Finally Friday Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning peeps

For all you bumders that have proper jobs, rejoice, it's Friday. I'm off to Cannock for a bit, then I'm coming back and revisioning. Should be fun (Cannock, not the revision).

TTFN

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rejoice is my middle name on a friday :)

Lots of work meh followed by pub, thankfully!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    i'm off today, stuff to do of high importance like shopping and loafing!

hope all the workers enjoy their day!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Close shave this morning. I use my phone's alarm, and the battery died last night. Luckily, I give myself an hour to wake up in the mornings, and I managed to wake up with 30mins spare, so a bit of a rush, but I managed it. Means I get to have pastries for breakfast (no bacons, trying to be good.....ish) and had a 30min lie in - Win!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

I shall not be rejoicing as Friday is my Thursday this week, but hey ho. More train based tomfoolery today and a relatively short day at 8 and a half hours including meal breaks.

Yesterday i got my eye in and spotted the cmc. As i was sweaty and just finishing up and she was fresh and ready to start it was a fleeting rendezvous. That said, i may have to come out of stalking retirement ;o)

Anyway...if the good lord spares us and the creeks dont rise I shall exchange more pleasantries with you later........now get off my land
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

went out on the DH bikes last night with northern monkey and much fun was had.

TFIF 8)

that's about it really. a bit of work to do and maybe even a fried breakfast

laters
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Managed to somehow misplace a £20 note last night, so not in the best of moods when I dragged my arse into the office at 7am this morning. Oh well.. Lunch beers will help methinks.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Friday has arrived and in four hours time the weekend will begin. Got a rather posh cheese and wine to attend this evening so I'll have to be on my best behaviour (how do I get dragged into these things?) but after that I’m free to do whatever I want to do. I think there will be the usual mix of biking, beer and bacons.

Tired this morning so the early finish will give me time for a nap this afternoon.

Later……
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Mong touchers...

Wonder what is for lunch today... and mmm coffee.

Tidy was she Gaz? And Kev saw the vid love the kind of sliding splat of a crash!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Retardee's of the Crud.
    Busy week has been busy. Today i am at my own desk and i aint moving! (except to get bacons and maybe a trip to a LBS) Will be doing a little training with the minion later, but other than that, Work avoidance will be at full power.

Racing on sunday, first XC event this year for me, only doing an hour so should stay fun?

Lots of little parcels turning up today hopefully with lots of shiny things. but the TAG i ordered a couple of weeks ago hasnt and has been cancelled. will look into that again later.

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning Mong touchers...

And Kev saw the vid love the kind of sliding splat of a crash!

yeah, my front wheel washed out. good job that tree was there to break my fall!!!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

Today is a day of reflection. Given the antic of my boss yesterday I am weighing up whether or not to bury the b*stard.

Other than that the bike's in the car and I'm off round Tunstall this afternoon to expel some of the rage before my monitor finally fails to withstand my fist hitting it.

Woop!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    morning all,

TFIF and all that malarky. Hmm sausage and egg bap has been ordered and tea has been made so its not too bad :)

Theres a local made dirt bowl and small kind of pump track about five minutes from my house, but its bmx territory really (No GTs), so I've never really ventured. However, I wondered off about 100 yards from the pump track in to the trees and there is a massive freeridey section I've never seen! They've really done a good job as well - huge table tops and drops and about a thousand berms. Bike is still in the LBS atm, its been in there since last tues and when they took it they said it would be ready for that weekend, so if its not ready for this weekend then I am gna be pissed. Fingers crossed I get it back today at lunch so I can get over to the secret freeridey bit tonight!

thats all folks
  • Morning folks

Last day off work today but I still have the weekend to look forward too, did degla yesterday it was a good ride I have not been for a while, why is the climb up always wind against, bloody hell was it gusting it felt like I was riding backwards.

The b line was shut off which was disappointing, but the rest was still good fun. Bacon is on and coffee has been had, the Mrs's wants me to light the barbie later which I will probably do, just need to get some beer and meat.

Later people
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • VWsurfbum
    just popped to the post office to send some stuff and get cash for bacons, Had to walk past a charity shop, looking in as i walked i noticed the back of what looked like a decent amp.
    There it was an Onkyo amp with no price. Asked. £25 Reeeeeeeeeeeeesult.
    My man cave will now have some awesome sounds!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    just popped to the post office to send some stuff and get cash for bacons, Had to walk past a charity shop, looking in as i walked i noticed the back of what looked like a decent amp.
    There it was an Onkyo amp with no price. Asked. £25 Reeeeeeeeeeeeesult.
    My man cave will now have some awesome sounds!

I managed this with freecycle. Marantz CD, Nad amp and Projekt turntable all for the cost in petrol to Chelmsford.

• VWsurfbum
    Oh nice.
    Just looking for some speakers, as the Sony ones i have spare are OK but my good ones are connected to my Yammaha system in the lounge.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Oh nice.
    Just looking for some speakers, as the Sony ones i have spare are OK but my good ones are connected to my Yammaha system in the lounge.

You can get Mission bookshelf ones from eBay really cheap. Loads in London if you're able to collect. I went for some 751s, no grills andug stains on the top but for the price I paid I couldn't give a monkeys!

• VWsurfbum
    Yeah just been parusing Ebay for floor standers. might keep my eye open in the charity shops as well?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Yeah just been parusing Ebay for floor standers. might keep my eye open in the charity shops as well?

Gumtree and Preloved can be great too if you know what you're looking for, I snatched a decent pair of Tannoy floorstanders last year for £35 :)
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Yes finally Gaz spotted me and does know that I actually exist, that I do not have a conjoined twin and that I do not look like a young Claire Balding. The fact that he was sat right by the door so that he could see everyone walking in kinda made it easier for him I guess.

Cannot wait for today to be over. I am in a total FML mood at present. The amount of work coming in is crazy but there we go.

Looking forward to getting away from it all this weekend up in St Albans with my sister, wedding dress shopping because she still hasn't found exactly what she is looking for. Then off to watch the brother in law do the marathon on Sunday.

Hmmmm someone has just bought sweets for the office. This makes me happy.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    My sympathy on a weekend doing things for other people.
  • clamps81
    Lunchtime pints good. Two hours left. Post-work beers to look forward to as well and a weekend of bike related fun/toil ahead. Excellent. Just need to make myself look sufficiently busy for the next few hours.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• MissCMC
    Doing things as far away from the office as I can possibly get this weekend. Anything to stop me having to come into work.

Just hope that the sun stays out for the weekend as well. It's fun watching the marathon - some people have very odd running techniques.
  • Thewaylander
    i can imagine... mine is awesome it look alot like walking.
  • Gazlar
    i can imagine... mine is awesome it look alot like walking.

Im saying nowt.

Yeah I went back to basics and covered the entrance/exit to great effect.

And to answer Waylanders question "was she tidy then" (all it needed was a suffix of the word 'but' and he could have been a perma tanned Tonypandy rugby boy), if i may be so bold as to offer a compliment, miss cmc is a very beautuful and spoken (but not plummy) woman. To add to this her hair smelled lovely and felt soft like a kitten, in fact she was an all round delight to all the senses (apart from taste as thats something you only really discover if you are like Armin Meiwes or you are on a poorly scheduled wrekend break at the Bolton Central Travelodge with a young Elizabeth Arden representative)

Without wanting to speak out of turn or genralize crassly, however what i will say isthat she is far too good for any of you letcherous single crudders or indeed attached ones looking for an upgrade.

Sorry to describe you so objectively, but i simply couldnt ignore the elephant in the room.....especially as she nearly blocked my view of you as you walked in :)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • clamps81
    Can't be the crudcatcher. Not crass enough. Try again.

11 minutes 'till beer'o'clock pt2, the em-beerening.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• Thewaylander
    Doesn't need to be crass...

Sometimes creepy is far better.
  • MissCMC
    Why thank you Gaz. I think that's a compliment, but I'm not sure. I will say you weren't as scary or creepy as I thought you would be and were actually quite polite.

Hmmm housemate will be home this afternoon. Wonder if the bf will turn up or if the love affair is still all off...
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Why thank you Gaz. I think that's a compliment, but I'm not sure. I will say you weren't as scary or creepy as I thought you would be and were actually quite polite.

Yeah people say i'm polite and rarely late.......but shhhhh, i do have a reputation to keep, first you outstalk me and then you suggest im like some kind of gentleman.

And which are you not sure about, that you are an attractive lady or that youre too good for crudcatcher freaks? Clue, dont say the second part as no matter how much you ptactice your running, you will get trampled in a rush of horny internet bike nerds, i mean all i did was post a picture of me in drag in hereand i had to take a restraining order out on welshkev ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Well Gaz thank you, you are too kind etc etc. Don't know how you worked out I was well spoken when all I think I said was hello, but there we go.

Trying to look busy for the next hour looking at bits of paper which are not important and avoiding phone calls as much as I can...