me like most people.

It always astounds me to see Winter downhill Ski-ing being made interesting with the time checks on the way down.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    RichN95 wrote:
    Do the intermediate sprints have time bounuses as well as points on offer? Because if they do Evans may be obliged to chase them if Uran does.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

:mrgreen:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Mid May for the Galibier was always going to be a bit optimistic. That means ploughing the last few km of road in all but the warmest years. By the end of May the climate is generally warmer and weather more stable. It can make a big difference.

As for freaky weather. There was a postman on the TV this morning doing his rounds in the French Chartreuse, he claimed he couldn't remember the last time there was significant snow in May. Well I can help him. This is the 30th May 2007

521420065_13cb88ab3f.jpg

The col was blocked on the North side.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Green for Global Moderator
    left the forum March 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Does that mean you're the person to blame for this weather?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    RichN95 wrote:

If he is I'll dish out the first punch - it's like January in Leicester today. :evil:
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746

Is that some kind of Super Hero ?
  • ugo.santalucia
    RichN95 wrote:

In a way yes... I do not direct clouds, but I do have an influence on them. Don't worry, heading to Belgium tomorrow... they'll come with me
  • ugo.santalucia
    dsoutar wrote:

No, it's one level under a Jedi Knight... I have a green laser sword, full Jedi get a red one
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Well in lieu of any racing I am glad the important question of: why ugo.santalucia's name is green, has been answered. :)

It has been officially the coldest Spring on record here in the Netherlands. 9 degrees outside today. :shock:

p.s. My staff team building meeting finished early and so now I'm upset I have no cycling to watch while I finish Friday afternoon admin. :cry:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I've got an important question then. Why isn't Ugo's name green on my screen?

Oh well, at least I can get my work in order before having a week off now.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I was briefly in Amsterdam on Tuesday. It looked really horrible outside so I didn't leave the airport
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    I was briefly in Amsterdam on Tuesday. It looked really horrible outside so I didn't leave the airport

To be fair the airport is pretty nice as airports go, they have some comfy chairs.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    dsoutar wrote:

No, it's one level under a Jedi Knight... I have a green laser sword, full Jedi get a red one

Jedi's don't use red lightsabers, they are either blue, green or purple. The Sith use red ones.

(unless your talking about the Expanded Universe...)
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:

Colour blindness?

Crap now it is hailing outside. Santa Madonna, when will it stop? I was going to sneak off early and have a quick ride out by the airport.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Pross wrote:

Colour blindness?

Crap now it is hailing outside. Santa Madonna, when will it stop? I was going to sneak off early and have a quick ride out by the airport.

Could well be or more likely crap, bottom of the range monitor and graphics card - not ideal with the work I do - as I can now see that it is indeed just on the green side of black!
  • rhnb
    rhnb Posts: 324
    Well it doesn't look too good at the top of the Stelvio at the moment...
    http://webcam.popso.it/cm/pages/ServeBL ... DPagina/28

I had a quick look at it yesterday and it looked promising! Snow had been cleared and there were a few cyclists milling about at the top. (Pics still available on that same page).
    ~~~
    http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk
    Cycle tour reports and the home of \'Cycling Before Lycra\'
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    now I'm upset I have no cycling to watch while I finish Friday afternoon admin. :cry:
    Sorry to hear that. If I'd known you were so desperate (and I'd looked at the forum earlier), I would have posted the live stream link to the Tour of Belgium. Half a loaf. No, quarter loaf - it was a TT.

Too late now to post the link, it's finished for today. As foreseen Tony Martin won the stage, and also took over the race lead. Gilbert has a bit over a minute to make up tomorrow.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    edited May 2013
    knedlicky wrote:
    now I'm upset I have no cycling to watch while I finish Friday afternoon admin. :cry:
    Sorry to hear that. If I'd known you were so desperate (and I'd looked at the forum earlier), I would have posted the live stream link to the Tour of Belgium. Half a loaf. No, quarter loaf - it was a TT.

Too late now to post the link, it's finished for today. As foreseen Frenchfighter won the stage, and also took over the race lead. Someone's mum has a bit over a minute to make up tomorrow.

Nooooo !!

No spoiler alert, now my evening is ruined

Actually that was a lie

Edited to protect the innocent
  • knedlicky
    I think they should do 2 mountain stages in the appennines, 2 in the alps and a few of those undulated stages with lesser climbs.
    There are terrible climbs under 2000 metres, Zoncolan and Mortirolo being the two obvious examples
    Si si, Signore! Bring on the Passo del Lagadello, from the Castelnuovo di Garfagnana side!
    (it’s inland from Massa)

And bring back Blockhaus, but with an ascent from the NW (from Scafa), rather than from the north
    (as was done in the 2009 Giro).
  • knedlicky
    dsoutar wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

Too late now to post the link, it's finished for today. As foreseen Tony Martin won the stage, and also took over the race lead. Gilbert has a bit over a minute to make up tomorrow.

Nooooo !!

No spoiler alert, now my evening is ruined

Actually that was a lie
    So was what I wrote about Tony Martin

Actually that was a lie
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    LOL. I just sat down to watch my recording.
    Last thing I expected to find in the snow of the Stelvio was Tony Martin. :P

Given it was a 15km flat ITT, hardly more than a semi spoiler spoil.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Well this is great isn't it. I've got a family holiday to Lake Garda in Tuesday and the weather forecast is a big pile of dog turd. Grrrrr
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    RonB wrote:
    I was wondering about S20.

On another matter, could this be turned into a spoiler thread please. I wouldn't want folks to miss out on this dramatic revalation being delivered in a timely fashion when they sit in down in front of the highlights programme tonight :D

Hahaha just spent 20mins trying to get a good wifi signal in a field only to find tennis!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Well this is great isn't it. I've got a family holiday to Lake Garda in Tuesday and the weather forecast is a big pile of dog turd. Grrrrr

Just think Rhyl on a summers day - you'll be fine.

So is stage 20 deffo on then - I know they revised the route, but is this open to change also or is a confirmed route?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.