Wind is brutal!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    hatch87 wrote:
    What a disappointment, the forecast was wrong, it ended up being light rain with the occasional gust of wind, only lost 1mph on my normal average. Felt like lieutenant Dan at times though, but with all my limbs still attached

I got heavy rain and medium winds, still went out though!! I was about 2mph off my average, as not ridden much in the rain and didn't know what the slicks would be like lol
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    Yeah I definitely cornered a lot slower. Theres one roundabout that dips in the middle and then on the exit the pavement sticks out more than normal. Its great fun in the dry trying to avoid the curb, but didn't enjoy it so much last night
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Very true - 15-17mph crosswinds last night on the club 10 TT - exposed dual carriageways and crosswinds are not exactly fun.. - sub 9 mph is decent though, 3 - 5 mph heaven :)
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    KevChallis wrote:
    It can be evil on many a ride I've been curing the wind god, anyone within earshot would be forgiven for thinking "the bloke on that bike's barmy". :lol:

This was definitely me today!! I quote.... "wind why don't you just f*ck off!!!"

Haha

:D To date, the wind is the only thing i've sworn at whilst out riding. Your quote being one i've used too! The wind does seem to have been worse this winter/spring than normal - not necessarily windier than normal, but in the sense that I seem to have had only one or two days when it HASN'T been windy so far this year. :( Just nice to get a break from it every once in a while....
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"