Hows my setup look **New Pics**

2»

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Get a bike fit.. its worth the £100-£200 in the long run.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    Get a bike fit.. its worth the £100-£200 in the long run.

Or at a minimum do some t'internet trawling for bike fit help (youtube etc), there is some stuff out there to at least get you to a half decent position then see how you feel once riding. ie if you have any problems and cant solve it then maybe stump up for a bike fit.
    Or if you have the cash just go for bike fit from the start! :)
    Cheers, Stu
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Your position looks better, but you still haven't got out of the kitchen. ;-)
    Cycling weakly
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Saddle is too high. Old pic for saddle height was better.

Also, you aren't sitting on the saddle properly, you seem to be drifting forward - too stretched?
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    to me, the shifters look like they are too far forward. I'm guessing that you've got quite a lot of weight on your wrists and hence the front wheel with them like that. The bar itself looks about right though so don't just tilt the whole thing up.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Well done to the photographer. Must have been quite tricky snapping you at the same point each time as you sped through the kitchen.

+ several to lowering the saddle a bit.
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    The seat height looks about right to me, it would be necessary to see the OP riding to be sure.

A longer stem might be helpful, to provide more space for the knees, chest and arms.

Paul
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Too many variables here,for me i would ride as it is and note where it hurts etc,tweek abit and go from there if that doesn't help then maybe change frame size,for me if nothing else worked after all that i would have a go at a bike fitting and see what they came up with,it'a a choice of time and money.
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    If you ride with the seat at that height and that much extension to your leg get ready for posterior knee problems bro.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Looks much better. Your back is closer to 45deg on the hoods but your leg may be too straight. Your back of knee will ache if it is. Perhaps lower the saddle in 5mm bites and see how it feels.

Actually, go ride and see how it feels!
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Mullet52
    Mullet52 Posts: 45
    I lowered the seat 1/2 inch. Rode it to work and back today(24 miles). Feels ok so far. Think I need to bring the hoods up a tiny bit though
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    pride4ever wrote:
    If you ride with the seat at that height and that much extension to your leg get ready for posterior knee problems bro.
    I drew lines on the photo. If the photo represents mullet's actual pedalling style then he is likely to be fine, but individuals obviously vary.

I think my seat height is proportionally similar, a bike fit which involved some video, protractors and plumb lines confirmed it, and I don't get hurt. When my saddle is lower I find I want to raise it. In all these things I think scepticism, willingness to try alternatives and iteration of variables is necessary. And this needs to be ongoing as your fitness and body changes and ages. IMO at least.

Paul
  • Woody_FX
    Woody_FX Posts: 8
    Looks good!
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Never mind all that - tell us what it's like being Freddie Flintoff's secret twin...