Biscuits - now with poll (updated)

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited May 2013 in Commuting chat
What is your favourite and why?

Me, I like the simplicty of a Dark Chocolate Digestive and can quite happliy munch half a pack without realising that I am doing it. Mrs Toe has to hide them from me.

McVities are better than Sainsbury's, however I'll happily eat either or.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Dark chocholate Hob Nobs, preferably kept in the fridge. Probably more addictive than crack, and I've just had 12 packets delivered to work.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    tetm wrote:
    Dark chocholate Hob Nobs, preferably kept in the fridge. Probably more addictive than crack, and I've just had 12 packets delivered to work.

This.

Dunked in hot coffee....

I sneer at those who think Milk chocolate hob nobs are anything but the work of Satan.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It's a tough decision between jammy dodgers and fruit shortcake. Could easily polish a packet of both off in a day if I don't stop myself.

I will however quite happily munch 2 or 3 at a time of any biscuit, especially the perennial favorites choccy digestives (including asda cheapest of the cheap ones), rich tea and ginger nuts.
  • Jaffa cakes

(/me waits)
  • popularname
    popularname Posts: 173
    ^^^^ what SteppenHerring said. I've heard it said that you can eat just one jaffa cake at a time, but that's not my experience...
    Sainsbury's used to do digestives with currants in them - insanely addictive.

Now I can't find them, so it's back to fig rolls and garibaldis.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Jaffa cakes

(/me waits)
    It's a trap!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dee4life2005
    dee4life2005 Posts: 773
    My fav biscuit has to be a Tunnocks Caramel Log.

For those that said Jaffa Cakes, are they really a biscuit ?
  • popularname
    :P Oh jeez, not the biscuit police....
    :P Oh jeez, not the biscuit police....

shouldn't that be "oh crumbs, not the biscuit police" ?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • popularname
    I am in the company of greater men here....
    Custard Creams are the mother f*ckers of biscuits.

They are just so good. Hobnob hard, they can be dunked into a boiling hot tea, and that creamy centre oh man. But best of all, someone actually went to the effort to but an actual pattern and design onto the biscuit so you know you're eat class.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Don't eat them which is a shame because I know they're nice they just do it for me, same with cakes and puddings.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mtbcommuter
    mtbcommuter Posts: 72
    DonDaddyD wrote:

They are just so good. Hobnob hard, they can be dunked into a boiling hot tea, and that creamy centre oh man. But best of all, someone actually went to the effort to but an actual pattern and design onto the biscuit so you know you're eat class.

My mate's chat up line was that he was a designer and he designed the pattern for the custard cream ! It worked so many times :wink:

My choice by the way, it has to be chocolate hob nobs, any other biscuit just doesn't do it.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    DonDaddyD wrote:

My mate's chat up line was that he was a designer and he designed the pattern for the custard cream ! It worked so many times :wink:

My choice by the way, it has to be chocolate hob nobs, any other biscuit just doesn't do it.

but which one? Choose Wisely....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I should if i can put down this packet of plain chocolate digestives add a poll.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • jamm13dodger
    jamm13dodger Posts: 106
    If I can have only one it would be the Jammie Dodger.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JonGinge wrote:
    Jaffa cakes

(/me waits)
    It's a trap!

*Happily blunders into it*

I can't open a pack of Jaffa Cakes without eating the lot. Food of the Gods, King of all Biscuits/Cakes/Whatever.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What kind of sick mofo posts a biscuit poll without 1) Stem Ginger, 2) the Fruit Shrewsbury and 3) the Garibaldi (aka squashed fly)?

This poll is the devils poll and I play no further part in it.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Have none of you folk experienced the wonder of the milk chocolate malted milk?
  • Santa cruzing
    Santa cruzing Posts: 157
    Have none of you folk experienced the wonder of the milk chocolate malted milk?

This man knows what's up!!

Milk chocolate malted milks are my kryptonite.....I have been known to eat a whole pack in one sitting but I can just about control myself to make them last 2 to 3 days if I'm being particularly good....
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Philistines, the lot of you! Open your mind and taste buds to the finest biscuits in the biscuits section at Waitrose known to man!
  • Ginger nuts

There's a future for you in the fire escape trade...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    * None of the above.

Unless you count "other". So...

Bourbon.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    King of biscuits:
    product_1760_large.jpg
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Biscuits and YouTube? Given that it's MasterChef final time, let's hear from Greg.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    HobNobs..."The SAS of the biscuit world"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeoAWfN5Q
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Homemade tollhouse cookies or homemade oatmeal cookies for me. If it's gotta be store-bought, then ginger nuts