Possible crack?

2»

Comments

• nah, the rant was just a time line showing what's happened to date. Sam was actually really nice to be honest, she was also a little bit miffed that someone would say the "free bikes bit" but she assured me that everything would be dealt with quickly.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Good luck with Crackierre's "warranty".
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    Evans just rang. They have also offered me a few 2013 frame for £300 after i asked if they could check for me.
    Very temped although buying a DH bike at the same time so a little nervous.
  • lugsey2k5
    Can anyone photoshop white forks onto this http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lap ... 5#features
  • barikhan
    barikhan Posts: 22
    *thread resurrection*
    lugsey2k5, what happened in the end? Did you go for the black chain stay or get a 2013 upgrade? I am waiting for local bikeshop/hotlines/lapierre to sort out a hairline crack (before it goes completely) on my Zesty 514 2011.
  • lugsey2k5
    Hello. I paid £300 for a whole new frame in the end although it took ages to sort out and had several compatibility issues with parts they didn't mention. Hotlines are very slow and Evans are terrible. The new frame is great as it takes a stealth dropper although it required lots of heli tape from new to stop the terrible cable run.
  • barikhan
    barikhan Posts: 22
    I have been looking at the compatibility from 2011->2013 and I would need a 150 fork and ideally a 420 stealth reverb (long legs and smaller torso guy). Or they might just send me a chainstay to cut out all of the hassle!
  • lugsey2k5
    Iv still got the same fork although will get some pikes when mine die. I'm 6'5" so needed a 150mm stealth. Lapierre sent out the wrong headset with the frame the first time and I was also sent a conversion kit so the rear end still works with a qr wheel.