Garmin 500 Virtual Partner

R8JimBob88
R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
Evening folks,

Quick question about the Garmin virtual partner.

I have a route that I recorded on my Garmin 500 that has been uploaded to Garmin Connect, I now want to send it back to my device so I can race myself along the entire route. My question is, what wold happen if for any reason I had to deviate from the original route, say there was some kind of diversion, but I eventually ended up on the same course again.

(No I'm not looking to cheat with a short cut!)

Cheers

James
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    It would beep at you that you were off course, and beep again when you were on course - your virtual partner doesnt go a-detour with you - he rides the course proper - he's a git - I know, I tried cheating him :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • R8JimBob88
    R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
    Thanks. So would it not say I was off course until I rejoined at the point that I lost the course? Lets say the diversion put me back on course much further along than if I had stuck to the proper course instead, would that then put me ahead of the VP? If that makes sense.... What would happen to the time/distance between the VP?
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    R8JimBob88 wrote:
    Thanks. So would it not say I was off course until I rejoined at the point that I lost the course? Lets say the diversion put me back on course much further along than if I had stuck to the proper course instead, would that then put me ahead of the VP? If that makes sense.... What would happen to the time/distance between the VP?
    AFAIK you don't have to rejoin the course at exactly where you left it.... Not sure what would happen to the VP though
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.