Cissbury Ring today, idiot mountain biker

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    What was louder, the bang of the gate or your frantic screams?
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    EH_Rob wrote:
    so basically, a man on a bike rode into a gate and through a car park. am i missing something?

im going to stick my neck out and suggest that this is completely ridiculous.

:lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    cooldad wrote:
    He means La Pierre. But seems to have issues.

La Pierre means The Stone. The Peter is just stupid.

Trek Session 8
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I was working on my bike in the kitchen yesterday, and rode it back outside through the house and out of the back door. The wife wasn't happy.

Just through I should share that to get the views of the bored.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    He means La Pierre. But seems to have issues.

La Pierre means The Stone. The Peter is just stupid.
    Really? So you can even learn something from dopy threads.
    I thought it was what French people called Peter, if they spoke English, naturally.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    The guy didn't acknowledge anyone, there were 4 or 5 different groups of people, all of whom commented/shouted something. I was one of three twunts together on bikes, the others were all dog walkers or young families.

If he had just come through the car park at the speed he was going it would have maybe raised an eyebrow or two. He banged through the gate hard enough for it then bang back against the stops and slam shut.

We all have a responsibility to look after public places and not treat them like we own them.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    He banged open the gate with his front wheel and rode through at such speed that it bounced off the stops and shut behind him?

That's awesome skilz.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    My goodness, where do these people come from.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    To the OP.

You should have posted this on the Commuter thread, you'd have received 100% support over there. They are a little more "Daily Mail" in their outlook.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    sorry, but i still don't get it. its a gate for gods sake, not a priceless ming vase. is the gate broken? did anyone get hurt?

and what does acknowledging people have to do with looking after public places? what were these people shouting?

the way you're going on about it sounds as if he used his bike and the gate to murder a puppy and a child in the car park whilst screaming some sort of xenophobic propanganda, all whilst being naked and covered in his own excrement.
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I'm really pleased this thread brought us the whole The Peter thing. Although sadly I don't want one after all, already had one once and it was nice but it broke. Can't believe I didn't work it out for myself!
  • felix.london
    but the gate!!!..somebody please think about the gate!!! What is the world coming too when Bose wearing, Phil Colins listening, X5 driving, Lapierre riding knob heads are opening gates with front wheels!!??...the world has gone mad....MAD I TELLS YA!!

Trek Session 8
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    but the gate!!!..somebody please think about the gate!!! What is the world coming too when Bose wearing, Phil Colins listening, X5 driving, Lapierre riding knob heads are opening gates with front wheels!!??...the world has gone mad....MAD I TELLS YA!!

so who's Peter Collins and why is he listening to the stones on beats by dre headphones?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I heard he also had Dire Straits and Simply Red on his ipod. What an a**hole. I bet he's at home reading this now on his special BMW edition Ipad while listening to James Blunt. What a c***
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    :D
    Butterd2 wrote:
    To the OP.

You should have posted this on the Commuter thread, you'd have received 100% support over there. They are a little more "Daily Mail" in their outlook.
  • felix.london
    lbalony wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    To the OP.

:lol:

Trek Session 8
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    At least he wasn't listening to morrisey, I would have hunted him down and beaten him myself
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • MrM
    MrM Posts: 60
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    He banged open the gate with his front wheel and rode through at such speed that it bounced off the stops and shut behind him?

That's awesome skilz.

PMSL.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Why did I just read this thread? FML.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I say that for 90% of threads on here.

It's character building at worst...
  • SteveH28
    SteveH28 Posts: 44
    Hmmm not sure if i keep coming back to this froum for the upbuilding helpful info or the hilarious rants and whinges like on this thread!! :D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,042
    I'm calling bull on the 15mph, he could have cracked it at a slower speed and banged it hard enought to make a show, all depends on the hinges and lube. Mmmm, lube...

Anyway if he hit it that hard he'd have damaged his bike or lost control.

POIDH/STFU.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    njee20 wrote:
    The lack of a latch is pretty irrelevant - at 15mph you will not just sail straight through it unhindered!

But I thought he was on a bike - not a yacht.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    lbalony wrote:
    This reminds me of an incident on a cycle path i had recently. It was about 20ft wide yet these walkers insisted on walking six-abreast, and despite me giving them a friendly warning that i was coming up behind them i still had to emergency brake to a stop because their dog (not on a lead) ran out UNDER my front wheel.

Yes i got abuse hurled at me.

Now that i think about it, this is nothing like that at all.

This gets me too. Once found four people walking the red route at Sherwood pines and told me I should have a bell! Another time just local on a cycle path a man stood in centre with his dog to block my path and tell me I should not be on a bike around here! I simply pointed to the cycle path sign and told him he should not be walking around here! Dick!

I literally want to punch all of those people in the face really hard, right now :evil:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    estampida wrote:
    his bike is a "the peter" or other overhyped and overpriced bike

bth_not_this_shit_again.jpg

Lapierre means "The stone". It only means "the peter" if you're illiterate. Which you are.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I've had a guy with a dog on one of those extendable leads blocking the width of a 10 ft wide cycle path. when I politely said 'excuse me please' he told me to feck off.

I know it's not big or clever but when I got off the bike and told him i'd shove the lead up his arse if he said it again he moved.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    welshkev wrote:
    I've had a guy with a dog on one of those extendable leads blocking the width of a 10 ft wide cycle path. when I politely said 'excuse me please' he told me to feck off.

I know it's not big or clever but when I got off the bike and told him i'd shove the lead up his ars* if he said it again he moved.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    EH_Rob wrote:
    the way you're going on about it sounds as if he used his bike and the gate to murder a puppy and a child in the car park whilst screaming some sort of xenophobic propanganda, all whilst being naked and covered in his own excrement.

sorry about the naked and excrement thing its just how i like to ride.......
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    there are just idiots about where ever you go, it would have been funny if the gate was on the latch and he smashed himself up thinking he could get through it.

To go through gates i always slow down, open it go through and close it behind me, its not hard is it, its just lazyness in some people.

was the rider even wearing a helmet as sounds like one of them who don't.