Anyone here know gym equipment ?

2»

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Home gym stuff always feels a bit disappointing when compared to the stuff in a paid for gym. If you have enough space you could turn a wall into a bouldering wall with crash mats. Or just sod the family and make it into the ultimate man cave.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I have these already,

1235653217737-cl0r5u6ugxnw-300-70.jpg
    vectra-vx-28-home-gym.jpg
    DKN_R-400_Rowing_Machine_1_325x325.jpg

The other bits are for the main fitness room as I will keep the tacx in my games room.
    Living MY dream.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Speak to Mark here - http://www.fithire.com/ They do sales as well as hire. Tell them what you want and your REALISTIC usage expectations and he'll sort you out. He's a cyclist and gym guru, an allround top bloke.

And if you're concerned, start having a look through some of the other stuff they've done, people they've supplied and kit they use. You quickly realise they're at the top of their game.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • VTech
    Thanks, ill send them an email.
    Living MY dream.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Here's one he did for us. (along with some freeweights you can't see in that pic and some other bits)

Amiri_Photo.JPG
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • VTech
    I love that. Did you have to do anything to stop the humidity from the pool area entering the gym section ? Ive been warned about this before and the humidifier we have can keep temps equal but the new build incorporates lots of glass which im told will be an issue.
    Living MY dream.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    VTech wrote:
    I love that. Did you have to do anything to stop the humidity from the pool area entering the gym section ? Ive been warned about this before and the humidifier we have can keep temps equal but the new build incorporates lots of glass which im told will be an issue.

I hate it when the humidity from my pool gets into my gym area. It's such a bitch! :D
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    VTech - do you always train in jeans, a jumper and smart shoes? :D
  • VTech
    Monkeypump wrote:
    VTech - do you always train in jeans, a jumper and smart shoes? :D

If I had his hair id gladly train in a princess outfit :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ooermissus wrote:
    He also does a lot of weights, which we're often told are no good for endurance training.

It's possible he might train with weights for reasons other than endurance.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I do a lot of weights. Nowt to do with my cycling.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    My mate used to do weights - he was catholic though - he needed to be strong to carry his guilt :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.