The Fans in Fancy Dress Thread.

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited September 2013 in Pro race
BIdY8BlCcAEWxea.png

Doubt we'll see a better one all year.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Sky looking out for one of their soigneurs.

25.jpg

This is Luke Rowe's brother

tumblr_madx4cap7b1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You have to lack all class and have no respect for riders to do that Panada stunt. In the final km of a 260km race. I hope he got taken out by fans. Loser.

If you want to see idiot fans, just look to Tour of Cali.

The ugly, selfless gits in this photo also come to mind:
    533689_saxo-bank-andy-schleck-astana-alberto-contador-tourmalet-tour-de-france-2010.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • On the Petit St. Bernard in 2009 (the climb before Voigt sanded his face off), there were a group of French guys each with one letter of "Voeckler" written on their bodies stood above a hairpin.

On seeing them Tommy rode no hands clapping.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    You have to lack all class and have no respect for riders to do that Panada stunt. In the final km of a 260km race. I hope he got taken out by fans. Loser.

533689_saxo-bank-andy-schleck-astana-alberto-contador-tourmalet-tour-de-france-2010.jpg

Andy is no oil painting but I wouldn't call Contador ugly.

Steak/Syringe posting in 3....2.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,210
    Jeez that is horrendous in the bikini. What's the opposite of a lady boy (no bits usually associated with either gender) 'cos that's one of them! Looks like Fatima Whitbread's more butch twin sister.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Jens Voigt's views on the matter are worth adding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgWWceYwbY
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,210
    RichN95 wrote:
    This is Luke Rowe's brother

tumblr_madx4cap7b1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

I was about 50m down Caerphilly Mountain from that, the riders further back seemed to quite enjoy the atmosphere and got involved as you can see there with Matt. The Welsh cakes someone was ending up to them seemed to go down a treat as well.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sky looking out for one of their soigneurs.
    25.jpg
    "These aren't the cyclists you're looking for, they can go about their business..."
  • tailwindhome
    Vaughters seems relaxed about it......but then his man won and IIRC he doesn't rate highly on the FrenchFighter Class-o-meter either :wink:

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 3h
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Man dressed as Panda signed to record breaking contract with Team Garmin-Sharp. pic.twitter.com/ohQ8UfOzPS

Liege Panda Liege Panda ‏@LiegePanda 1h

Hey @Vaughters can I move to Girona? My zookeeper Bernard Van OostHuizen is looking for me. Send a freaking team car eh?

Retweeted by Jonathan Vaughters
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    They are obviously self-absorbed morons and desperate attention seekers.

However, I would very much like to see someone dressed as a dalek halfway up Alpe d'Huez.......
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • tailwindhome
    Just watched the last km of LBL again (the ITV4 show).

I can't believe I didn't even see the panda when I watched the live show as I was screaming that much at first J Rod then Martin.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Just watched the last km of LBL again (the ITV4 show).

I can't believe I didn't even see the panda when I watched the live show as I was screaming that much at first J Rod then Martin.

It was Pandamonium round ours too. There were a few scoffing at the natural break-gate; some even claiming they could do better standing on their heads.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The guy that caught my eye in Liege on Sunday was the runner back in fourth behind the guy with the flag. He was wearing a suit but couldn't run for sh!t! Not sure what he was trying to achieve.

Should the following motorcycles have the green light to put these runners into the barriers? They were running directly behind the two leaders and would have been obstructing the chasers. It shows a real lack of respect for the race and the riders. One or two good motorcycle v stupid running spectator incidents might stop this practice in its tracks.

DD.
  • This outfit is pretty good...

PHO-09May04-160628.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    That AG2R kit is actually growing on me.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    pottssteve wrote:
    They are obviously self-absorbed morons and desperate attention seekers.

However, I would very much like to see someone dressed as a dalek halfway up Alpe d'Huez.......

Do Daleks have disc brakes......?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ericboyertour.jpg

This has to be fancy dress, right? People didn't go around with hair like that, did they? :shock:
  • Paul 8v
    Bit of a Sagan moment there!

Check out the guy who is wearing the panasonic jersey next to big mig's hat, WTF is THAT all about?!
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Check out the guy who is wearing the panasonic jersey next to big mig's hat, WTF is THAT all about?!

Not very aero!
  • Paul 8v
    The peak is about a foot long!
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,712
    BIdY8BlCcAEWxea.png

Doubt we'll see a better one all year.

Pah!

No sense of duty. He's out enjoying the sport, while his girlfriend has to be artificially inseminated :roll:
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    :D:D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712

oh my...
  • Only one man can sort out these fancy dress fools. HINAULT! He is always spoiling for a good fight. Drop him off near a stretch of tarmac populated by some of these fans and you'll have a friend for life.

Too many fans for you to handle, Mr. Hinault? "Non, c'est un target-rich environment. Merci" *

* Bernard Hinault may or may not have uttered these words.

DD.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    Only one man can sort out these fancy dress fools. HINAULT! He is always spoiling for a good fight. Drop him off near a stretch of tarmac populated by some of these fans and you'll have a friend for life.

Too many fans for you to handle, Mr. Hinault? "Non, c'est un target-rich environment. Merci" *

DD.

Who would win a fight between a badger and a panda?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RimTape
    RimTape Posts: 243
    The yellow bikini is Emily Miazga.
    Bit of a multisporter and cookie baker.
    http://www.powercookies.com/news/post/speights-coast-to-coast-2013-wrap/

Velox
  • Only one man can sort out these fancy dress fools. HINAULT! He is always spoiling for a good fight. Drop him off near a stretch of tarmac populated by some of these fans and you'll have a friend for life.

DD.

Who would win a fight between a badger and a panda?
    Normal UK badger or a honey badger?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Paul 8v
    Either would beat a panda, lazy creatures, can't even be bothered to have sex let alone fight!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Don't see any problem with fans dressing up in fancy dress, watching a bike race is supposed to be a fun day out after all. It's the fans (in fancy dress or not) that get in the way of the riders and motorbikes that need a smack.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Not that much against it. Though, the ones in USA Pro Cycling Challenge are just there to take the p'iss out of the sport and and they are a danger to riders as well since they only care about the camera on the motorbike in front of them..