What ecomonical little car I can fit a bike in the back....?

2»

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    ooo new job, anywhere exciting?
  • miss notax
    Yes :D:D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Congratulations on your new job, I look forward to the "What sort of nice house can I fit lots of blokes in?" thread :)
    I miss read that.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thewaylander
    Not got across the border into a decent country have you?
  • miss notax wrote:
    Thanks guys - lots of good suggestions!

The car plans have been temporarily put on hold as I have just accepted a fab new job (woohoo!) but now need to move house as a result! My car plans therefore range from buying something a few years old (I fancy a Skoda Yeti 8) ) to selling the Mini and getting something dirt-cheap if I need to throw every penny I have at a new house :|

The house is the priority so I guess i'll see how that pans out...!

Love the Yeti, they have internal bike racks!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I'm quite drawn to the Yeti myself these days (well, I am getting old, lol...) and the internal bike carrier is clever.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Congratulations on your new job, I look forward to the "What sort of nice house can I fit lots of bikes in?" thread :)
    Has to have 5 bedrooms, in a nice area, classy, family friendly and comfortable but also racy and trendy, large garden, access to bike trails and trendy city cafes within 5 minutes of the door, for not more than £60,000.

Of course you could always just get a decent size campervan, you can live in it and fit in as many bikes as you want.

[if you're still thinking of a car I would second the Kia Picanto suggestion, mine fits in a (road) bike without taking wheels off, cheap and will do over 60mpg if you're careful*]

*=old and slow
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    not really economical but my m8 can fit 3 mountain bike in the back of his land rover discovery and its a turbo diesel its not 2 slow either.
  • miss notax
    Thanks guys :D

It's all moved on a bit again... Have found myself a lovely little cottage to buy which means that my car purchase went from 'something nice' to 'something very cheap'!! I wanted something economical and good for carrying bikes, and have ended up with a 2004 BMW 3 series tourer :shock: Guess one of of two isn't bad??! :lol:

At least it can fit two bikes in easily, has 12 months MOT, and I can reconsider the car situation once i'm moved and can see how much cash I have left after renovations etc :D

Thanks guys!

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bmw

aint bad cars
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875
    bmw

aint bad cars

yep - massive talk :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    335d most powerful hand gun in the world... it will blow your head clean off :lol:
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    335d most powerful hand gun in the world... it will blow your head clean off :lol:

I believe the OP said "car", not "symptom of the male menopause"
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    economical little car
    land rover discovery..... turbo

:wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    bails87 wrote:
    economical little car
    land rover discovery..... turbo

:wink:

My gaffer would agree that his discovery is great on fuel........as its always broken down
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    not really economical but my m8 can fit 3 mountain bike in the back of his land rover discovery and its a turbo diesel its not 2 slow either.

:roll:

Sometimes, reading the thread title will save you from an awful lot of mocking.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    :D ^^^^^^
    Peter
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I used to drop off and pick up our old Ka from services and MOTs on my roadbike, used to fit in the back no problem. Think I had to drop both wheels out though. Next time I want something I can just chuck the bike in. Probably another Mondeo or similar. Or a van.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    Just got back from a 2 day wales trip. 3 bikes, blokes and kit in a golf TDI estate at 59 mpg. Cannot see why anyone would want anything else!
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    cyd190468 wrote:

Said it once, and I'll say it again
    Clank wrote:
    :roll:

Sometimes, reading the thread title will save you from an awful lot of mocking.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • m_cozzy wrote:
    Just got back from a 2 day wales trip. 3 bikes, blokes and kit in a golf TDI estate at 59 mpg. Cannot see why anyone would want anything else!

Really? Do you have a pulse, lol?... :wink:
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I seem to recall that Miss Notax has been driving around in her new economical little car in the back of which she can fit a bike for a couple of months now. If not, I'll suggest a custom-built supercharged Bentley shooting brake in the sure knowledge that it won't be the worst suggestion in this thread.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Dont buy a Merc S500. Its massive, thirsty and you cant get a bike in it. Very fast though.