Thor's Day of Reckoning...

2»

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    if you hate your job that much why do you bother doing it? or do you just like to whinge?

today im reviewing a report about birds. nothing particularly interesting in it, surprisingly.

later i might do the tubeless conversion ive been meaning to do for the past month. Another puncture at Ae last weekend finally convinced me it needs doing.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I like my job. I enjoy my job. I wouldn't be without my job. It's fast paced and keeps me busy. Just sometimes, especially when there are 3 people leaving in the next couple of weeks, and I am out on courses or in meetings trying to sort out what to do with our caseloads it gets annoying as I just want to do my work and not sit around talking around in circles about things. I knew what I was getting into when choosing solicitor as a career. Work hard until you burn out and then relax as an equity partner while you have minions working hard to earn your money for you. :)

Now for some chocolate.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:
    I like my job. I enjoy my job. I wouldn't be without my job. It's fast paced and keeps me busy. Just sometimes, especially when there are 3 people leaving in the next couple of weeks, and I am out on courses or in meetings trying to sort out what to do with our caseloads it gets annoying as I just want to do my work and not sit around talking around in circles about things. I knew what I was getting into when choosing solicitor as a career. Work hard until you burn out and then relax as an equity partner while you have minions working hard to earn your money for you. :)

Now for some chocolate.

Sounds like you're missing out on far too much life IMHO.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

Now for some chocolate.

Sounds like you're missing out on far too much life IMHO.

Sounds like the perfect woman.......always out
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    MissCMC wrote:

Now for some chocolate.

I'd much prefer my job too if I didn't have to talk in circles with colleagues and clients (which I suppose is the 'consultant' bit in my job title), but its as much a part of the job as the interesting bit unfortunately.

It does sound to me like having more spare time when you're old is the wrong way round. You'll probably be working till you're about 80 anyway, so no rush to get everything done.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Clank wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Auditors finish today, massive MBA assignment handed in

Nice! 8)

Yep :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Auditors finish today, massive MBA assignment handed in - today is improving so let that continue with the pub later :)
    Alright for some, we just got our numbers finished off and now we've got auditors crawling all over them :roll: I need a bazooka. Luckily I've got staff as a first line of defence between me and the irritations..

New private equity owners means I couldn't use the normal defences :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,694
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Auditors finish today, massive MBA assignment handed in - today is improving so let that continue with the pub later :)
    Alright for some, we just got our numbers finished off and now we've got auditors crawling all over them :roll: I need a bazooka. Luckily I've got staff as a first line of defence between me and the irritations..

New private equity owners means I couldn't use the normal defences :(
    You mean they fired your minions? Too bad. Mind you, we are Japanese owned which brings its own set of fun and games...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]