University of Lincoln Grand Prix - Sunday May 12th

ad_snow
ad_snow Posts: 469
edited May 2013 in Pro race
Announced today that Pete Kennaugh will be riding this race representing Team Isle of Man inbetween being with Team Sky for the Tour de Romandie and his next event scheduled which is the Bayern-Rundfahrt.

Kristian House will also be riding the race for Rapha Condor JTL along with a few other names such as Marcin Bialoblocki who was second last year in this race and Ian Wilkinson winner of the Rutland Cicle Classic, riding for Team UK Youth.

Highlights will also be shown on Eurosport Saturday 18th May.

Hoping that the good weather that we're having right now will stick around for next weekend - always a great day out in Lincoln. Hopefully no broken bones this year too!

More info can be found here http://www.lincolngrandprix.org.uk/site/index.php

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    mroli wrote:
    This was carnage last year wasn't it?

I remember JTL broke his collarbone...what was the carnage, again?
  • ad_snow
    The only carnage I remember was JTL - my friend has his crash on her phone, looked painful!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Lin ... z2SExZGSLU

I only remember because I think that John Herety was pretty pissed off at the level of care his riders got in hospital.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm not sure whether Little Pete will be in the Isle of Man team for that, news to me if he is.

there will be a small contingent of us from the Ellan Vannin club across to support our boys so look out for the flags. We're over on the Friday, some are doing a sportive on the saturday and we'll be cheering the lads on, on sunday. I think we'll get our @rses kicked though.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • resaRider
    resaRider Posts: 109
    Coming over to watch this and looking forward to it, anybody know the best places to watch?
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Steep cobbled hill on Michaelgate is the place to watch. With the laps, plenty of opportunity to see them coming up the hill. Move round nearer the finish on the last lap. Bit of squeeze but worth it.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Went a few years ago and at the top of the cobbled hill is quite good for watching/getting photos etc
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Richmond Racer
    I'm not sure whether Little Pete will be in the Isle of Man team for that, news to me if he is.

there will be a small contingent of us from the Ellan Vannin club across to support our boys so look out for the flags. We're over on the Friday, some are doing a sportive on the saturday and we'll be cheering the lads on, on sunday. I think we'll get our @rses kicked though.

Lil' Pete's riding in the IOM team - looking ahead to the Commies next year
  • Yellow Peril

Lil' Pete's riding in the IOM team - looking ahead to the Commies next year

Looks like he shown as riding, nice if he does. Andrew Roche, Tom Black and Chris Whorrall will definitely ride I'm not sure about Johnny Bellis. Manxman Christian Varley will also be riding in Lincoln for Node 4. He's in pretty good form at the moment having been riding in the states for a couple of years.

As for the commies I hope little Pete's schedule allows him to ride. His and brother Timmy's absence from the last games was blow although the likes of Graham Hatcher really rose to the occasion.

Looking forward to Sunday, I hope we have a "Ronde" like atmosphere on Michaelgate!
    @JaunePeril

• ad_snow
    I'm going to start at the start line, then head down into Burton Village for a few laps - it's mega quick there and likely to be good photo ops and maybe some crashes. Then I'll probably head to the finish line - Michaelgate was awesome last year - and try and get into the squeeze to watch the end :)
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Keep an eye out for me.. I'll be riding.

Probably somewhere right near the back/off the back/dead on my back/back in the car -

Should be a good day..... of suffering :evil: :evil: :evil:
    cartoon.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    Doobz wrote:
    Keep an eye out for me.. I'll be riding.

Probably somewhere right near the back/off the back/dead on my back/back in the car -

Should be a good day..... of suffering :evil: :evil: :evil:

What's your race number Doobz? I'll promise lame words of encouragement
    @JaunePeril

• Doobz
    Still no race numbers that I can find.

Just keep an eye out for riders in this kit. there are only two of us racing there..

Max.jpg
    max2.jpg

e2a: first pic is me.
    cartoon.jpg
  • ad_snow
    Awesome, will keep an eye out and try and get a picture of you!
  • Yellow Peril
    Incredible Kit Doobz, you look like the Vini Fantini boys!

Apparently Little Pete will be there for the IOM so we may have someone at the sharp end after all!
    @JaunePeril

• Richmond Racer
    Best of luck, doobz

I really hope the race gets a bit of vid coverage, maybe from the same team who produced the CiCLE Classic one
  • ad_snow
    There's coverage on Eurosport the following Saturday - not sure who will be filming it though but BCPremierCalendar put highlights on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BCpremierca ... ture=watch

Doobz I'm guessing you're Dillon Bryne rather than Stephen Smith?
  • Doobz
    ad_snow wrote:

Nah, the latter i'm afraid. I'm the old one :)

My season has not been too good this year compared to his. I got seriously ill about 5 days before the start of the season and pretty much lost my whole winter's hard work and training.

Really frustrating but life goes on. 8)

Official race number for Sunday will be 20 :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    Doobz wrote:
    ad_snow wrote:

Nah, the latter i'm afraid. I'm the old one :)

My season has not been too good this year compared to his. I got seriously ill about 5 days before the start of the season and pretty much lost my whole winter's hard work and training.

Really frustrating but life goes on. 8)

Official race number for Sunday will be 20 :)

That's no way to throw a season. I took my bike in to my LBS in January to get a re-spray and make over for the coming race season...it's still there so I haven't raced or TT'd at all. Having said that I haven't actually raised the issue with them either as my "how I would have kicked ass and pb'd left right and centre season" is going swimmingly as a result.

I'll be looking out for you Doobz, I'll get the Manxies to give you a big cheer!
    @JaunePeril

• Doobz
    Thanks Yellow Peril,

Not throwing the season. Just morale is low and frustrated with not being able to find any form. Maybe it will come a bit later in the season. Either way its no big deal, we are only human I guess. I know I am giving 100% but just lacking some strength.

Here's hoping!
    cartoon.jpg
  • ad_snow
    Great day out today! Rained right at the end for last 2 or 3 laps but looked like the riders and spectators had fun - I know I did! Pete Kennaugh led the break away after 7 or 8 laps and never looked like getting caught. Won by a decent margin too, enough to get his Isle of Man jersey straight and get his hands off the bars over the line.

Podium: 1st Peter Kennaugh. 2nd Marcin Bialoblocki, 3rd Lachlan Norris.

I even got to meet Pete right at the end before he got whisked away - brilliant! wlvy20.jpg
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    yellow peril any idea what the deal it with the IOM kit? Looks like the Rock racing kit....
  • Richmond Racer
    ad_snow wrote:
    Great day out today! Rained right at the end for last 2 or 3 laps but looked like the riders and spectators had fun - I know I did! Pete Kennaugh led the break away after 7 or 8 laps and never looked like getting caught. Won by a decent margin too, enough to get his Isle of Man jersey straight and get his hands off the bars over the line.

I even got to meet Pete right at the end before he got whisked away - brilliant! wlvy20.jpg

Nice. I followed the race on Twatter and it sounded like he was bossing it from a long way out. Prep for the British RR, I suspect - he may have drawn the lucky Sky chosen one ticket this year.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    ad_snow wrote:

Nice. I followed the race on Twatter and it sounded like he was bossing it from a long way out. Prep for the British RR, I suspect - he may have drawn the lucky Sky chosen one ticket this year.

I don't think sky have a 'chosen one' for the champs, i think they just race to whittle it down then let them race it out between them? with the likes of Cav, Fenn, Blythe, Dowsitt not at sky and all the Netapp Endura guys racing at a higher level i think/hope it will be open and maybe not end up in Sky?
  • Doobz
    That was an awesome day. Got black flagged on lap eight after getting blown out the back on lap 3. Chased like a beast only to be picked up by a huge group of riders.

Thanks for all the shouts of Dooooobz while going up the climb.. Loved it..
    cartoon.jpg
  • ad_snow
    edited May 2013
    Doobz is this you?? It's the only photo I got with either of you in your yellow kit..

n52qa.jpg

Edit: Zoomed in -
    8vygx5.jpg
  • Doobz
    Yes! Lap 3 trying to chase back on to lead group. Didn't even realize how many riders were behind..
    cartoon.jpg
  • ad_snow
    Doobz wrote:
    That was an awesome day. Got black flagged on lap eight after getting blown out the back on lap 3. Chased like a beast only to be picked up by a huge group of riders.

Thanks for all the shouts of Dooooobz while going up the climb.. Loved it..

Hate to tell you but it was lap 7! Link to the full results have just been put up here: http://thelincolnite.co.uk/wp-content/u ... RESULT.pdf