Brand Debate

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    They call them Crack-and-Fail at my LBS.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    this one hasn't gone well has it, heh heh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    Is Cannondaleboss an intern at Cannondale who's been asked to put together a market research report?
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    pinkteapot wrote:
    Is Cannondaleboss an intern at Cannondale who's been asked to put together a market research report?

That's what I assumed.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Well that went down hill quicker than Peter Sagan on his Cannondale :)
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    At least there is someone new to take the brunt of the abuse away from others :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    smidsy wrote:
    At least there is someone new to take the brunt of the abuse away from others :-)

Conspiracy theory there I think 8)

What are the odds of cannondaleboss being at you know who's, you know what? 8)
  • smidsy
    Carbonator wrote:
    Conspiracy theory there I think 8)

Just because someone is paranoid does not mean everyone is not out to get them :mrgreen:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    pinkteapot wrote:

Surely an intern would use the name Cannondalelackey. Cannondale boss can only be the big man himself trying to check out if the cool kids still dig his velos. I think we should all be nice to him and he might give us all new bikes!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    OMG, is Cannondale the new specializedgianttrek? :shock:
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Hmmm...to be fair, all cannondaleboss did was ask a perfectly innocuous question, for which he gets a load of verbal, and some rather unfunny responses.

Rather sad really, but fairly typical of many user's experiences on here. It seems that some people on here can't resist the temptation to make someone else feel stupid, either because they've spent too much on their riding kit, or because they didn't buy a Triban/Defy/Ribble/etc, or because they did/didn't spec Di2, etc etc.

There is a distinctly confrontational atmosphere on here which sometimes borders on the unpleasant. Playground-style bullying of new kids seems to be accepted practice, and unhelpful responses (accompanied by a w@nky emoticon) seems to pass as humour (cue a blizzard of "humorous" responses and w@nky emoticons).

It's a shame, because there are some genuinely interesting, insightful and helpful people on here.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You sir, are a bounder and a CAAD.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    tomisitt wrote:
    There is a distinctly confrontational atmosphere on here which sometimes borders on the unpleasant.

I genuinely assumed it was some kind of misguided market research. Just seemed such a weirdly detailed set of questions for a first post.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    tomisitt wrote:
    Hmmm...to be fair, all cannondaleboss did was ask a perfectly innocuous question, for which he gets a load of verbal, and some rather unfunny responses.

Rather sad really, but fairly typical of many user's experiences on here. It seems that some people on here can't resist the temptation to make someone else feel stupid, either because they've spent too much on their riding kit, or because they didn't buy a Triban/Defy/Ribble/etc, or because they did/didn't spec Di2, etc etc.

There is a distinctly confrontational atmosphere on here which sometimes borders on the unpleasant. Playground-style bullying of new kids seems to be accepted practice, and unhelpful responses (accompanied by a w@nky emoticon) seems to pass as humour (cue a blizzard of "humorous" responses and w@nky emoticons).

It's a shame, because there are some genuinely interesting, insightful and helpful people on here.

So, :shock: you 8) thought :o you :lol: would :roll: add :( to :o the :? thread 8) with a wishy :D washy :evil: w@nky :( reply :P that :cry: doesnt :wink: even :) answer the OP's :( question. :o:(:) :x :roll:
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    edited April 2013
    F*** off you bunch of C**ts
    People on this forum are often not as polite as they might be and I have pointed this out numerous times.

However, this short post is probably the most ill-mannered I have seen so far. You really know how to win friends and influence people don't you?
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Brilliant :lol:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    NapoleonD wrote:

not really ....
  • smidsy
    giant man wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

not really ....

Oh now come on, it was pretty good :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Heh! I thought it was pretty good too
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I like Specialized, I like Pinnarello,
    My turbo trainer is all right for a bit of fun on a Sunday night,
    I can ride no handed,
    but what I do prefer Is a little bit of willy, willy, willy, little bit of
    Willier.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Bozman wrote:
    Sod that list, I'll have a wheel of Montgomery cheddar instead.

+1
    Best cheese I have ever tasted.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • rolf_f
    tomisitt wrote:

To be fair, he asked a load of questions about four brands seemingly chosen at random, having never posted here before and without giving any reason why he was asking the questions or why he should expect people to bother to reply!

But that said, it has turned into one of the most entertaining debuts we've had here for a little while. I hope the OP doesn't take this as seriously as some are on this thread and hangs around to entertain us some more!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I'm waiting for SRAMisACE to appear on the forum and use his first post to ask us about our preferred groupset...
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Anybody posting here needs skin so thick as to be bulletproof, if he hasnt got it then he wont last long.

To be honest it was stupid 1st post that would undoubtedly lead to an ar$e kicking
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • lotus49 wrote:
    F*** off you bunch of C**ts
    People on this forum are often not as polite as they might be and I have pointed this out numerous times.

However, this short post is probably the most ill-mannered I have seen so far. You really know how to win friends and influence people don't you?

Apologies for my vile outburst! Perhaps I went to far with my choice of words.
    Not bothered in the slightest about influencing other people btw :(
  • So just for the record OP.

What is your favourite cheese?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • tomisitt wrote:

Cheers mate, thanks for sticking up for me. :D to be honest I have found my reception on this forum pretty shocking.
    people may think my post is stupid, but is there really any need to start gobbing off and giving me loads of attitude?
    I have used other forums in the past for my other interests such as music, kickboxing & cars and the atmosphere is always welcoming, friendly & light-hearted.
    The clever dicks have let this forum down, shame considering I'm fairly new to cycling and could utilise the knowledge of others who use this site. :(
    How about treating others how you wish to be treated and showing some respect, if you think my post is stupid, just go to another thread maybe!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I will refrain from pointing out the glaring irony just as a matter of courtesy.

Perhaps if you'd actually introduced yourself people wouldn't have assumed you were a plant.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • rolf_f
    Cheers mate, thanks for sticking up for me. :D to be honest I have found my reception on this forum pretty shocking.
    people may think my post is stupid, but is there really any need to start gobbing off and giving me loads of attitude?

You shouldn't have found it shocking. If you'd spent some time lurking you'd have seen how it works - it is a bit Wild West at times but that's how it is and it's pretty good once you get used to it. Just going straight off and starting a daft thread isn't the way to do it. I mean, would you walk into a pub into a bunch of strangers and start randomly talking at them and expect them to follow your every word or would you politely ease your way in and see how the group dynamic works etc etc?

And please don't tell us it is Dairylea!
  • So just for the record OP.

What is your favourite cheese?

My favourite cheese is Danish Blue. Thank you for asking.