Abu Qatada

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
Fair do's the judiciary should be independent and rightly so. The situation with this bloke has got more rediculous with every passing judgement.

If I were Home secretary I'd be tempted to say alright beardy, you win, and let him go free.

Then tell the judges if this man does what we suspect he is capable of you'll be in the dock along side him.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Apparently in Europe when they have the same problem, the government wants to deport someone and the courts say no, the government just deports them and then EU fine them 50,000 euros or so. Would be cheaper than keeping him in prison and solve the problem!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    uk government didn't get fussed when the cia abducted people and flew them to countries, in some cases via uk territory (not uk itself afaik), where they could be, and apparently were, tortured

before that, they let it go when israel lured vanunu from london to italy, then kidnapped him and shipped him to israel to bang up in solitary for years, and to this day won't let him leave the country

and now they happily sit back and watch as the usa and israel assassinate people (often, but not always, rightly in my opinion, so fair's fair, i'm not just picking on them here) without feeling the need to protest

but they seem unable to sort this guy out, he clearly has no respect for the law he hides behind, they should call in the favours the uk is clearly owed for the above and practice their surprised looks for when he mysteriously turns up in jordan, wearing a pink bunny suit, looking dazed and confused
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Is this from the Lion King?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I thought it was a holiday destination from the other post :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    We are a laughing stock.
    People moan about the cost of burying Thatcher as we can't afford £10m, this debacle has cost is quadruple that.
    There are certain times when I despise paying my taxes :)
    Living MY dream.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    ... ava banana ...
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    jawooga wrote:
    ... ava banana ...

Exactly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQyR0HRxNEA
  • jawooga
    Random Man that it is brilliant - thanks for the link. Bill Bailey is a genius.
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Surely he can be bumped off or die of a mysterious illness :wink:
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i think its hilarious.

hopefully it will drive the revolting theresa may into such a fit of rage her head explodes! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    He isnt British or european, should have nothing to do with human rights or the judiciary - the uk government should have the right to deport who they like to where they like.
    All this debacal does is turn people off from Europe and towards ukip etc (perhaps no bad thing?)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    mamba80 wrote:
    He isnt British or european, should have nothing to do with human rights or the judiciary - the uk government should have the right to deport who they like to where they like.
    All this debacal does is turn people off from Europe and towards ukip etc (perhaps no bad thing?)

Really?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Frank the tank
    mamba80 wrote:
    European law of human rights has chuff all to do with the EU.

It's a mistake many make.
    Tail end Charlie

• Frank the tank
    random man wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    ... ava banana ...

I thought you would have put a link to the have I got news for you episode mate Abu Qatada. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    As long as we're nice to him we don't get bombed.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    sungod wrote:
    uk government didn't get fussed when the cia abducted people and flew them to countries, in some cases via uk territory (not uk itself afaik), where they could be, and apparently were, tortured

Well there is our solution. We release him from prison, and if the US happened to abduct him and extraordinarily rendered him to Guantanamo, jordan or wherever, then that's just too bad isn't it :wink:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    spen666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Well there is our solution. We release him from prison, and if the US happened to abduct him and extraordinarily rendered him to Guantanamo, jordan or wherever, then that's just too bad isn't it :wink:

He's not dossing round mine!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    jordan_217 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

He's not dossing round mine!

Imagine the beard hairs on the arm of your couch in the morning :(

Actually, the situation is pathetic, not funny :evil:
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Apparently in Europe when they have the same problem, the government wants to deport someone and the courts say no, the government just deports them and then EU fine them 50,000 euros or so. Would be cheaper than keeping him in prison and solve the problem!

I've wondered what would happen if they sent him anyway.
    A fine? Big deal. What happens if we then said we're not paying it?
    Will Belgium invade us?!
  • jawooga
    random man wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    ... ava banana ...

I thought you would have put a link to the have I got news for you episode mate Abu Qatada. :lol:

Must admit this have i got news for you clip is what i thought of too.
  • i think its hilarious.

hopefully it will drive the revolting theresa may into such a fit of rage her head explodes! :D

really? u think its funny our taxes are wasted on this sorry scenario and scumbag?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ben6899 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

Really?

Yes really, if he (or anyone else for that matter) is a genuine refugee then he can make his case and be granted asylum, if not deport - The alternative is any criminal can come to this country illegally and be granted permanant leave to stay based on fears of a not getting a fair trial....... and we can foot their bill for their welfare and then allow in their extended family, fan fxxking tastic :(
  • Frank the tank
    mamba80 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

Really?

Yes really, if he (or anyone else for that matter) is a genuine refugee then he can make his case and be granted asylum, if not deport - The alternative is any criminal can come to this country illegally and be granted permanant leave to stay based on fears of a not getting a fair trial....... and we can foot their bill for their welfare and then allow in their extended family, fan fxxking tastic :(
    Remember those Afghan hijackers who landed here. I'm struggling with the detail, but either way up they were eventually arrested and tried and then they claimed asylum here and we ended up not being able to deport them. I'm sure some sage on here will fill in my somewhat sketchy details.
    Tail end Charlie

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    Therein lies the problem though.

He can't be deported back to Jordan for fear of torture or being tried using evidence obtained from torture, he is not a criminal (although if he said things now that he had said in the past he would be).

If he's done something wrong he should be tried and punished here, but he hasn't! Nasty piece of work for sure but just one difficult case that shows the downside of otherwise sound policy.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • fast as fupp
    i think its hilarious.

really? u think its funny our taxes are wasted on this sorry scenario and scumbag?

sure do , adolph :D

you keep hoping your ukip/bnp mates get in then they can spend our taxes on 'special' camps for folk like qatada.

hey!
  • let me guess, a right on student?! when you actually have to pay taxes or decide not to follow a political viewpoint just because its fashionable/idealistic you will be more bothered.

i would actually like qatada to go to a 'special' camp. id be happy to contribute. this is someone who promotes and wants to cause harm to those in the country that he lives in. im sure the victims of 7/7, boston, and other terrorist atrocities would contribute too, as would most normal people.

yet for some reason you would prefer us to support and pay for someone who wants to kill us and destroy our way of life. o well...

as for your ukip/bnp analogy. yep clearly one and the same arnt they. talking of which big nige did another grat turn on question time.
  • fast as fupp
    wrong mr. wrongo.

im more worried about right wing nutters like you and your friends destroying 'our way of life' than comedy bogeymen like qatada.
  • in what way am i right wing nutter?

how am i destroying your way of life?

you dont care about terrorism and its victims?
  • fast as fupp
    1. you vote UKIP -they are far right and bonkers. ipso facto you must be.

2. google the human rights records of far right governments

3.stupid question

heres one of your friends in action-

http://road.cc/content/news/81887-ukip- ... roads-ride

like i said- bonkers
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    1. you vote UKIP -they are far right and bonkers. ipso facto you must be.

2. google the human rights records of far right governments

3.stupid question

heres one of your friends in action-

http://road.cc/content/news/81887-ukip- ... roads-ride

like i said- bonkers

Nurse! Nurse! He's out of bed again!