Program on channel 4 last night SKINT

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Seriously wtf.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    What have you got against the poor anyway!?!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • playing devils advocate.

BUT... if ur struggling on benefits, dont have 12 kids and keep popping them out. and that kid who was threatening his mum, wtf. if i had ever sworn at my mum i would have been eating using a straw.
  • seanoconn
    playing devils advocate.

BUT... if ur struggling on benefits, dont have 12 kids and keep popping them out. and that kid who was threatening his mum, wtf. if i had ever sworn at my mum i would have been eating using a straw.
    :wink:
    Yeah, seriously messed up. Don't know what you can do with a kid that out of control. The mum probably had a part to play in his behaviour.

I don't think I'm being too extreme here but what we need to do is employ 100 or so sensible judges and streamline/euthanize roughly a third of UK's population ( with a right to appeal. The appeal to last no longer than a day) based on these factors...

1) Looks. ( You can tell if a persons net contribution to the planet is zero just by looking at them)
    2) unemployment ( if a person has been useless too long and are almost a factor 1, see above, kill them)
    3) criminal record ( pretty obvious if someone is worth keeping)
    4) Immigrants ( just keep the useful ones and give the others the option of going back home. Keeps the PC crowd happy)
    5) Sex ( we need lots more women than men)
    6) Height ( kill any man under 5 foot 7) small men are weird.

I would like to put myself forward as one of the sensible judges.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I think everyone should be given a score annually, which is based on their contribution to society. If you score 100, you're even stevens. Those under 100 are not contributing, the state is supporting them. Over 100 and you're a net contributor to society.

Benefits, access to the NHS etc is based on your score - so a high score person who suddenly finds themselves out of a job for no reason of their own is adequately supported by the state. Those who have never worked, have 10 kids and abuse the system (scoring about 5) get just enough that they don't starve. Or may be less.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • seanoconn
    drlodge wrote:
    I think everyone should be given a score annually, which is based on their contribution to society. If you score 100, you're even stevens. Those under 100 are not contributing, the state is supporting them. Over 100 and you're a net contributor to society.

Benefits, access to the NHS etc is based on your score - so a high score person who suddenly finds themselves out of a job for no reason of their own is adequately supported by the state. Those who have never worked, have 10 kids and abuse the system (scoring about 5) get just enough that they don't starve. Or may be less.
    Or maybe kill em? :D
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    playing devils advocate.

thats half the problem with poverty, the hard life and domestic violence leads in a downward spiral

Both I and my brother came from a poor background, and got knocked up by mum and an alcoholic stepfather, looking back it would have been for nothing...

we both absolutely refuse to chastise children that way because you need to be a human about it not an animal....... the kid has learnt that behavior from either dad figure or a punter, she is paying for stuff somehow....

but if you're not that strong then you are stuck and will commit the same (we are both very middle class and self made, because I was never going to stay in that hole of an estate)

the mother is dead (well i'm not crying over that), and I am almost itching to bump into wino himself, as I am now the physically superior alpha male I will scare the sh!t out of him..... I certainly won't give any reason for a complaint of assault, but I will push the boundaries of controlled decency that day

its hard to watch some of this, but remember jeremy kyle is a cartoon, most of these people don't really exist, its to keep you watching till the next ad break

and Drlodge - this scoring system I take it you would automatically score 100+ with YOUR measure, quite frankly most people unless they are are service provider within health or emergency services should automatically be pegged at 100 or less.... (providers are nurses and so on not mangers) as your system would mean that the rich could breed like rabbits.... which they don't, hence they are rich.......
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I think to a certain degree people make themself poorer.
    Whilst I realise that there are many poor and dissed anted out there I also see so many signs of stupidity and non-understanding.
    Whenever I go to supermarkets I see people at these machines that you throw in all of your change and it counts it and gives you a voucher to change to notes. There is of course a 17% charge for this service !!! WTF !

People broke yet smoking !
    People broke getting taxis !
    People broke down the pub !

I realise everyone needs downtime and an amount of pleasure but you need to prioritise. I came from a council estate, mom and dad had nothing, no car, no holidays. I had clean clothes and always had a football and a bike, I was sorted !
    I didnt get pocket money so went out cleaning cars and mowing lawns. Had a paper round and caddied at the local golf club.
    As a kid, same as in adult life I've never known an inability to find work, it's always been a case of wether or not unlike that work but even when doing the worst job ever (milk round for me as I hated the 3am start) I just thought about the money.
    The problem head days is that the option to not work is slightly easier (IMO) than it should be.

When my kids eat I am happy knowing that I've paid, wether its steak or beans on toast makes no difference. The only thing that counts to me is who paid !
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    For reasons I will not bore you with, I finished work last June. I had never been unemployed before so I ventured into the local Job Centre. I had expected it to be crowded and a hive of activity, but on entering, I found it quite quiet. The staff explained that the job seekers were on an appointment basis and were only allowed in 10 mins before their allotted slot. I did notice a surprising number of security staff that I was a bit taken aback by.
    The second time I visited, there were more people there and the set up seemed to have changed. All vacancies were listed on the internet, access to which was made available on site, but could equally be accessed from home. Telephones were available for job seekers to contact prospective employers on site.
    Watching and listening to the people there was depressing. It was apparent that there is an unemployable underclass in this country, who have no chance of becoming employed. Watching and listening to them, I certainly wouldn't employ them.
    I spoke to one of the staff who informed me that Tesco was opening a new store and had agreed to employ as many long term unemployed as possible. She informed me that she had hope for some of her clients, but for the majority there was little hope.
    How depressing is that?
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    ballysmate +1

I have been into the job centre in leith in the past, the fact you have all the teeth in your head and can speak correctly means you're treated like royalty

This show only underlines how successive administrations of this country, and yes YOU and your parents, voted for them, have done nothing since the war....... (maybe not voting on traditional lines might help..)

The fact that in 3 years time the UK could be split and UK south is out of the EU and the country is full of this type of lifestyle is a troubling future... new zealand anyone?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    seanoconn wrote:
    I don't think I'm being too extreme here but what we need to do is employ 100 or so sensible judges and streamline/euthanize roughly a third of UK's population ( with a right to appeal. The appeal to last no longer than a day) based on these factors...

1) Looks. ( You can tell if a persons net contribution to the planet is zero just by looking at them)
    2) unemployment ( if a person has been useless too long and are almost a factor 1, see above, kill them)
    4) Immigrants ( just keep the useful ones and give the others the option of going back home. Keeps the PC crowd happy)

We all reserve the right to judge you now. Justify your continuing right to exist, please.
    If your application fails, how would you like to be dispatched?
  • GiantMike
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Watching and listening to the people there was depressing. It was apparent that there is an unemployable underclass in this country, who have no chance of becoming employed. Watching and listening to them, I certainly wouldn't employ them.

What was wrong with them?
  • GiantMike
    estampida wrote:
    This show only underlines how successive administrations of this country, and yes YOU and your parents, voted for them, have done nothing since the war....... (maybe not voting on traditional lines might help..)

Very few people in the UK get no opportunities. If people fail to take their opportunities I can't be held responsible for that. When I was at (a good) school there were lads that got into drugs, didn't want to learn, just wanted a car and a girlfriend and some cash. They're p!sspoor now. They had the same hand I did but played it somewhat badly.
  • GiantMike wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

What was wrong with them?

they smelt of sour milk
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If I was to put my very extremist rightwing/leftwing hat on, a very over simplistic cure on viewing of that programme is.

There is a generation of people there that are totally and utterly hopeless cases and will never be any good for owt, good lord they don't even go to school (and when they do it's only to get a tick) so what chance they. Time to call time and in order to stop the rot a mass cull is required, build the death camps now.

Putting my sensible head on I must say I'm totally flummoxed at what the answer is given the restraints polititians have on them. I think there has to be a bit more stick and a little less carrot, regardless of it's causes (we not go down that one) we have to get it sorted out before it gets totally out of control, if it isn't already. :?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • seanoconn
    GiantMike wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

We all reserve the right to judge you now. Justify your continuing right to exist, please.
    If your application fails, how would you like to be dispatched?
    I hugged an old lady that was crying yesterday. I think she was crying before I hugged her.

Suffocation by a naked Kelly Brook please. :D

Are you called GiantMike because of your choice of ride? Or because you're a short @rse being clever? :lol:
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Seriously wtf.

I liked the bit where the fat waste of space with the tache was muttering " theres nowt t do but breed and feed" whilst at the same time his pregnant wife was puffing on a fag whilst simulataneously jumping up and down on a fecking trampoline......

classic stuff.
  • MickTup
    MickTup Posts: 159
    Sterilize people at birth until you can prove you a responsible adult you can’t breed.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    This may be a daft/communist idea, but since so many people are always going on about the cost of unemployment benefit, has anyone ever examined the cost of actually giving the unemployed people jobs? Minimum wage plus VAT for something useful?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    The problem with today's society is that people are not held accountable for their actions or inaction.

So you decide you don't want to work and have loads of kids, feeding off the state. How are these people held accountable for having children they can't afford to support?

Having children is not a right. Its a privilege.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • MickTup
    MickTup Posts: 159
    + 1 Having children is not a right. Its a privilege.
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    This may be a daft/communist idea, but since so many people are always going on about the cost of unemployment benefit, has anyone ever examined the cost of actually giving the unemployed people jobs? Minimum wage plus VAT for something useful?

its called working in the public sector.... (this is a joke)

or is it?!
  • bad_moose
    bad_moose Posts: 49
    I watched it and it wound me up so much.

That disgusting little brat who was swearing at his mum and looked like he was about to hit her was just beyond belief. I wouldn't dream of ever behaving like that. How can you be so utterly vile to someone who spent the last 15 years looking after you? Granted, his appalling behaviour was influenced to a degree by her parenting but it's still not acceptable. There are kids in the world who don't even have access to drinking water and who're lucky to get fed once a week, and yet we have kids in this country who think it's okay to behave like that just because they don't like their life very much. Just take the little gobshite and put him to sleep. He won't amount to anything, he's going to turn out just like all the other scrounging parasites that live all around him.

I hate the way the producers have tried to put a 'nice' spin on the whole thing by telling us that these people have a really hard life but they still keep smiling and get themselves by. NO. They're smiling and happy because they're making a mockery of the welfare system and just living for free. They're quite happy to spend their days smoking themselves to death and spraying out kids who they can't afford to support all over the place, all at the expense of decent, hard-working people who actually made a vague effort to get somewhere.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    What is the motivation behind such programmes?

I'm sure various arguments could be made, is it just to give folks on internet forums, social networking sites and folk who frquent pubs and cafes something to discuss/argue about. Because to me, other than public debate such tv serves no real purpose at all other than fill an hour of screen time up.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Made me glad to have left the uk to be honest. That "thing" laying in bed shouting at his mum to %uck off and chucking things down the stairs, i would have gone up there kicked hell out of him and thrown him on the street. Treat people how you wish to be treated. Scum
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto wrote:

or is it?!

Well, it wouldn't work for everyone, but in the good ol' U of SSR they used to have people picking up litter or something if they had nothing better to do, so they could claim "full employment". There's also various countries where claiming unemployment benefit means signing up to various work scheme, with penalties for not turning up. It helps people get into the routine of working again
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • GiantMike
    bad_moose wrote:
    They're quite happy to spend their days smoking themselves to death and spraying out kids who they can't afford to support all over the place, all at the expense of decent, hard-working people who actually made a vague effort to get somewhere.

Oi! I'm neither decent nor hard-working. I resent your stereotyping.
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:

or is it?!

Well, it wouldn't work for everyone, but in the good ol' U of SSR they used to have people picking up litter or something if they had nothing better to do, so they could claim "full employment". There's also various countries where claiming unemployment benefit means signing up to various work scheme, with penalties for not turning up. It helps people get into the routine of working again

forced labour?

also prisoners should be doing chain gangs, breaking stones or picking up litter.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    seanoconn wrote:
    playing devils advocate.

:wink:
    Yeah, seriously messed up. Don't know what you can do with a kid that out of control. The mum probably had a part to play in his behaviour.

Just one step away from the Nazi party, are we? ;-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:

or is it?!

forced labour?

also prisoners should be doing chain gangs, breaking stones or picking up litter.

I'm not advocating forced labour for the unemployed. Also I should have said "there are various countries . . ."
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • GiantMike
    Giraffoto wrote:
    I'm not advocating forced labour for the unemployed.

I would. My windows need a clean and there's quite a bit of litter around Preston Marina. And don't get me started on the state of the roads.....