Juicys. Bleed? Replace?

2»

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    EXACTLY, at no point did you mention you used them, my comprehension is better than your expression innit!

I have no idea WTF you are talking about now but to be honest the joke is on you for defending the eternal disability that is Avid Juicy brakes.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No the Joke is on you, they aren't brillaint but they can be competant if treated properly....you keep changing your mind about wht you did to them, so much you could be in politics.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Popcorn anyone?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Nope i'm done here. Clearly the man misread what i said, jumped in first and made an ars* of himself and is now backtracking to make it look less bad.
  • CUBEical
    CUBEical Posts: 211
    [quote="The Beginner"

I have no idea WTF you are talking about now but to be honest the joke is on you for defending the eternal disability that is Avid Juicy brakes.[/quote]

i think they are ok and after getting a second hand pair and going threw the process of restoring them and bleeding them they do take allot of maintenance and care, which not done correctly could lead to problems. also the begginer is a good man, very helpful on this subject. going back to the subject of looking after brakes , i have just learnt something that its good to use grease on the pistons . behind the pads .... is this a good thing to do know considering i have got them all apart and now bleeding them tomorrow (thanks to beginner).... any advice on what grease to get as i have only got ball bearing grease and do not think that is right for the job as read red grease is good above will check back now actualy
    I am sorry if I talk to much s@#t it goes with the name.............
  • CUBEical
    CUBEical wrote:
    [quote="The Beginner"

I have no idea WTF you are talking about now but to be honest the joke is on you for defending the eternal disability that is Avid Juicy brakes.

[/quote]
    i do not know what happened to the above quote , :lol:
  • levolon
    levolon Posts: 78
    take it the brakes are fixed now then lol
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Perhaps anyone could point out where I defended them.........go on.........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • CUBEical
    That wasnt my quote...
  • steviecapt
    steviecapt Posts: 70
    glad to hear your getting your brakes fixed after all the above info, its also a good idea to buy a piston seal kit before you start stripping the callipers down as sometimes half way through the job you usually find that one of the seals is fubered + always good to have spares, the only thing i find wrong with avid brakes is exactly the problem you have just faced, they need constant maintenance especially the seals, they dont have much pad clearence has it is even less when you get a sticky piston, i find every 2 months a piston clean helps, by this i mean clean around the piston with a cotton bud and brake fluid, and then gently move the pistons in and out, seems to keep the brakes running smoother then cheers steve
  • Yacoby
    Yacoby Posts: 211
    I think some people seem to have got confused between myself and CUBEical. Anyway, I am just going to bleed them, see what happens. I am not sure I can be arsed with doing much more.
  • CUBEical
    Yacoby wrote:
    I think some people seem to have got confused between myself and CUBEical. Anyway, I am just going to bleed them, see what happens. I am not sure I can be arsed with doing much more.

that is what i was thinking lol.never mind i bled mine but the bleed kit was a piece of s@#t to be honest it was leting air threw left right and centre. so i got a full refund , i think i might just get the official kit after i have properly tested them see if they work well/(bike to built yet) and i also think i have got a leaky sill so going to get that fixed asap Good Luck with yours OP
  • CUBEical
    cyd190468 wrote:
    I have m596s on my other bike and they are better but not immensly so, more power but just as likely to squeal. Maybe the juicy problems are down to them not liking wet weather?

i have a juicy 3 that squeals turns out to be a leaky piston that is getting brake fluid on the pad , form my observation, i cleaned up the pads bled them and i will see if it returns once i have got my bike back together .....