Wobble

2»

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Im going to try a touch up before i take it on... Any tips?...need some white paint

Tippex?
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 560
    Tippex?...seriously?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Im going to try a touch up before i take it on... Any tips?...need some white paint

Mate, if your frame might be cracked you need to get it checked out, not just cover up the fault! If you want to be thorough you'll have to strip the paint off in that area.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • mcowan77
    Im not touching up the crack
  • bazzer2
    bazzer2 Posts: 189
    Brilliant! I don't think that butchery has contributed to the actual problem that's causing the flexiness of the frame, but I'd say that is a very much written off frame now...

Don't ride it, go see the place you bought it from for advice whether or not they might like to do a warranty.

IMHO they'll tell you to go away. I would :)
  • desweller
    If you're hoping to disguise the damage around the brake bridge then you're either incredibly skilled with filler and spray paint or incredibly optimistic.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    Don't most companies offer lifetime warranty for frames? I recently bought my daughter a bike and even that steel thing came with a 15 year warranty as long as its rust free.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    How the hell did you manage to do that to the frame? That's bike abuse - I could report you for it...

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Tippex?...seriously?

Was a kind of joke......correct a mistake.....geddit?
  • mcowan77
    Update-new frame.... Great service by lbs

null.jpg
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    mcowan77 wrote:
    Im not touching up the crack

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - the double entendre you made there made me laugh :wink::wink:
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    So they replaced it under warranty then? Doesn't appear that setup is one of their strong points judging by that slope of that saddle though.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • desweller
    I'm impressed. Nice one - you must be pretty happy with that result! Did they swap the parts over for you gratis?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    That's lucky.

For the record, Giant do offer the original owner a lifetime warranty on frames:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/backoffic ... Policy.pdf
  • mcowan77
    Well chuffed... New frame and its the 2013 model....new bottom bracket as the old one is not compatible and new cables and outers...no charge
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    Nice one - looks great - but maybe riding with that saddle set up threw your weight so far forwards it put undue strain on that weld so maybe best try to change it for this frame :lol: