The Fans in Fancy Dress Thread.

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,943
    This thread is only intended as a bit of fun.

But these guys could be a problem.....

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2 ... nce/66172/

large.jpg

996842_469228289835054_146737287_n.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    This thread is only intended as a bit of fun.

But these guys could be a problem.....

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2 ... nce/66172/

large.jpg

996842_469228289835054_146737287_n.jpg
    I fear that a bunch of half-naked men in luridly coloured trousers harassing lycra-clad men with shaved legs is perhaps not the most appropriate way to raise awareness for an anti-homosexuality protest group.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    A bunch of half-naked clowns with flags and whistles? Will anyone even notice?

If it was Femen, OTOH...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ericboyertour.jpg

This has to be fancy dress, right? People didn't go around with hair like that, did they? :shock:

Look at the peak of that cap on the rider in the middle.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    9026854215_6fa461dd1c_o.jpg

I quite fancy wearing this.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Who remembers Chewbacca/Yeti at the Giro last year?

He was quite the mysterious beast, turning up at multiple stages.

GiroJot04_zps534d9292.jpg

Best picture I could find.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,646
    knedlicky wrote:

There is the gorilla fun run in London every year if you fancy it that much.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,646
    The tour de France devil used to get criticised for running along side riders, but at some point he became thought of as a part of the race. So much so, that his absence in recent years has been noted.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    TheBigBean wrote:
    The tour de France devil used to get criticised for running along side riders, but at some point he became thought of as a part of the race. So much so, that his absence in recent years has been noted.

Didi the Devil - he even managed to get some sponsorship a few years ago, prob did a bunk with the cash. There was an Angel too, ES had a little clip of him being strangled by Didi in their opening montage.
  • above_the_cows
    LutherB wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Didi the Devil - he even managed to get some sponsorship a few years ago, prob did a bunk with the cash. There was an Angel too, ES had a little clip of him being strangled by Didi in their opening montage.

Didn't he have cancer or something and that's why he's been absent from the roadside recently?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    LutherB wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Didn't he have cancer or something and that's why he's been absent from the roadside recently?

Yeah, something like that. But he's back this year and raring to go, apparently.
  • above_the_cows
    LutherB wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Yeah, something like that. But he's back this year and raring to go, apparently.

Just 20kg lighter and able to drop everyone on the climbs. :wink: :shock:

Did I just make a tasteless cancer joke? Yes, yes I did.
  • knedlicky
    LutherB wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    He had an operation sometime in Spring last year so then missed the Tour. I heard from someone it was on his brain, but I don't know if the person who said that was just making a joke or whether Didi really did have something like a brain tumor.
    He was at the Tour of Bavaria last month, as this evidence shows

Der%20Tour-Teufel%20Didi%20Senft-579ee2fa6d.jpg
  • knedlicky
    TheBigBean wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

There is the gorilla fun run in London every year if you fancy it that much.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll register for it under the name Erasmus in case there's a Madelene at the finish.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    The guy that caught my eye in Liege on Sunday was the runner back in fourth behind the guy with the flag. He was wearing a suit but couldn't run for sh!t! Not sure what he was trying to achieve.

Should the following motorcycles have the green light to put these runners into the barriers? They were running directly behind the two leaders and would have been obstructing the chasers. It shows a real lack of respect for the race and the riders. One or two good motorcycle v stupid running spectator incidents might stop this practice in its tracks.

DD.

LOL and whilst were at it they could green light the running over of red light jumpers that would soon stop it. Perhaps Jezzer could drive a tank to do it :lol:
  • knedlicky
    9049356626_c782820bd3_o.jpg

Okay women of the forum, which one of you is this angel of the peloton?
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    i always chuckle at this ad..
    BallsOut_zpse34641a3.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    knedlicky wrote:
    9049356626_c782820bd3_o.jpg

Okay women of the forum, which one of you is this angel of the peloton?
    That's a great costume, beats a panda!
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    LutherB wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

He's back, he'd painted the road on the final climb of the cancelled Giro stage.
  • tailwindhome
    Trip-600x588.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... s3NxXSb1K0

It's probably been posted in the relevant spoiler thread but to be honest I can't be ar$ed wading through the bland and the bile to check.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I have seen many cycling fans in many costumes, but it will take something very special to top that middle aged bloke in his pants carrying a stuffed three legged boar (with the fourth leg in the other hand)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    BPI-YCpCMAAlv9C.jpg:large
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    That's the man. Look at him. He's utterly mental in a very special way. He's not doing that for attention, he's doing it because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    RichN95 wrote:
    That's the man. Look at him. He's utterly mental in a very special way. He's not doing that for attention, he's doing it because he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Yep.

But the elephant in the room question is:

What's that in his other hand?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    As for The Devil, he's now dressed in yellow and covered in sponsor logos. Which is why the cameras avoid him. I've seen him a few times andi t's clear that the cameras are under instruction to keep him out of shot as much as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    RichN95 wrote:

Yep.

But the elephant in the room question is:

What's that in his other hand?

I think its the broken off hind leg of the boar under his arm?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That was froome's signal to go wasn't it? I seem to remember he whizzed off just then...
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Didi is back this year alright and he is all in yellow. It is a shame if the TV camera men have been directed to avoid him because of sponsorship issues. Wasn't he sponsored by TUC a few years ago? If the Tour organisers had any sense, they would get Didi on-board in some capacity. If there was any justice, he'd be presenting the final yellow jersey in Paris on Sunday evening! :D

DD.
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    edited July 2013
    Anyone see the guy dressed as a giant penis? It was on 18 I think. Maybe 16.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Pretty sure Wiggle were sponsoring Didi (he was all over the site last year). So the reason the coverage is avoiding him? I think we all know who to blame...