Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Torm

1235»

Posts

  • ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 25,269
    Navrig wrote:
    I have Rapha, Colomba and Torm jerseys... if I have to rate them for sheer quality, I'd say

    1) Colomba
    2) Rapha
    3) Torm

    If I had to rate them by value for money

    1) Colomba
    2) Torm
    3) Rapha

    The fact that I rate Torm less than Rapha is mainly due to the design of the rear pockets, they are very tiny for my needs, the middle especially is very narrow. Both Rapha and Torm sportwool is inferior to Colomba's one, which is richer in wool and just feels nicer... of course the Colomba range is very limited compared to the others

    I hadn't heard of Colomba until your post so I had a look on line.

    They sell 4 jerseys. 2 are out of stock and the particular page for those jerseys has had all the photos taken down so you cannot even see what they look like.

    The 2 that are in stock are very poorly photographed and you cannot see the detailing or finishing particularly well.

    One of the poorest websites I have seen for a long time. Pity because if their jerseys are as good as you suggest thay are not selling them at all well.

    I agree... I bought the italian one 2-3 years ago... it is still in as new conditions... absolutely great jersey and 60% wool, instead of 35-40% of Torm and Rapha. I don't know why they don't put more effort in their marketing, might be they don't have the time or the resources.
  • matt-hmatt-h Posts: 847
    I have just bought the Torm T7
    What a nice jersey - especially compared to the standard style of jersey.

    I went for the large as I was a bit in between sizes but the collar is a little loose.
    I think the medium may be a little small but might order one anyway and keep the best fitting.

    Before I do though,do these jerseys shrink a little due to the wool?
    I don't want to get a tight fitting one the wash it have to give it to the Mrs - happened to my ride London one :roll:

    Matt
  • lakesludditelakesluddite Posts: 1,321
    matt-h wrote:
    I have just bought the Torm T7
    What a nice jersey - especially compared to the standard style of jersey.

    I went for the large as I was a bit in between sizes but the collar is a little loose.
    I think the medium may be a little small but might order one anyway and keep the best fitting.

    Before I do though,do these jerseys shrink a little due to the wool?
    I don't want to get a tight fitting one the wash it have to give it to the Mrs - happened to my ride London one :roll:

    Matt

    My T2 has not shrunk in the wash at all, it's been washed a few times, if that helps?
  • petemadocpetemadoc Posts: 2,667
    Navrig wrote:
    I have Rapha, Colomba and Torm jerseys... if I have to rate them for sheer quality, I'd say

    1) Colomba
    2) Rapha
    3) Torm

    If I had to rate them by value for money

    1) Colomba
    2) Torm
    3) Rapha

    The fact that I rate Torm less than Rapha is mainly due to the design of the rear pockets, they are very tiny for my needs, the middle especially is very narrow. Both Rapha and Torm sportwool is inferior to Colomba's one, which is richer in wool and just feels nicer... of course the Colomba range is very limited compared to the others

    I hadn't heard of Colomba until your post so I had a look on line.

    They sell 4 jerseys. 2 are out of stock and the particular page for those jerseys has had all the photos taken down so you cannot even see what they look like.

    The 2 that are in stock are very poorly photographed and you cannot see the detailing or finishing particularly well.

    One of the poorest websites I have seen for a long time. Pity because if their jerseys are as good as you suggest thay are not selling them at all well.

    I agree... I bought the italian one 2-3 years ago... it is still in as new conditions... absolutely great jersey and 60% wool, instead of 35-40% of Torm and Rapha. I don't know why they don't put more effort in their marketing, might be they don't have the time or the resources.

    My wife bought me a Colomba jersey for Christmas once. It was awesome, my favourite jersey but sadly got written off in a crash :( I tried to buy another one but they have pretty much zero stock on their website and it's been like that for months now.

    Might give these Torm jerseys a go instead.
  • e17bladee17blade Posts: 214
    I got a black/yellow T1 jersey recently and really like it a lot. The sizing guide on the website worked a treat, I really like the material and it seems good value for money.

    When I next need/want another jersey I am pretty sure I will get another one from Torm.


    Dave
  • TormTorm Posts: 234
    matt-h wrote:
    I have just bought the Torm T7
    What a nice jersey - especially compared to the standard style of jersey.

    I went for the large as I was a bit in between sizes but the collar is a little loose.
    I think the medium may be a little small but might order one anyway and keep the best fitting.

    Before I do though,do these jerseys shrink a little due to the wool?
    I don't want to get a tight fitting one the wash it have to give it to the Mrs - happened to my ride London one :roll:

    Matt
    If you use the recommended washing conditions of 30C then the jerseys will not shrink...the Mrs will have to buy her own !
  • NavrigNavrig Posts: 1,352
    petemadoc wrote:

    My wife bought me a Colomba jersey for Christmas once. It was awesome, my favourite jersey but sadly got written off in a crash :( I tried to buy another one but they have pretty much zero stock on their website and it's been like that for months now.

    From a brief email exchange I had with them I don't think that situation is going to change anytime soon.

    I've two Torm tops (but the weather has been too good for the long sleeve) and would recommend them.
  • hugo15hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    First ride out in my new Torm T1 top today. Overall I'm really pleased with it. The fit is excellent and it feels really well made. Only slight gripe is that the pockets could do with being a bit bigger.
  • matt-hmatt-h Posts: 847
    Torm wrote:
    matt-h wrote:
    I have just bought the Torm T7
    What a nice jersey - especially compared to the standard style of jersey.

    I went for the large as I was a bit in between sizes but the collar is a little loose.
    I think the medium may be a little small but might order one anyway and keep the best fitting.

    Before I do though,do these jerseys shrink a little due to the wool?
    I don't want to get a tight fitting one the wash it have to give it to the Mrs - happened to my ride London one :roll:

    Matt
    If you use the recommended washing conditions of 30C then the jerseys will not shrink...the Mrs will have to buy her own !
    Ha ha.

    i will order a medium today then decide which to send back if thats ok

    Matt
  • HaughjdHaughjd Posts: 93
    Yesterday I got my first jersey from them. I went for the LS T5 as I thought the long sleeves would see me thru the colder months. I can't praise both the product and customer service high enough. I went for a size L, after consulting their sizing chart. And it's perfect for me. Standing straight up in a room the arms feel a little long, but I suspect thats because they're designed for you being on the bike. And that's a good thing. Other jerseys look so censored compared to this it's going to be tough to wear anything else.

    Love it. Keep up the good work guys.
  • rollemynotrollemynot Posts: 436
    rollemynot wrote:
    Get a T2 in the new cool blue....... That's what I would get if I was allowed....... :-(

    Just been given the green light by swmbo....T2 being ordered for my birthday, arm warmers will have to wait for Santa....
  • TormTorm Posts: 234
    Haughjd wrote:
    Yesterday I got my first jersey from them. I went for the LS T5 as I thought the long sleeves would see me thru the colder months. I can't praise both the product and customer service high enough. I went for a size L, after consulting their sizing chart. And it's perfect for me. Standing straight up in a room the arms feel a little long, but I suspect thats because they're designed for you being on the bike. And that's a good thing. Other jerseys look so censored compared to this it's going to be tough to wear anything else.

    Love it. Keep up the good work guys.

    Thanks, me and Al look forward to hearing how it performs.
  • TormTorm Posts: 234
    rollemynot wrote:
    rollemynot wrote:
    Get a T2 in the new cool blue....... That's what I would get if I was allowed....... :-(

    Just been given the green light by swmbo....T2 being ordered for my birthday, arm warmers will have to wait for Santa....
    Just got your signed autherisation...you must have been good this summer !
  • matt-hmatt-h Posts: 847
    matt-h wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    matt-h wrote:
    I have just bought the Torm T7
    What a nice jersey - especially compared to the standard style of jersey.

    I went for the large as I was a bit in between sizes but the collar is a little loose.
    I think the medium may be a little small but might order one anyway and keep the best fitting.

    Before I do though,do these jerseys shrink a little due to the wool?
    I don't want to get a tight fitting one the wash it have to give it to the Mrs - happened to my ride London one :roll:

    Matt
    If you use the recommended washing conditions of 30C then the jerseys will not shrink...the Mrs will have to buy her own !
    Ha ha.

    i will order a medium today then decide which to send back if thats ok

    Matt

    The medium fit was much better and the comfort while riding is awesome.
    Is was nice having an understated jersey. it Also washed fine 8)

    The Large has been returned recorded delivery today

    Matt
  • Not trying to troll, but I tried on a Rapha Classic Jersey in Condor Cycles today. I can't really see a good reason to buy one for the price of 2 Torm jerseys. :?
  • Paulj700Paulj700 Posts: 76
    I tried on and returned a number of Jerseys from most of the well known brands before I discovered Torm. Other jerseys seem to have a pretty brutal racing snake cut to them.

    Bought a T1 and so far love it. Seems well made, is comfy and nicely designed. Like the retro looks too.
  • meursaultmeursault Posts: 1,476
    What is the difference between the T products? (Apart from s/s or l/s)

    Are there different fabric thicknesses or cuts? Apologies if on website, but I can't see it.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

    Voltaire
  • dowtchadowtcha Posts: 427
    There is no difference between the short sleeve jersey outside from the styling. A long sleeve meduim is also equal to a short sleeve large in fit. I dropped them a mail a few weeks ago before I bought a T2 in black. I went for a large and the fit for me is good, I'm 5 9, 75kg and around 39 chest. They have also got some nice long sleeve base layers which I may pick up when I buy another jersey.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    just received my T8 in black/white, great jersey!
  • I am another conversion as well. My club kit is a bargain, but this is more reasonable than that.

    Personally I am a fan of the pocket system. The skinny one in the middle takes an inner tube and my smart phone. The zip pockets take my coins and cards perfectly.
  • lakesludditelakesluddite Posts: 1,321
    Yup, me too for the Torm love-in.

    Just got a long-sleeved T5 in black for the forthcoming Autumn (to add to the T2 I already had), and I think it's fantastic - I've never had Rapha, but I suspect these are similar quality at half the price. This probably won't be the last one I get either, quite fancy a yellow T2 as well!

    Keep up the good work Mr Torm.
  • rollemynotrollemynot Posts: 436
    Torm wrote:
    rollemynot wrote:
    rollemynot wrote:
    Get a T2 in the new cool blue....... That's what I would get if I was allowed....... :-(

    Just been given the green light by swmbo....T2 being ordered for my birthday, arm warmers will have to wait for Santa....
    Just got your signed autherisation...you must have been good this summer !

    Santa came early........ Cheers guys, best service I have ever experienced. Oh and the jersey is a perfect fit - thanks for the advice. :D
  • goonzgoonz Posts: 3,106
    Hi when will the Grey and white T5 in Medium be back in stock? Am wanting to pull the trigger on it.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • :wink: Free bump........ Cap in hand
  • Picked up a green/red/white T8 long sleeve for the autumn recently. Just as nice as my T7 and a great fit, its my new go-to jersey with the current weather, love it.

    If anyone is thinking about going for a Torm, don't, just do it!
  • jordan_217jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    goonz wrote:
    Hi when will the Grey and white T5 in Medium be back in stock? Am wanting to pull the trigger on it.

    It was discontinued....
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • yellowv2yellowv2 Posts: 237
    Is anyone able to offer a comparison with Shutt VR jerseys,as they are actually manufactured in England. More expensive I know.
  • yellowv2 wrote:
    Is anyone able to offer a comparison with Shutt VR jerseys,as they are actually manufactured in England. More expensive I know.

    I have both and tbh there's not a lot of difference quality-wise, but the zip on the torm is definitely better. I find the torm to be a bit more breathable too, but they're both great products.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    yellowv2 wrote:
    Is anyone able to offer a comparison with Shutt VR jerseys,as they are actually manufactured in England. More expensive I know.
    Don't get me started on Shutt VR, just buy a Torm ...
  • yellowv2yellowv2 Posts: 237
    giant man wrote:
    yellowv2 wrote:
    Is anyone able to offer a comparison with Shutt VR jerseys,as they are actually manufactured in England. More expensive I know.
    Don't get me started on Shutt VR, just buy a Torm ...
    Please start ?
Sign In or Register to comment.