Anyone here know Gumball Rally ?

2»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Gumball Rally.....worth watching......so.....watch it!!

http://blip.tv/slazzy/jackass-presents- ... 00-1279841
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    VTech wrote:
    both front cars are running my software.

Ahh, so you're the voice that says "You have reached your destination" :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    The guy with e konigseig or however its spelt. That was arthur chickurnican or someing if i remember right? Skint now? What a suprise.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I was sure there was no way you could have missed Arthur, Jeff.
    I actually thought he was an ok guy but I do hate waste for the sake of it.
    If I buy myself something I try to do it because I want something. I know so many that buy because they can.
    That doesn't make me right and them wrong though, each to his own I guess.
    Living MY dream.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    seanoconn wrote:
    i note you carefully avoided '+1ing' the comment re. the marvellous burt reynolds...unbelievable!

he's the one with the moustache right? I think I may be a bit too young for that...!

WTF! he is a ledge, i'm in my 20's and i know about the magnificent burt!

smokey and the bandit, cannonball run, etc. all immense films...

wait...actually,maybe this says something about me!
    +1 Burt Reynolds :D it's best not to watch his films anymore ( Cannonball, Smokey & the Bandit, Hooper) because they've dated so badly and just remember Burt as a Legend! :D

There's a full length episode of the Jackass Gumball Rally available that's well worth watching and may bring back memories for some that have taken part. I just can't post the link and vid with my phone, maybe someone else can find it. 42mins running time.

Hoopers boss, I downloaded it just the other week - with jan michael vincent too. And the guy who used to be Roscoe Peeeeeee Coltrane in the dukes of hazard

tumblr_l9l2dvEc6d1qate3qo1_400.jpg

is in it because he was Burts best mate and acting teacher. :D:mrgreen: :roll: :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I know what you mean my current job is envolved around a very wealthy family and the stuff they have bought in the last few years ( in excess of 40 million ) and not used any of it, and not made them happy proved to me money is not the answer to everything and they just buy stuff for buying stuff sake. So looking forward to leaving in three months time and start work for a cycling company here on the island working with normal people.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    VTech wrote:
    the guy Nick Morley took a lot of flack for what in fact wasnt his fault as the guy driving was going the wrong way down a street and veered off into a tree, Ive never found all the facts but one died at the scene and the other after the shock of hearing about the death of his/her partner.

The accusation: Morley was driving his Porsche at 100mph, hitting the Golf after it had legally turned onto the road, and then trying to flee the country. The driver died on his way to hospital and his wife succumbed to her injuries a few days later. This was the version accepted by the court when it convicted Morley.

The defense: ""We weren't racing... I came round a corner [at the speed limit] and saw a flash of red ahead. The other car was pulling out of a junction. There was literally no time to do anything other than brace ourselves... I could see the driver lying on the grass. He had come out of the car as a result of not wearing a seatbelt and was unconscious."

So no one-way street. No veering into a tree. No death from shock. A story that bears no resemblance to that told at the trial by either the prosecution or the defense. But still:
    VTech wrote:
    needless to say, what I said was correct.

Pathological the way you make stuff up.
  • VTech
    edited May 2013
    *On reflection I have taken this part of my comment out as the forum really isnt the place for arguments or personal attacks*.

Look at the Porsche !!!

A head in impact at 100mph would have at least out a scratch on that 997!!!!!!!!

The ONLY damage was was rear bumper being I clipped due to swerving into a side bollard to avoid the other driver who hit a huge lamppost on the side of the road which you can see under the car and exactly where the huge crease in the car is.

I guess we have to draw our own conclusion to this but I too would have hired a private plane to get out of the country like Nick, if I was told to pay (I wont enter the amount here but it was vast) or go to jail I would be concerned that maybe everything wasnt as it seems.
    Living MY dream.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    If I had to choose the fault between;

a) rich guy thrashing a Porsche at speeds way in excess of the limits to get to the champagne before his mates, on a small country road

or

b) old local guy pootling down to the shops,

I think I'm probably going to go with a).
  • VTech

a) rich guy thrashing a Porsche at speeds way in excess of the limits to get to the champagne before his mates, on a small country road

or

Thats why we in this country like to use a thing called evidence. Please look at the picture above for the evidence.
    I crashed my Ferrari at 40mph and it was totally destroyed yet at 100mph this Porsche didnt even have a scratch.

I wish id kept mine now ! :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

or

To be honest, from the examples that I have seen in the past fortnight, I would pick B).

Mandatory road tests every 5 years after 70 I say. And eye tests every year. I won't get in a car that my Dad is driving and he is "legal". :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • bernithebiker
    daviesee wrote:
    To be honest, from the examples that I have seen in the past fortnight, I would pick B).

Mandatory road tests every 5 years after 70 I say. And eye tests every year. I won't get in a car that my Dad is driving and he is "legal". :shock:

I too have seen some pretty shocking driving from OAP's, but at least they tend to drive quite slowly, so the damage is a bit more limited.

If you thrape around country lanes at 100+, you're just asking for trouble IMHO, tractors, cyclists, pedestrians, OAP's, whatever.
  • bernithebiker
    VTech wrote:

or

Thats why we in this country like to use a thing called evidence. Please look at the picture above for the evidence.
    I crashed my Ferrari at 40mph and it was totally destroyed yet at 100mph this Porsche didnt even have a scratch.

I wish id kept mine now ! :mrgreen:

One photo does not constitute 'evidence'. Without seeing the layout of the road, skid marks, etc. etc. it is impossible to say who is at fault from that photo.
  • VTech
    daviesee wrote:

I too have seen some pretty shocking driving from OAP's, but at least they tend to drive quite slowly, so the damage is a bit more limited.

If you thrape around country lanes at 100+, you're just asking for trouble IMHO, tractors, cyclists, pedestrians, OAP's, whatever.

But that doesnt change the fact that the Porsche didnt hit the OAP's car at 100mph, trust me, the porka would have been battered !!!!!
    Living MY dream.
  • dynamicbrick
    dynamicbrick Posts: 460
    In this, VTech is correct - car crashes involving 100mph speeds tend to look like someone's set off a car bomb in said vehicle
  • bernithebiker
    In this, VTech is correct - car crashes involving 100mph speeds tend to look like someone's set off a car bomb in said vehicle

I have no idea what happened or at what speed, or who hit who or what.

My suspicion is simply that the Porsche was almost certainly speeding, which would have been a major factor in the accident.
  • VTech

My suspicion is simply that the Porsche was almost certainly speeding, which would have been a major factor in the accident.

So the crumpled up car with the pole smashed underneath it had no factors in the crash ?
    Lets hope you never get Jury service, imagine facing the judge for non payment of council tax and you being on the jury, the poor sod would be getting 25-life !!!
    Living MY dream.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

Suspicions are not fact. Just saying....
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.