One for Sky Fans not the haters

danlikesbikes
danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
edited April 2013 in Pro race
See below link for a survey that Sky are running regarding sports in the media & for responding entrants are in line possibly for a prize.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 55,00.html
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    they wanted a fair amount of detail... took me a while to type out all the pro cycling teams I was aware of!
  • danlikesbikes
    well I didn't want to put anyone off :-)

I too didn't think I could put "you know those blokes in the grey that were at the race the other day" thankfully managed to get my brain in gear
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    they wanted a fair amount of detail... took me a while to type out all the pro cycling teams I was aware of!

A Rapha musette at the very least for effort :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I wonder if they'll show the result of the 'who's your fave rider' to the team :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • danlikesbikes
    I wonder if they'll show the result of the 'who's your fave rider' to the team :lol:

Sadly probably not, but might use it to show more reports from riders not high on the radar but who work hard for the team.
  • Expected a bike as a prize. They'll just see the shipping prices and chuck my name out.
  • alihisgreat

It should be like 'Pointless' and I should get a prize for being the only one to mention some obscure teams :lol:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I'd better win, that took bloomin' ages!

I wonder how many people put "I trust the UCI" :-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

It should be like 'Pointless' and I should get a prize for being the only one to mention some obscure teams :lol:
    Ok. It's the final round and the category is teams that have ridden the Tour or Giro since 2000. What are your three choices? No Wiki.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243

I had a similar thought. Pretty sure Brest Iroise Cyclisme 2000 would be pointless even if Team Specialzed- Lululemon and Team Wiggle Honda were not.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    RichN95 wrote:

Ok. It's the final round and the category is teams that have ridden the Tour or Giro since 2000. What are your three choices? No Wiki.

Milram
    Gerolsteiner
    Domo-Farm Frites
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    DeadCalm wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Milram
    Gerolsteiner
    Domo-Farm Frites

If you say Gerolsteiner would it chuck you out for breaching the zero tolerance policy?
  • RichN95.
    DeadCalm wrote:

Milram
    Gerolsteiner
    Domo-Farm Frites

None of those are Pointless, I'm afraid.

I've actually looked through Wiki and picked out 14 Pointless answers.

Any team, by any name from 2000 Giro onwards. Obscure names for famous teams don't count (e.g. Memory Card for CSC/Saxo).

Cofidis is of course the most pointless team of them all - but that's not one of the answers.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    I started this but gave up after I realised that the info might end up in the hands of BSkyB, who might use this research to decide whether or not to grab coverage off Eurosport.

Eurosport vs. some crappy musette - no contest.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • RichN95 wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Milram
    Gerolsteiner
    Domo-Farm Frites

Any team, by any name from 2000 Giro onwards. Obscure names for famous teams don't count (e.g. Memory Card for CSC/Saxo).

Cofidis is of course the most pointless team of them all - but that's not one of the answers.

CCC Polsat
    Cinelli
    Fakta

All from memory, by the way. Now to check the wiki to see the rubbish even I have forgotten.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

CCC Polsat
    Cinelli
    Fakta

All from memory, by the way. Now to check the wiki to see the rubbish even I have forgotten.
    Two Pointless answers, clever clogs (Cinelli isn't one)
  • Julian Winn was the key to one of those, remember the comic making a big deal about him riding in the GB champs jersey.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • danlikesbikes
    Not a stats man & my memory is pretty rubbish from 2000 onwards but would guess;
    Linda McCartney
    Phonak
    Acqua & Sapone
  • Not a stats man & my memory is pretty rubbish from 2000 onwards but would guess;
    Linda McCartney
    Phonak
    Acqua & Sapone

A team that placed a rider 2nd and went on to a notorious drug bust and a World Champion's zebra striped outfit?

Bold claim.

Did Amore et Vita ever get into the Giro or was their "just say no" attitude problematic?

@gietvangent
  • danlikesbikes
    Not a stats man & my memory is pretty rubbish from 2000 onwards but would guess;
    Linda McCartney
    Phonak
    Acqua & Sapone

A team that placed a rider 2nd and went on to a notorious drug bust and a World Champion's zebra striped outfit?

Bold claim.

Did Amore et Vita ever get into the Giro or was their "just say no" attitude problematic?

Did say poor memory but the rules state 3 answers & only 1 needs to be pointless to win :-)
  • RichN95.
    Linda McCartney
    Phonak
    Acqua & Sapone
    None of them are Pointless (nor is Amore e Vita - a wrong answer)
  • alihisgreat
    I really don't know - 2000 onwards is a bit before my time! (I was only 8 in 2000 :mrgreen: )

So i was thinking about obscure current teams
  • Paul 8v
    pomtarr wrote:
    I started this but gave up after I realised that the info might end up in the hands of BSkyB, who might use this research to decide whether or not to grab coverage off Eurosport.

I did have that thought, I really hope not, I've seen there's been a few races on sky sports this season. I really don't want to have to pay £20 quid a month extra to watch bike races.
  • alihisgreat
    Paul 8v wrote:
    pomtarr wrote:

I did have that thought, I really hope not, I've seen there's been a few races on sky sports this season. I really don't want to have to pay £20 quid a month extra to watch bike races.

I love Sky Sports - worth it for me for the excellent Football and F1 coverage.
  • RichN95.
    For those playing at home let's have a look at those Pointless answers:

Cantina Tolla
    Vitalicio Seguros
    Aguardiente Nectar
    Mobilvetta
    Alexia
    Formaggi Trentini
    CCC Polsat
    Fakta
    Tenax
    Xacobeo Galicia
    Jean Delatour/RAGT
    Big Mat Auber
    Alessio
    Coast

Very well done if you got any of them at home.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Paul 8v wrote:
    pomtarr wrote:

Not really a grey area unfortunately. Sky Sports are stepping up their coverage and it's not done yet. Tour de Romandie and Tour de Suisse are both now in the hands of Sky Sports. Whether it's live or not, I don't know. Seen a suggestion that it will be.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:
    pomtarr wrote:

I love Sky Sports - worth it for me for the excellent Football and F1 coverage.

F1 is part of the HD package for me and I prefer the BBC for the races they show. Not fussed about football but I know it is good for that.
  • Paul 8v
    And also at a time where most people are trying to cut back an extra 240 quid a year because the racing has moved channels wouldn't be too welcome!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    They can't just "grab" the coverage.

They've been trying but there is a lot of stuff in their way. Eurosport have just renewed for most of the ASO and RCS races live. Sky at the moment at licensing highlights for that cycling tv web site
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    iainf72 wrote:
    They can't just "grab" the coverage.

They've been trying but there is a lot of stuff in their way.

Presumably they will hoover up events as and when they become available.
    Managed a pretty good haul of those Flanders races, flogged off by IMG .
    Not sure how Flanders itself escaped the net.
    IMG also manage the tv rights to the Tour de Suisse, (Romandie, I suspect, but know not)
    so not surprised to see it/them disappear into the uber-price zone.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Eurosport have just renewed for most of the ASO and RCS races live. Sky at the moment at licensing highlights for that cycling tv web site

RAI only secured the rights to the RCS race, with an 11th hour deal.
    Given Sky in Italy are second only to Sky UK and given the Italians love of cycling,
    I'd say that we are very lucky that the Giro, Tirreno-Adriatico, Lombardy, Strade Bianche
    didn't go the same way.

Best make the most of the next four years.........
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.