Brabantse Pijl 2013 **Spoilers**

RonB
RonB Posts: 3,984
edited April 2013 in Pro race
Thought I would post this one up with a link to a live ticker to see if there is any interest...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/extra/sportwereld/live/wielrennen/2013/WREL2013-BRAPYL-RACE/live/

The startlist is on a tab on that last link. Map and profile...

http://bp.pro.p.assets.flandersclassics.be/files/586/original/bp2013-elite-men-map-profile.pdf?1364047839

Perhaps a training run for the likes of Sagan and Gilbert before Sunday but the race should be competitive in the later stages. I must confess I don't know much about this race.

Breakaway of 6 riders have around a minute on the peleton, but there is 140km to go!

Not sure if it is being picked up by Eurosport etc., later on this afternoon.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Highlights on Sky Sports 4 tonight
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Break includes Philip Deignan of Ireland. Also the reigning Algerian Under 23 road race champion, Youcef Reguigui and 2012 TDF Lanterne Rouge runner-up, Jan Ghyselinck plus some other Belgians.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    slightly off topic but as Iain mention Sky had highlights - Have sky got live Suisse and Romandy coverage this year instead of Eurosport? Sure that's what Brian Smith tweeted yesterday.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Sporza just starting up.....................
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    slightly off topic but as Iain mention Sky had highlights - Have sky got live Suisse and Romandy coverage this year instead of Eurosport? Sure that's what Brian Smith tweeted yesterday.
    I hope not. Always enjoy these 2 races and I don't have sky sports. oh well there's always cyclingtorrents
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I'm leuven it, leuven it leuven it - and its so can you - its here

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-5.php
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DeadCalm
    Riding on the pavement. To be banned for next year.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ridiculous rule.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Ridiculous rule.

'Elf n Safety innit.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Ridiculous rule.

'Elf n Safety innit.

So between bunny hopping onto pavement and crashing??

Pfft.

No more Oscar Freire style attacks.
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    Riding on the pavement. To be banned for next year.

And Leukemans breaths a sigh of relief.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    They gonna ban riding on cobbles too?

Quite dangerous that.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Maximum speed next. Riding fast is dangerous too.

Make everything an audax.
  • inkyfingers
    Ridiculous rule.

'Elf n Safety innit.

Pfft.

I'm not generally in favour of banning stuff, but imagine the insurance mess that would occur if a rider, riding on the pavement caused serious injury to a fan who was stood on the pavement.

I remember thinking that when Langeveld hit the fan during a race last year they probably ought to stop riders doing it. As impressive as it looks it was very dangerous as the fans wouldn't necessarily be expecting to see a rider coming from that direction. It's a road race, they should stick to the road, that way everybody knows where they stand. If a spectator gets clobbered because he's standing on the road then it's his fault, if a rider hits a fan standing on the pavement then it's the riders fault.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Ridiculous rule.

'Elf n Safety innit.

Pfft.

I'm not generally in favour of banning stuff, but imagine the insurance mess that would occur if a rider, riding on the pavement caused serious injury to a fan who was stood on the pavement.

I remember thinking that when Langeveld hit the fan during a race last year they probably ought to stop riders doing it. As impressive as it looks it was very dangerous as the fans wouldn't necessarily be expecting to see a rider coming from that direction. It's a road race, they should stick to the road, that way everybody knows where they stand. If a spectator gets clobbered because he's standing on the road then it's his fault, if a rider hits a fan standing on the pavement then it's the riders fault.

Dat.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    They gonna ban riding on cobbles too?

Quite dangerous that.
    It's very safe for the spectators though.

The road is for cyclists - the pavement is for spectators. Everyone knows where they should be. Simple.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I'd be quite happy to see riding behind spectators banned. The pavement, meh.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    But how often does a rider choose to ride on the pavement? 99.9% of the time it's evasive action to avoid something else.
  • DeadCalm
    LOL, Hermans driving the break that his teammate Devolder is chasing. Do they have radios?
  • inkyfingers
    DeadCalm wrote:
    LOL, Hermans driving the break that his teammate Devolder is chasing. Do they have radios?

No
  • DeadCalm
    Puncture Gilbert.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Puncture Gilbert.

Bit of a mess that wheel change and LOL at the kid in the background.
  • RonB
    edited April 2013
    Just before a hill too. Time to get a bit of help from the cars to get back in the group since no team-mates seemed to stay back.

ah yes! the saddle adjustment :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Puncture Gilbert.

Funny fan, but Phil definitely not amused.
    Awful change...........time for the magic spanner.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DeadCalm
    LOL and now BMC driving the peloton with Gilbert struggling to get back on.
  • inkyfingers
    Highlights on Sky not till11.30PM, if they want to win over cycling fans they'll have to do better than that.
  • RonB
    edited April 2013
    Sagan dropping back for team car there?

edit - bike change!
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Ah Gilbert must mean business now - he has a WC colours piss-pot, instead of the standard black and red one. :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    cannondale team car driving like the sweeney there :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rick_chasey
    How's Gilbert looking??