Any tips for first 10 mile TT on wednesday?

2»

Comments

• thegodplato
    thegodplato Posts: 319
    First official event around L105 in 26:07 - so having a number on my back made me go over 1.5mins quicker!! ( see earlier reply ). Struggled a bit in the last 2 miles and got a stitch too which I believe is because I was at my threshold, so I've been told.
    2012 Bianchi Via Nirone Xenon

960 miles in 8 days starting 6th April 2013
    www.justgiving.com/teams/cyclemadness

cyclemadness.blogspot.co.uk
  • Them last few miles down them lanes are as bad as any in a time trial in the country!!!
  • motd2k
    motd2k Posts: 71
    It was a big headwind after St. Michaels, so I suspect you may have just paced slightly too high with the tailwind down the A6. All good practise and that's a good time on a road bike; I came 4th in that event.
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235
    well done Darren. I PB'ed on L105 that night with 24:31. How did you get on this week? I was nearly a minute slower :(
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    For anyone worrying about entering a TT with a road bike, I entered my first one yesterday. 10 miler in 24.14 on a standard road bike without clip ons.
  • Fatamorgana
    Fatamorgana Posts: 257
    I did my first and only 10 mile TT a year ago.
    Went like stink from the off and just kept it pinned.
    Horrible.
    Next TT in a few weeks time. Looking to shave 10% off.

I have also done some timing at the finish line. Riders coming across the line look close to the edge, absolutely shot.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    If you're nervous about getting passed in the future, either get friendly with the organisers or arrive 5 minutes prior to the start so you're last on the list, worked a treat for me ;)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2