Injured from riding? Or not? Tell us here....

2»

Comments

• ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    keef66 wrote:
    CleeRider wrote:
    10 months of cycling mostly clipless, training/riding hard most of the time... No offs, no clipless falls.
    Probably jinxed myself now :)

My clipless fall sideways into a field gateway was the day after I'd posted on here that I'd never done it :D

Ha ha, priceless.
  • norwichdanny
    norwichdanny Posts: 105
    Ha ha love this thread!
    Had my first off a couple of years ago going round a clear corner, no traffic or obstacles, unfortunately didn't notice the diesel on the road ( next to a farm entrance!) and in a split second was sliding across the tarmac. Lots of roadrash and disintegrated gloves! For a long while was very wary going round corners at speed, and definately pay more attention to whats on the road. A few weeks after this my riding partner caught something in his mouth and went up the kerb and then over the bars, when he got up and realised his bike was fine he laughed!!
    A few weeks ago was out with my wife and i went through some temp traffic lights which changed to red as i went through. I waited round the corner and tried to balance on the pedals without unclipping. Just as my wife comes round the corner i fell to the side in slow motion. She nearly fell off laughing!
    Cant remember who said it but the following is quite relevant.....
    There are those that have crashed and those that will crash!