edited May 2013 in Pro race
It's a good one today

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/the-secret-pro-2/

guess on the GT winner to be busted?

how about menchov

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Loath as I am to engage in scurrilous speculation....

Basso

There. I've said it.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Basso

There. I've said it.

I was thinking Menchov, but if he's been doping in the last couple of years then he should ask for a refund.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • inkyfingers
    Also, the cynic in me can't help thinking that this is going to give cycling tips a huge amount of extra traffic today.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer

Basso

There. I've said it.

I was thinking Menchov, but if he's been doping in the last couple of years then he should ask for a refund.

Menchov? Hey, dont forget a stage win in last year's Vuelta :wink:
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Looks like someone was told to sex it up for this issue. Lots of stuff going on in there.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Andy Schleck? Contador? Does the passport profiling pick up on declining values (i.e. benchmark is set when rider is doping, rider stops doping and blood parameters fall)?
  • Richmond Racer
    Also, the cynic in me can't help thinking that this is going to give cycling tips a huge amount of extra traffic today.

True. But I think that unlike say, the Domestique blog on Cycling Central which is very clearly a pI$$take by Mick Rogers to all but the very stupid, Cyclingtips site has some credibility. Wade Wallace has a fairly solid and credible name in Aus, with the links with Scott McGrory and Matt Keenan, and I'd be surprised in he put up some Cyclismas-style 'ooh, huge name's about to be done' just for traffic.

Just my view anyway. Could be utter pony.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Menchov has long been rumoured.

Ferrari customer, links to HumanPlasma, Rabo and their magic doctor
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    So, this guy likes a drink, Pat McQuaid and did Tour of Turkey (On Sayar: He certainly turned a few heads on stage 6 of the race when he danced away from the rest of us like we were a bunch of juniors)

Which irish riders did the ToT?...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    "Apparently it’s going to be a new UCI regulation that riders will not be allowed to go off the pavement or they’ll be disqualified"

About time.
  • Richmond Racer
    Fair bit of money being laid on it being Cobo...
  • Richmond Racer
    edited May 2013
    ThomThom wrote:
    So, this guy likes a drink, Pat McQuaid and did Tour of Turkey (On Sayar: He certainly turned a few heads on stage 6 of the race when he danced away from the rest of us like we were a bunch of juniors)

Uh-uh. Generally reckoned to be an Aussie rider - clues in previous articles. My money's on Cantwell - who did ride Turkey...and of course for Saxi-Tinki who were a bit vocal about their thoughts.
  • Turfle
    the praise for Keenan does suggest Aussie. Cam Meyer was there too, and in the group that got ridden away from.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 2013
    ThomThom wrote:

Uh-uh. Generally reckoned to be an Aussie rider. My money's on Cantwell - who did ride Turkey...and of course for Saxi-Tinki....
    Adam Hansen and Koen de Kort are names that get mentioned too. Both in Turkey. Most likely de Kort.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ThomThom wrote:
    "Apparently it’s going to be a new UCI regulation that riders will not be allowed to go off the pavement or they’ll be disqualified"

About time.

Glancing quickly at the article I note he wrote 'sidewalk' instead of pavement - could be a yankee.

Wonder why no one has ever started a thread on this. Never mind. At least we can post in here.

:wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    edited May 2013
    ThomThom wrote:

Uh-uh. Generally reckoned to be an Aussie rider - clues in previous articles. My money's on Cantwell - who did ride Turkey...and of course for Saxi-Tinki who were a bit vocal about their thoughts.

Good shout. Could be Rory Sutherland as well. This series is pretty new, isn't it. Has he mentioned stuff about previous years in the peloton - as both Cantwell and Sutherland are quite new to the WT business?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Anyone considered that it isn't actually a single pro, but a journo/blogger writing based on tips/stories from a few pros?
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Uh-uh. Generally reckoned to be an Aussie rider. My money's on Cantwell - who did ride Turkey...and of course for Saxi-Tinki....
    Adam Hansen and Koen de Kort are names that get mentioned too. Both in Turkey. Most likely de Kort.

Hmmm. On second thoughts given who Cantwell's team leader is, maybe he'd be pretty unlikely to mention a former GT winner being done...bit too close to home...
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    edited May 2013
    Dropping hints and using words like sidewalk are sure fire red herrings.

Very easy to distract by some white lies and language changes. And it could be a team or several people.

If it was me I would have laid several false trails. People seem to seize on clues like they are really clues!
  • Turfle
    The idea the Brian Smith and Magnus Backstedt are too opinionated is strange.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Scrumple wrote:
    Dropping hints and using words like sidewalk are sure fire red herrings.

Very easy to distract by some white lies and language changes. And it could be a team or several people.

If it was me I would have laid several false trails. People seem to seize pm clues like they are really clues!
    Yeah, the Secret Footballer (Dave Kitson) said that he dropped in some small falsehoods to set people in the wrong direction and that a couple of the stories happened to other players not him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Who were one of two riders to get stuck the wrong side of a barrier? Shouldn't be too difficult to work out.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    BJqmXthCUAEsfx1.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Is he wearing a cap?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • inkyfingers
    BJqmXthCUAEsfx1.jpg

:lol:
  • Richmond Racer
    Is that Tommy Cooper at the back? Not another perpetrator of dastardly deeds from the world of British light entertainment? Tell me it aint so...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    BriSmithy: The Secret Pro doesn't like me :-( "so opinionated".....yet states "he will be frank and up-front with his opinions and views" ;-)

Do NOT mess with Paisley boys. My money's still on Turkish delight Kittel's team-mate Koen de Kort:

"Pro cyclist for Argos-Shimano cycling team
    Liempde, Girona and Melbourne · http://www.koendekort.nl"
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    BriSmithy: The Secret Pro doesn't like me :-( "so opinionated".....yet states "he will be frank and up-front with his opinions and views" ;-)

Do NOT mess with Paisley boys. My money's still on Turkish delight Kittel's team-mate Koen de Kort:

"Pro cyclist for Argos-Shimano cycling team
    Liempde, Girona and Melbourne · http://www.koendekort.nl"

Just to assume it is Koen de Kort and he doesn't like opinionated people, then Koen de Kort is not very stereotypically Dutch.
    Correlation is not causation.