Comments

• hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    What's your least favourite? :wink:
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Lincolshire Poacher! lovely but pricey. :D
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Cheers mate, thanks for sticking up for me. :D to be honest I have found my reception on this forum pretty shocking.
    people may think my post is stupid, but is there really any need to start gobbing off and giving me loads of attitude?

You shouldn't have found it shocking. If you'd spent some time lurking you'd have seen how it works - it is a bit Wild West at times but that's how it is and it's pretty good once you get used to it. Just going straight off and starting a daft thread isn't the way to do it. I mean, would you walk into a pub into a bunch of strangers and start randomly talking at them and expect them to follow your every word or would you politely ease your way in and see how the group dynamic works etc etc?

And please don't tell us it is Dairylea!

If I walked in to a pub and saw you in there, with your can of coke & packet of smokey bacon and you spoke to me like on this forum I would round-house you in the head!
  • hipshot wrote:
    What's your least favourite? :wink:

aaah, thank you for asking.

My least favourite cheese is baby-bells, not nice, not nice at all.
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    Rolf F wrote:
    Cheers mate, thanks for sticking up for me. :D to be honest I have found my reception on this forum pretty shocking.
    people may think my post is stupid, but is there really any need to start gobbing off and giving me loads of attitude?

You shouldn't have found it shocking. If you'd spent some time lurking you'd have seen how it works - it is a bit Wild West at times but that's how it is and it's pretty good once you get used to it. Just going straight off and starting a daft thread isn't the way to do it. I mean, would you walk into a pub into a bunch of strangers and start randomly talking at them and expect them to follow your every word or would you politely ease your way in and see how the group dynamic works etc etc?

If I walked in to a pub and saw you in there, with your can of coke & packet of smokey bacon and you spoke to me like on this forum I would round-house you in the head!

That kind of confirms what I was thinking when I read your first post.
  • Hee hee hee, serious sense of humour failure here Strith, you strike me as being able to give it but not be able to receive it. Know what I mean.
  • Strith
    Lol yeah it's all giggles here, but you gotta take the rough with the smooth. You need to start a new poll, just include a few cheese options.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    The list of contenders makes me wonder how we all coped before the came to prominence in Europe during the 90s. It certainly makes you wonder how anyone managed before these companies started in the 70s. Anyway, my answer is a custom built Legend. Nothing from any of those 4 would make my top 10.
  • Strith
    FWIW I'll give you my honest opinion, which is pretty much the complete opposite to that of Pross here, in that I would only buy from one of those manufacturers, except maybe a BMC also.
    I don't prefer any in particular, although I do own a 'dale.
  • Pross
    To be fair they have probably innovated bike design more than other companies and brought in compact frames, oversized tubes etc. but to me they are just bland corporations and at the risk of sounding like a Rapha brochure they just don't invoke that spirit and history of cycling to me like a Colnago or similar. For the record I ride a Scott and think much the same there but I felt it was the bike that most suited what I needed in my budget. Of those 4 I'd go with Specialized for an S Works Tarmac, the brand I least like is Trek and that pre-dates all the LA stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hey the OP is back and everyone is friendly again :D

In answer to the original question, I would only really buy a Cannondale out of those 4.
    Sad as it may be, the other 3 brands just shout budget 1st bike at me and I would avoid.

I got into mountain bikes with Cannondale and loved the oversized frames.
    Would quite like one of their road bikes one day.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

And if I was in a pub drinking coke I would thank you for it!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Legend is nice, but for me it would have to be Storck.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • What are the OP's views on Bouncy Castles?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    God damn it !! How did I miss this thread !!!!
    :lol:

Can't beat Dairylea and ketchup sandwiches 8)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Well I would :mrgreen:

Thats my vote cast

03TV_030314_072.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pinkteapot wrote:
    Is Cannondaleboss an intern at Cannondale who's been asked to put together a market research report?

I reckon he's a City fan.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    MattC59 wrote:
    God damn it !! How did I miss this thread !!!!
    :lol:

Can't beat Dairylea and ketchup sandwiches 8)

'twas hiding in Road General at first, someone obviously decided it needed the calming influence of the BB clan to keep it nice :lol:
  • Well I would :mrgreen:

Thats my vote cast

03TV_030314_072.jpg

Jesus fucking wept Cleat.

I'm 37, I worked for an ISP back when the internet was young and stuffed full of nothing but Germans, Goats, and large vegetables, and even then I've seen little as horrid as that.

I'm going to scream myself to sleep tonight, thanks to you
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    You're welcome :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Back to topic,I quite like Danish Blue as well,its a poor mans Roquefort.
    But I would buy a Gorgonzola.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Well I would :mrgreen:

Thats my vote cast

03TV_030314_072.jpg

Jesus ******* wept Cleat.

I'm 37, I worked for an ISP back when the internet was young and stuffed full of nothing but Germans, Goats, and large vegetables, and even then I've seen little as horrid as that.

I'm going to scream myself to sleep tonight, thanks to you

Useful picture. It'll make a change from thinking about Clare Balding when you're on the 'vinegar strokes'. :lol:

But on the subject of cheese, my favourite is a nice vintage blue stilton, preferably from Colston Bassett. Danish Blue is just too sharp for me.

Worst cheese? Red Leicester, only good for fish bait.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Its a good job cannondaleboss didn't post this thread in Crudcatcher - he'd have been spat out in little bits.
    However, yes we are a bunch of c*nts and this is Bottom Bracket. I am quite happy being a c*nt, though i'd rather be in one :D

Watch what I do cannondaleboss:

Scitt, Cannondolly, Spesh, Truk - all soul-less shite. So there, no more brand debate, f*ck off the lot of you :P

My Apollo is still gong strong after 3 weeks. Great value; £1.23 per week through the catalogue credit scheme. It wil be paid off in no time.

On a serious note to all BB'ers: f*ck off again if you haven't f*cked off already - you'll all be happy once you have f*cked off to where you f*cked off to.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cheese - get some stuff from the local cheese shop which is apricot and wensleydale (I think). Stuffed if I can remember the name of it though.

cannondaleboss. If you can take time out from being the boss of cannondale, then I recommend this methodology to ensure you are happy with your latest purchase;

I have a Cube* at the moment. Before that I had a Trek*. The bits made by other people bolted to the Cube* are better than the bits made by other people bolted to the Trek*. Ergo, Cube* is better than Trek*. Therefore, everything else is sh*t**.

*replace brand names as you suits your own situation.
    **last sentence is optional
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    F*** off you bunch of C**ts
    To be fair, he's kind of got you there....... you are a bunch of c**nts
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    seanoconn wrote:

Yeah, but we don't need some Johnny-come-lately c**t to tell us that.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    and besides, c*nts are useful.

The older I get, the better I was.

• seanoconn
    Monkeypump wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Yeah, but we don't need some Johnny-come-lately c**t to tell us that.
    How was I suppose to know this thread might be mildly interesting? It was only the 5 pages of replies that led me to believe that there may be some c**ting afoot.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Rolf F wrote:

Sorry but what a ()anker Internet hard men just the tuffest people the whole wide world :)))
    And for the record canon dale make mountain bikes derrr!
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • seanoconn
    Nik Cube wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Sorry but what a ()anker Internet hard men just the tuffest people the whole wide world :)))
    And for the record canon dale make mountain bikes derrr!
    You know a giraffe is a horse that has been round house kicked to the head by Chuck Norris. Or something like that. I forget the actual joke....... have I spoilt it now?