My Pimped Apollo Outrider

13»

Comments

• fuzzysb
    fuzzysb Posts: 20
    It is valuable learning, but look at my Kraken (link in sig), that was achieved for less that you've paid....

I have just realised you said in your thread you had spent £623, mine was running at roughly £550, so how could you say you got it for less?

all the parts of my bike were second hand Ebay auction wins except for the Crud Catchers, bar grips and headset.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    fuzzysb wrote:
    It is valuable learning, but look at my Kraken (link in sig), that was achieved for less that you've paid....

I have just realised you said in your thread you had spent £623, mine was running at roughly £550, so how could you say you got it for less?

all the parts of my bike were second hand Ebay auction wins except for the Crud Catchers, bar grips and headset.

You can't, but he has a significantly better bike.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    thanks i wasn't aware it was that easy as the cable looks like it has a metal braid on the outside as well

If they're braided hoses they may not be that easy to cut anyway - the early Shimano braided hoses were non cuttable.
  • fuzzysb
    fuzzysb Posts: 20

You can't, but he has a significantly better bike.

If you say so, and of that you are the font of all knowledge because it has been stated you should by a Hardtail at the lower end of the spectrum.

but the method behind my madness is to upgrade the components now and replace the frame at a later date, i could not do it right now because it would not be worth the wrath of the missus.

but it is a far superior ride to what it was originally, and will be a very cost effective way of getting the upgrade in two parts.

but i keep telling you, get under the bridge where you belong.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yes his bike will be better. It has nothing to do with FS or HT.

I also think that if you put an ok secondhand Merida HT frame on there it would ride like night and day, in a better way. Sure you could get one of those for a lot less than £50.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    fuzzysb wrote:
    Try reading the thread again, the bike as it stands cost about £500, the £623 was total lifetime cost including bits worn out and spare tyres for different conditions.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ignore this post, nothing to see here :lol: :oops:
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    Good effort, but just be sure not to spend too much money to polish a turd (to be blunt)
    Can bolt on as much shiny as you want, but the frame is still the same
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    my bike cost £164.00 including delivery which I thought was a good deal.

since this picture was taken I had a bad landing on a tree root while attempting downhill (front mud guard snapped off) took the back one off for the mean while so it matches. this was brought as new off ebay. came with road tyres which I changed.

i16Ow1m.jpg