UK Cycling Expert

2»

Comments

• It's definitely Sean Kelly.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It's definitely Sean Kelly.

Is there an express use of the terms "bonification" and "classment" in the tweets?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Seems like the right thread to post: 'nother Richard Moore retweet has drawn attention to another potentially fun parody account, which will be a challenge to get past the filters here, let's try @FcukingWiggins - assume you know which letters to move round.
    Profane and pretty funny on first perusal - worth a cheeky follow, innit?

Example from RM retweet:
    "Hope Cav enjoyed my lead out from 2.8km
    You're fcuking welcome"
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    @ukcyclingexpert: Usually at this point in the Giro the organisers invite the Italian police to the team hotels to meet the riders. It's a Giro tradition! :D
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    For me, he/she is tweeting far too often and what could could be funny is just clogging up my timeline. Less is more etc etc
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Talking of @FcukingWiggins - here is his latest offering :lol:

@FcukingWiggins: Today's stage. It has the profile of the sound wave a make when people ask me about Froome. *snore*

and the Bio: Don't fcuking start with me you anonymous cnuts.

:lol: Childish, but I love it.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    In my head, I like to believe that @FckuingWiggins is being posted by Froome, and the (less active, less funny) @FckukingFroome account is Wiggins, and neither of them realises is. I just love the idea of them both simultaneously sitting in their hotel rooms, tweeting and giggling to themselves, "Ha, if only he knew!"
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I reckon ukcyclingexpert is Inner Ring as I noticed in my timeline yesterday a lot of the cycling expert tweets were Partridge style versions of Inner Ring unless they are just taking inspiration from genuine cycling tweets.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    I reckon ukcyclingexpert is Inner Ring as I noticed in my timeline yesterday a lot of the cycling expert tweets were Partridge style versions of Inner Ring unless they are just taking inspiration from genuine cycling tweets.
    It's just inspiration. They also use the TeamSky tweets in a similar way (and no doubt others I don't follow)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Its Brit cycling journos for sure. My money's on a Moore-Friebe double act.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Ghosted by a good comedy writer with a very high hit-rate. Yesterday was outstanding. Given the short shelf-life, evanescence is better than rationing 'the good stuff', then disappear until the tour. I suspect they have a rich seam to mine when the Sky Train hits the high mountains.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 12m
    Could be worse. Spare a thought for the Aussies! Jack Bobridge is last on GC (Giro Contest), 1hr 24 behind already. Bodes well for Rio

LOL
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Thanks for that. Almost a "tea all over the keyboard" moment :D
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    RonB wrote:

Ron Burgundy would NEVER be drinking tea at 10:30 on a Friday night.
  • tailwindhome
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 1m

Apparently Sir Bradley is working on his fear of water today with his swimming teacher, Nick Kerrison, at the Team Sky hotel pool #giro
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    This one was great

UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert
    Cycling might not be as big in Belgium as it is in the UK, but surely everyone knows that Sir Bradley is the greatest cyclist of all time!

Some funny ones occasionally but tweets too freaking much.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I'm really looking forward to "the race to free the dolphins" :lol:
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Beatmaker wrote:
    RonB wrote:

Should've been a fine malt I know...what was I thinking :roll:
  • rob churchill
    rob churchill Posts: 272
    RonB wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:
    RonB wrote:

Should've been a fine malt I know...what was I thinking :roll:

Long Island Iced Tea?

Anyway, UK cycling expert is funny but much better was a couple of days ago when a BR forumite teased Paralympian @TTworldchampion about shaving his legs and wearing compression hosiery, and got the response:
    I don't shave my legs. Carbon, innit?
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • tailwindhome
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 9h
    Trivia! Sean Sutton rode the 1987 Tour de France for a team sponsored by the African National Congress and Halfords! An unlikely coalition!!

Rob Hardy ‏@RobHardyFR8 9h
    @ukcyclingexpert ANC was a parcel company or am I missing the joke!?

Austin B ‏@ajb1072 9h
    @ukcyclingexpert Winnie Mandela was the DS that year too

Iain Keys ‏@IainKeys 8h
    @ukcyclingexpert Sean Yates surely?

Hart's Cyclery ‏@harts_cyclery 8h
    @ukcyclingexpert unless there is some joke then it was the old parcel company!
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Some people are taking it seriously
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Allez Mark wrote:
    Trivia! Sean Sutton rode the 1987 Tour de France for a team sponsored by the African National Congress and Halfords! An unlikely coalition!!

Austin B ‏@ajb1072 9h

Iain Keys ‏@IainKeys 8h

I despair! That could be something to do with Millar recommending people follow ukcyclingexpert and possibly not realising it's satirical!
  • tailwindhome
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 1h
    Giro Jury rules Sir Bradley CANNOT take 2nd rest day today. Would they say no to Vincent Nibali? No rest days for him at Tour of Britain!!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Pross wrote:
    Allez Mark wrote:

Austin B ‏@ajb1072 9h

Iain Keys ‏@IainKeys 8h

I despair! That could be something to do with Millar recommending people follow ukcyclingexpert and possibly not realising it's satirical!

No, no.. That's just twitter for you..
  • tailwindhome
    UK Cycling Expert UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 19m
    Would be naive to think doping didn't use to exist, but it was surely eradicated with the arrival of Team Sky & the doping passport!

UK Cycling Expert UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 18m
    The cyclists now have to get their passport stamped by customs on the way to every race. This proves they're not doping!

UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 13m
    They also have to text their 'whereabouts' to an office in Switzerland. If they say they're near a chemist, that's immediately suspicious!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    I was thinking Ned Boulting. He's a footie journo, who's been getting to grips with cycling for a while now.

Also, Nibali will be aware there are NO OFFICIAL FEEDING STATIONS on the course. There are, though, two petrol stations and a newsagent.

I love this one!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    16mm wrote:
    I was thinking Ned Boulting. He's a footie journo, who's been getting to grips with cycling for a while now.Also, Nibali will be aware there are NO OFFICIAL FEEDING STATIONS on the course. There are, though, two petrol stations and a newsagent.

I love this one!

Who's this Ned Boulting you speak of? :lol: