"I descended like a girl" B Wiggins . . . . discuss!

Daithi
Daithi Posts: 184
edited May 2013 in Pro race
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10053670/Giro-dItalia-2013-Bradley-Wiggins-disappointed-with-Giro-form-admitting-I-descended-like-a-bit-of-a-girl.html

Anybody else wince (ok, chuckle!) when they read this, I know plenty of "girls" that can descend better than me & I reckon Bradley does too!
Daithi, Cardiff

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Daithi wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10053670/Giro-dItalia-2013-Bradley-Wiggins-disappointed-with-Giro-form-admitting-I-descended-like-a-bit-of-a-girl.html

Anybody else wince when I read this, I know plenty of "girls" that can descend better than me & I reckon Bradley does too!

Ermm....like his 5 year old daughter to whom it seems he was actually referring? If she can descend better than you, he's got a Vos on this hands.
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Bradley says some silly things sometimes , I'm sure you must have noticed
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    oh FFS stop trying to be ultra PC about stuff like this, its a saying, throw like a girl, hit like a girl etc.
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • Chebrikov
    Chebrikov Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Wiggin's ability to descend decreases in direct relation to the increase in the balance of his bank accounts and the departure of ex dopers.

I find it ironic that Sky's pursuit of marginal gains, and Wiggins' severe weight loss and adherence to a scientific numbers approach to preparation and training, should result in his losing more time descending than he gains in time trials.

Sky set much store by their Dr Peters, who's job is to ensure the psychological strength of the riders, but it would seem he has failed to make sure Wiggins knows where to find his bottle. Wiggins bottle may well be full of Gatorade but his loss of bottle has cost him far more time than Prof Asker Jeukendrup's bottle contents have saved him.

Perhaps the loss of team mates and coaches who in the past doped, and a certain Doctor Leinders, have contributed to Sir Brad's lack of confidence.

Sir Brad is a London boy. He knows all about bottle. But is he hungry enough?
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Did you write that all by yourself ?
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Richmond Racer
    All this faux-outrage is ridiculous
  • Richmond Racer
    I hope they havent been preparing him for time trails - if he's been MTB'ing, that will have been no help whatsoever
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Richmond Racer
    Squaggles wrote:

And signed up specially to post that. Heart-warming to see such commitment
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    agreed, next time a particularly unattractive lady is referred to as looking like a bloke i must remember to be deeply upset by them insinuating that all men are unattractive :roll:
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Faux Sports News: Girlie-gate, Dowsett-gate, Cheerleader-gate, Stool-pigeon-gate, train-gate ...

Cycling fans seem a remarkably thin-skinned bunch for followers of such a gladitorial sport. Pretty pathetic.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    b45her wrote:
    oh FFS stop trying to be ultra PC about stuff like this, its a saying, throw like a girl, hit like a girl etc.

+1. This has already been done on another thread. Take the trolling elsewhere.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    So now dopers descend better too than non dopers? BS post.
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    what a croc

the big debate is whether disk brakes would help......

more brakes so you have better control or bad brakes watch me fly......
  • mikeeye
    mikeeye Posts: 162
    "Not to disrespect girls, I have one at home" Bradley Wiggins.

Or was it Jimmy Savile? :lol:
    If you still don't know what recursion is, read this sentence.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    clanton wrote:
    So now dopers descend better too than non dopers? BS post.

Yep, pump them full of speed and all fear of the consequences would go out of the window :lol:
  • At least he said descended, as opposed to "went down"...
    Mangeur
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    My theory, is that the phrase 'like a girl' is a contraction of 'like a little girl' which I don't think anyone could find offensive.

Also, if I were a woman, I'd probably take offence at being called a girl if I was the offence taking kind. I don't relly like being referred to as a boy now I'm in my thirties.

Not defending what Wiggins said was right, but just something that crossed my mind. Feel free to tear my logic apart.

peace and love.
    p.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Richmond Racer
    prawny wrote:
    My theory, is that the phrase 'like a girl' is a contraction of 'like a little girl' which I don't think anyone could find offensive.

Also, if I were a woman, I'd probably take offence at being called a girl if I was the offence taking kind. I don't relly like being referred to as a boy now I'm in my thirties.

Not defending what Wiggins said was right, but just something that crossed my mind. Feel free to tear my logic apart.

peace and love.
    p.

'Tis true. I cant stand being called a girl
  • prawny
    See I know the Womens

44oo.gif
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    Sorry missed the winky face ;)
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Chebrikov
    Chebrikov Posts: 29
    Did not spot the threads were amalgamated.
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    He descended like a milk float.
  • Richmond Racer
    prawny wrote:
    See I know the Womens

44oo.gif

Oooh, lovely, ta 8)
  • The guy speaks like a tool and behaves like a tool. On watch when BC were in receipt of loads of dosh and the pack were running scared.

He has one big advantage - he is far more likeable than Cav.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,037
    I used to descend like a Schleck, now I probably descend like a Wiggo :oops:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549

Not only do I descend like Wiggo, I climb like Cav.

Actually, I'd be happy if that were true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,037

Not only do I descend like Wiggo, I climb like Cav.

Actually, I'd be happy if that were true.

:lol: me too
  • Daithi
    Daithi Posts: 184
    Squaggles wrote:

No, my life-partner helped me! :wink:
    Daithi, Cardiff