Oh no, not Rolf.

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,965
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
Hope it's not so......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

The saville I could do without but not this chap, he was always a top bloke.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Dont believe a word of it, its disgusting what the media and police are doing.
    How can they link a "one off" incident 20+ years ago to the saville case ?

They are losing all respect from the general public who do not know what to believe.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    No! Please not Rolf?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    This subject came up in the office and if rumour* mongering is anything to go by then there are still a few high profile celebs to be charged.

*I am not naming because I have no validity for the info.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • VTech
    daviesee wrote:
    This subject came up in the office and if rumour* mongering is anything to go by then there are still a few high profile celebs to be charged.

*I am not naming because I have no validity for the info.

Your quote hits the nail on the head of these issues.
    People will know facts and hear rumours but you had the good sense not to say because you yourself were not sure. That is called having morals.
    The police and newspapers (not all police I would add, just probably a very small minority) give out details and as we all know, it doesnt matter what happens now, Rolf is tainted for life, he will NEVER be respected in the same light again no matter what.
    Same happened to Matthew Kelly, one of the great TV entertainers who was wrongly accused and it ruined his career.

A lot of damage happens to people with these claims, the police should deal with them and if guilty let the world know but never before.
    Living MY dream.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Didn't he sing a song about two little boys.........?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    edited April 2013
    VTech wrote:

A lot of damage happens to people with these claims, the police should deal with them and if guilty let the world know but never before.

Nice idea in principle but it would all come out when someone is charged with the offence irrespective if they are later found guilty or innocent.

As for Matthew Kelly yes a sad state of affairs, though watch this clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD85YLJ2TTo as think it took some balls to go on a TV and confront someone in that way.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    redvee wrote:

I was thinking that as well.....

"Two little boys had two little toys" :shock:

It wasn't actually Rolf who came up with the words though.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • redvee wrote:
    And, for that matter, one about tying up kangaroos.
    Mangeur
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What, hello? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    VTech wrote:
    Same happened to Matthew Kelly, one of the great TV entertainers who was wrongly accused and it ruined his career.

Are you for real!?
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I actually agree with VTech, Matthew Kelly was an all rounder and could turn his hand to anything. He was probably a bit after his time with UK audiances less interested in variety type performances. Funnier than Bruce Forsyth by a mile.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    VTech wrote:

Are you for real!?

He is a brilliant actor - saw him in Becketts Endgame -with his son- not an easy role by any stretch - super.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Timmy Mallet is keeping his head down-and millions saw him abuse children every week.

(With a mallet)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • arran77
    nevman wrote:
    Timmy Mallet is keeping his head down-and millions saw him abuse children every week.

(With a mallet)

This would be the nail in the children's TV coffin for many people of a certain generation, Jimmy, Timmy and Rolf, whoever next, Pat Sharp and his 'fun house' :wink:

indexjko.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Can you guess what it is yet?

At this rate everyone in the 70's is going to be a fiddler.
  • redvee wrote:

And some bloke called Jake, who had a 'third leg'
  • arran77
    redvee wrote:

The man's finished, lock him up and throw away the key :wink:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Lessons to be learned here. Paint a dodgy picture of the Queen and face the consequences.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • solosuperia
    solosuperia Posts: 333
    At the moment isn't there some discussion about the police not naming people who are arrested.

I can see this would protect people like a few mentioned above which is a good thing if they are innocent, their names wont be sullied.
    But and it is a big but in my mind, is this the first step in creating "The Disappeared".
    I am concerned that the UK is becoming more and more tolitarian in the way it treats us plebs.
    Press freedom and all that.
  • redvee wrote:

plus he couldnt keep his hands of his didgeridoo...its all adding up :shock:
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Strewth. :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    VTech wrote:
    Dont believe a word of it, its disgusting what the media and police are doing.
    How can they link a "one off" incident 20+ years ago to the saville case ?

They are losing all respect from the general public who do not know what to believe.

The arrest of Rolf Harris as part of Operation Yewtree is a matter of fact. Whether he isg uilty of anything is a different matter. As is the question of whether suspects or victims should be named prior to a conviction in a case.

Operation Yewtree has 3 strands:
    1. Jimmy Saville - alone
    2. Jimmy Saville together with others
    3. Other related complaints that come about as a result of the investigation into Jimmy Saville

As I understand it the allegation against Rolf Harris falls into number 3
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • VTech
    I understand that but as anyone knows, once arrested it then doesnt matter if your innocent or guilty, your finished.
    Living MY dream.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    While a false accusation is awful, Kelly seems to have survived it quite well.
  • VTech
    ooermissus wrote:
    While a false accusation is awful, Kelly seems to have survived it quite well.

It cost him millions, he survived because he was innocent and because of the crowd in Birmingham one evening where they gave him a standing ovation. He was suicidal for a long time.
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Apparently it's one woman making an allegation.

Young women are always putting themselves in a position of vulnerability when in the company of celebs and vice/versa. Given the whole thing of the swinging sixties free love and all that tosh I think a lot of allegations made now have to be looked at with a sceptical eye.

Not for one second excusing sexual abuse I may add but why now?

I dare bet there are young girls chasing the likes of JLS/Olly Murrs or whoever now, who are lying through their back teeth to be in their idols company. Get my gist.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate
    Obviously have no way of knowing if those questioned are guilty or not. If they are then so be it, justice hopefully will be done.
    But these allegations apparently have been made by females who were women at the time. It may sound insensitive, but why wait in some cases, 40 years to come forward, thus raking up past memories?
    As I said,I don't wish to be insensitive, but I don't know how a case can be better made/defended after the passage of time.
  • VTech
    Everytime im at an event it happens.
    I had a girl around 20 years old come over to me and put her hand on my chest and tell me that she doesnt mind "doing affairs" !!
    This was a couple of years ago, I was in a nice car and she clearly saw the £££ signs.

Ive been in clubs where the hottest girls you have ever seen are like dogs after a hare, they see a target and BOOOOOOMMMM !!!!!
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:
    Everytime im at an event it happens.
    I had a girl around 20 years old come over to me and put her hand on my chest and tell me that she doesnt mind "doing affairs" !!
    This was a couple of years ago, I was in a nice car and she clearly saw the £££ signs.

Ive been in clubs where the hottest girls you have ever seen are like dogs after a hare, they see a target and BOOOOOOMMMM !!!!!

You do yourself a dis service VTech. Perhaps it was your suave good looks and your 'James Bond' lifestyle? :lol:
  • VTech
    Im 40, overweight, bald head.
    However much I would like to think you were right, my sad but straight minded head led me to believe that she thought I was a meal ticket.
    Living MY dream.