Indoor training

zummerzet_lou
zummerzet_lou Posts: 232
Winter is rapidly approaching and already I'm down a few rides due to wet days. Managed to make myself head out on Sunday despite the rain, but taken a couple of days just for my shoes to dry out.

Now, I do have a cheap wind trainer but it's boring ....

Am considering buying some rollers - at least I'll have to make an effort to stay upright (how hard are they?), or is there anything else that you do that make training staring at a garage wall less brain-numbing?

Ta,

Lou
Zummerzet Lou

Cycle shorts have magic powers that make a big bum look HUGE!!

Comments

• colinsmith123
    colinsmith123 Posts: 579
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • NUFCrichard
    NUFCrichard Posts: 103
    I have rollers, they really aren't too difficult, especially when you go fast.
    The problem for me comes at the warm down at the end of a hard work out when the momentum is lost and I am tired, then I am prone to falling!

You won't fly off your rollers btw, just a long slow TIMBER to the side, I have always managed to unclip in time!
    Also get Trainer Road and/or Sufferfest, they are great.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Winter is rapidly approaching

really ?
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Its May ffs
  • He's taking the pi$$
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • zummerzet_lou
    Perhaps I should have mentioned that I'm in New Zealand .... summer xmas's here, and June/July/Aug are the winter monthss

Been here nearly 5 months, and still haven't got used to topsy-turvy seasons LOL
    Zummerzet Lou

• buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    I thought 'maybe he's in Australia'.... but it says "Location: United Kingdom" so can't blame people for thinking you'd one potty.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • DHTT
    DHTT Posts: 345
    Put scrunched up newspaper in your shoes overnight and they'll dry faster
  • edten
    edten Posts: 228
    Put a film or the telly on. Many people sit on a couch watching telly for a few hours so may as well sit on a bike and watch it. Definitely go with rollers. Great for bike handling skills unlike a turbo trainer.
  • zummerzet_lou
    maybe he's in Australia

I be a lass! Although, never considered that Lou is also a chaps name :oops:

Hmmm, I might go and have another look at rollers.

One other questions .. how easy are rollers to adjust for different bikes? I would like to use it for my road bike, but also a 24inch BMX cruiser that I use for racing .
    Zummerzet Lou

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    If you are in the upper North Island it does not get cold enough to stop you riding on the Roads. Might get a bit wet thats all. Look on Trade Me plenty of rollers and turbo trainers for sale.