John Terry

2»

Comments

• Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Paulie W wrote:
    UEFA regulations insist that any player who wishes to lift the trophy must be wearing kit... so pointless to have a dig at him. He played in earlier rounds so deserved his medal, and IMHO the Club Captain should lift the trophy.

It seems much more appropriate to me that the captain on the day lift the trophy. The problem with Terry is that, leaving aside the long stream of bad behaviour off (and on) the pitch, he has no humility at all and absolutely no self-awareness.

Who cares? Certainly not Chelsea fans. I'll not be teaching my son to look up to footballers. He's a knob no doubt, but he's been a great player so I'm happy to put up with him. Thankfully Chelsea have/had model pros to balance him out - Zola, Petrescu, Mata, Cech etc.

Who said anything about footballers being role models?! He's clearly a monumental prick - everything he does and says reveals this - and several people on this thread and elsewhere have pointed this out.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Terry lacks class.

I don't care how good, or how much he has been a loyal servant of the club. The guy lacks class and there is no defending that. Trying to claim that you can overlook his behaviour due to his footballing prowess is like saying that Joey Barton should play for England.

They are both scum and should be routinely told of this fact until they understand it.

Didn't Terry's mum get nailed by Stevie G's uncle and cousin (uncle's son)? Is there a factory that produces scum?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Terry lacks class.

I don't care how good, or how much he has been a loyal servant of the club. The guy lacks class and there is no defending that. Trying to claim that you can overlook his behaviour due to his footballing prowess is like saying that Joey Barton should play for England.

No its not, because Barton lacks footballing prowess. Rooney has no class, should he not play for England? Giggs has no class, should he not... etc etc.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited May 2013
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Terry lacks class.

No its not, because Barton lacks footballing prowess. Rooney has no class, should he not play for England? Giggs has no class, should he not... etc etc.
    That was a poor example.

While Terry may be a decent defender he has no class and there is no defending that. Just because he is a decent defender for Chelsea doesn't excuse his behaviour, it doesn't make any of his actions tollerable or, in the Anton case, forgiveable.

Rio, Bridge, Anton - any of them, had they punched him square in the face it would have been a justifiable assualt.

A humble decent human being would have kept the suit on and let the team that actually played be the centre point of the glory. Let the Captain on the Day have his moment. But hey, that's your team captain and appeasing his ego is what your team represent.

Plus his mum has been double teamed by a Father/Son combo and there is no defending or getting away from that.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    I'm sure Terry is glad Chelsea won.

He would have looked a right tw*t lifting the trophy with Benefica
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Paulie W wrote:
    UEFA regulations insist that any player who wishes to lift the trophy must be wearing kit... so pointless to have a dig at him. He played in earlier rounds so deserved his medal, and IMHO the Club Captain should lift the trophy.

It seems much more appropriate to me that the captain on the day lift the trophy. The problem with Terry is that, leaving aside the long stream of bad behaviour off (and on) the pitch, he has no humility at all and absolutely no self-awareness.

Team win trophy. Team should have whoever the feck they like lift it. Terry has been a huge part of Chelsea's success over the past decade. Absolutely no reason for him not to be involved in collecting the trophy.

Anyone doesn't agree should win the trophy.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Paulie W wrote:

Team win trophy. Team should have whoever the feck they like lift it. Terry has been a huge part of Chelsea's success over the past decade. Absolutely no reason for him not to be involved in collecting the trophy.

Except he didn't fecking play! That's your reason right there!
  • DonDaddyD
    Paulie W wrote:

Does that mean any and all players whohave been a part of the Clubs success over the past decade ought to have a change to lift the trophy?
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Terry lacks class.

That was a poor example.

Bit like the rest of your argument. BTW you are aware that he was found 'not guilty' aren't you?
  • tailwindhome
    Paulie W wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Except he didn't ******* play! That's your reason right there!

So? Really. So?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Terry lacks class.

That was a poor example.

Bit like the rest of your argument. BTW you are aware that he was found 'not guilty' aren't you?
    Edit: Actually, that's beside the issue. Terry is scum and there is no defending him.

I think the guy lacks class and I would question how good a Captain any individual was should they conduct themselves in the manner he does and chooses to - going as far as to lift a trophy in a match he didn't play in simply because of his seniority.

Do you think Platini said "well done you played well today" when he handed Terry the trophy (again)?

Did Benitez thank him for all the hard work and effort he put in that day that won the team the trophy?

You were in sales, if you handed a sale to a mate and it turned out hughely successful and the manager makes an announcement to the team - give him a present - do you stand beside your mate in an effort to feed of the glory? Do you expect your mate to share the present with you? No, you let him have his day.

Terry is a classless glory hound who will prey on anyones achievements and claim it as his own - as long as it feeds his ego. Scum.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    Sigh. Are you really debating JT's ability to captain Chelsea? One of the few things people agree on re Terry is that he's a great captain. Also you seem to be missing the point that in order to win the Europa League a team has to win a number of games. Not all players play in all of them, but by your logic, if you didn't play in the final, you don't deserve to go up with the trophy. Nonsensical.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited May 2013
    Terry is a shite captain, great bully. His ability is buoyed by the quality and ability of the players around him. Who has ever said that he inspires them to go that extra yard, did he ever push or inspire Torres back into form, what young player has said Terry, as Captain, was/is their role model in the same way Denilson (yes Denilson) has said that of Gilberto Silva - for example.

Go up with the trophy sure. I'm sure that one guy who played that one game got to go up. Lift the trophy in a game you didn't play in to actually win the trophy.... show some class.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Probably the most impressive thing about JT is that his off-field behaviour seems to have zero effect on his performances or his captaincy - he is teflon.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Class? DDD, you're the one who brought his mother into the debate.

That isn't very classy either.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • DonDaddyD
    Ben6899 wrote:

Oh please.

His Mum gets double teamed, it goes public and somehow I can't mention it in a thread about the scumbag that is Terry?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Ben6899
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Oh please.

His Mum gets double teamed, it goes public and somehow I can't mention it in a thread about the scumbag that is Terry?

You're tarnishing your whole argument, fella.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • DonDaddyD
    Ben6899 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Oh please.

Bollocks, next you'll be saying that I should talk about Terry's actions when stating that he has no class because that's not classy. Whatever - his mum got doubled teamed, but what is essentially his work colleagues, the guy is scum born from scum.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Terry is a shite captain, great bully. His ability is buoyed by the quality and ability of the players around him. Who has ever said that he inspires them to go that extra yard, did he ever push or inspire Torres back into form, what young player has said Terry, as Captain, was/is their role model in the same way Denilson (yes Denilson) has said that of Gilberto Silva - for example.

Go up with the trophy sure. I'm sure that one guy who played that one game got to go up. Lift the trophy in a game you didn't play in to actually win the trophy.... show some class.

10 seconds on Google leads to numerous quotes on his ability as a captain, from the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Phil Jones, Ray Wilkins (who coached at Chelsea under Ancelotti.) Trophies won would suggest you are talking rubbish. The likes of Capello making him captain would suggest you are talking rubbish. The likes of Mourhino, Ancelotti, Hiddink, keeping him as captain would suggest you are talking rubbish.

Redknapp lifted the FA Cup back in 2001. He didn't play but he was captain...

Yawn.
  • Ben6899
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Oh please.

****, next you'll be saying that I should talk about Terry's actions when stating that he has no class because that's not classy. Whatever - his mum got doubled teamed, but what is essentially his work colleagues, the guy is scum born from scum.

You just don't get it.
    Ben

• il_principe
    Talking about someone's Mum getting 'double teamed' = Classy.

:roll:
  • tailwindhome
    Beckham retires today.

Now *that* is a class act.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Beckham retires today.

Except when he fecked that other bird! :D

JT as a player, I dont think there is any argument, nor as a captain, nor winning mentality.

As a man (off the pitch), from what you hear he is scum.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • tailwindhome
    rubertoe wrote:
    Beckham retires today.

Except when he fecked that other bird! :D

Sure who of us are perfect?

JT as a player, I dont think there is any argument.

Er....Depends on what you are arguing. He is a defender of very limited ability and has been shown up as such since Carvalho left Chelsea. The English frequently confuse commitment and ability.

As far as him being scum, I don't think he sticks out more scummy than the rest of the premiership. In fact I'm not sure that he's the worst out of a list of recent England captains....