secret pro column

2»

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    That's a red kipper.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    That's a red kipper.

:D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Cyclingtips already have a relationship with Koen de Kort - http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/ask-koen-de-kort-episode-three/ - not sure what that means for The Secret Pro though.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Not sure who the author is but the writing is pretty shambolic - one minute talking about not disclosing whether they are riding the Giro or not and then in the same breath stating that they have a training camp coming up and it's all about the Tour de France.

As for the info - much better than usual, few little digs at Cadel there too from a (possibly) fellow countryman
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    So who's the secret prostitute?
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Fair bit of money being laid on it being Cobo...

Oh no, he's in my fantasy Giro team.... :(
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    TommyB61 wrote:

Leaving aside the obvious question as to WHY you chose him...perhaps if he does get popped it'd be like Billy Hill with punters who'd bet on Godolphin horses, and you'd get a refund to invest elsewhere in a less shady rider...
    TommyB61 wrote:

• hammerite wrote:
    Who were one of two riders to get stuck the wrong side of a barrier? Shouldn't be too difficult to work out.
    Mentioned in the other thread, but I'm fairly certain that this was caught on camera, and the only race I've watched live this year has been Amstel Gold. Been Googling, but can't get any further...
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Read somewhere else it's possibly more than one rider and it's ghost written - we need Scooby on the case
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    iainf72 wrote:
    Menchov has long been rumoured.

Couldn't be him. He just decided to retire....you know, all of a sudden like.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:
    Menchov has long been rumoured.

Couldn't be him. He just decided to retire....you know, all of a sudden like.

Not surprising.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    ThomThom wrote:
    "Apparently it’s going to be a new UCI regulation that riders will not be allowed to go off the pavement or they’ll be disqualified"

About time.

Glancing quickly at the article I note he wrote 'sidewalk' instead of pavement - could be a yankee.

No it is not an American writing. Maybe an Aussie or someone from the British Isles but not an English speaking Euro.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    davidof wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    "Apparently it’s going to be a new UCI regulation that riders will not be allowed to go off the pavement or they’ll be disqualified"

About time.

Glancing quickly at the article I note he wrote 'sidewalk' instead of pavement - could be a yankee.

No it is not an American writing. Maybe an Aussie or someone from the British Isles but not an English speaking Euro.

No Brit would use the word sidewalk unless it was a deliberate 'bum steer'.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    That's not what it's supposed to be though, they do clearly state it's ghost written though so the pro is harder to guess by not having usual phrases (whether they deliberately americanise things to I don't know)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    So was it Di Luca or Menchov or ?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

DDL isn't passport, he's just a plain vanilla EPO bust
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    iainf72 wrote:

Just wondering if DDL had been through an OOC test or two already since he was looking to re-sign somewhere, had done a couple, passed, and thought, "Righto, I'm unlikely to draw another test now for a while" and hit the sauce in prep for racing again. The Passport team may well have fingered him for a re-test based on changing profile, and got lucky.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    iainf72 wrote:

Cant imagine anyone knew Di Luca was getting popped, least of all Di Luca himself. "Hey, I'm about to be done, what should I do? I know, I'll stay in the race and make a load of high profile attacks". While meanwhile, back in the peleton "Hey, there goes Di Luca again, isn't it great he's attempting a last solo break before his life ban arrives".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    iainf72 wrote:

Cant imagine anyone knew Di Luca was getting popped, least of all Di Luca himself. "Hey, I'm about to be done, what should I do? I know, I'll stay in the race and make a load of high profile attacks". While meanwhile, back in the peloton "Hey, there goes Di Luca again, isn't it great he's attempting a last solo break before his life ban arrives".

Imagine, just for a mo, that the prizes aren't the points, and the peloton auto-neutralises when a 'known' doper breaks off the front: riding one-handed while gesticulating in the mother tongue with the other for emphasis.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.