Torm

Comments

• Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    goonz wrote:
    Any chance for a cheeky discount for your BR faithful Torm? ;)

Be a great way to steal some custom from the Rapha lovers... :)
    I've got a sale on right now so you can get a SportWool Base layer, a SportWool jersey and a pair of arm warmers for less than 80 quid....that's already quite a discount compared to other SportWool manufacturers!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Any chance of a link to the sale? Not showing on the site? Cheers
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Torm
    goonz wrote:
    Any chance of a link to the sale? Not showing on the site? Cheers
    Check out the products page, the T3, T4 and the T6 are on sale at the moment http://www.torm.cc/products.html
  • muzzan
    muzzan Posts: 203
    Just thought I would say that I received my jersey today & it looks terrific, love the style & the feel of it. Really glad I went for a large as they seem to be quite slim fitting. Had a hunch that these kind of tops would be so suppressed the urge (& ego) to go for a medium which I am in most "normal" tops. What I would say is that while the length is perfect for me @ 5' 9", I would think if you were much taller it would start to get a bit on the short side?

FYI you can fit a large smart phone (Galaxy s3) in the zipped pockets, though not with its protective case on. With the case on it fits nicely in the middle pocket.

Putting it properly to the test tomorrow on a longish ride & if it performs as well as it looks I can see myself getting a couple more of these :-)
  • js14
    js14 Posts: 198
    Torm wrote:
    It's not a very large market, I'm surprised they are not available in the Netherlands, they are known for being taller than average...how tall is extra tall ?
    Quoting from the Aerotech site : a jersey in a 42" chest size measures 33.5" for the back length, measured from collar to hem. And from memory, a long sleeved jersey would be about 36" measured from the collar to the ends of the sleeve.

For anyone who thinks length is not a problem, try temporarily shortening your sleeves and jersey length by a couple of inches using a few safety pins and then go out for a ride in the cold and see how it feels...

Thanks Gabriel for the Gore and Craft tip. The Gore stuff which I tried on last year still seemed to be too small but maybe Craft will be better.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    How tall are you and what chest size?

The Gore road cycling range is meant to look a bit short when standing up but should be ok once on the bike. It is meant to be this way. If you want it a bit more relaxed the mtb range still looks good and its a bit longer. The sleeves are long enough for both Craft and Gore.

The craft in large is even longer at the body than the gore so it might be better but in my opinion they are a tad too long (even with my long body) hence my slight preference for Gore.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    can anyone give an idea on someone who is 6' on the size? more the length as a medium in rapha short sleeve is a perfect fit for me but with the increase in there prices may well give a torm top a try.
    cheers.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    i went for the large and it's a good fit. room for a base layer under the jersey.
    I'm 6ft 1 and length-wise it seems bob on (to me)
  • Steve236
    Steve236 Posts: 212
    I'm 5'11" and I got a T4 in medium which is very snug - probably what would be considered race fit. Length wise I think it will be just about right with bib shorts (I haven't tried it properly yet).

Its my first proper jersey and I'm still getting my head around the "snug-ness" of bike clothing so I'm maybe not the best judge.
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    nice one thanks , discussions to commence on adding to the wardrobe , may have to go via monsoon or similar first as the cycling stash was subject of comment recently.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I've just taken delivery of a T2 Jersey in medium and the fit is absolutely bang on the money for me. I'm 70KG, 5' 8", 31" Waist and 15" collar.

The style is exactly what I wanted which is understated and classical. The comparisons to Rapha are obvious and I fail to see how a garment costing at least twice as much can be twice as good. The only critique is the centre pocket isn't wide enough to fit my Caddy Sack pouch with everything in it so I'm going to have to redistribute some gear to other parts of the jersey.

I'll be ordering another in the not to distant.

Cheers
    P
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I'd be interested to hear what you lot think about the moisture wicking properties. With a base layer it's fine, but I do think my Torm holds sweat way more than my jerseys from other brands.
  • PaulMon wrote:
    I've just taken delivery of a T2 Jersey in medium and the fit is absolutely bang on the money for me. I'm 70KG, 5' 8", 31" Waist and 15" collar.

The style is exactly what I wanted which is understated and classical. The comparisons to Rapha are obvious and I fail to see how a garment costing at least twice as much can be twice as good. The only critique is the centre pocket isn't wide enough to fit my Caddy Sack pouch with everything in it so I'm going to have to redistribute some gear to other parts of the jersey.

I'll be ordering another in the not to distant.

Cheers
    P

Just ordered a T5 in a Small, judging by your measurements it should fit me fine as I'm slightly smaller than you.
    Planet X XLS 2013
    Planet X London Road 2015
  • I'm 5' 11" and have Torm ss jersey in size medium which fits spot on. I have Rapha ss jerseys too and (for me), the latter pips it quality wise. BUT....Torm's are half the price. So I have more Torms than Raphas :lol:

I excitedly popped a couple of the plain ss jerseys in their sale into the basket....and then realised that they are out of stock! Shame.
    Never mistake motion for action
    Tweet@gmunrop69
    Trainerroad - GMan69
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Why has Bike Radar never done a review of any Torm clothing?

Is it down to the lack of advertising by Torm - or am I being suspicious!

Anyway I have a T5 - and I would give it 5 stars if I was a BR reviewer.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    When is the new range coming in?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • I received two parcels today, one from Rapha and one from Torm.

The Rapha one was ordered 16 days ago, the Torm one was ordered yesterday lunch time.

So the service from Torm speaks for itself really. The quality of the jersey is excellent too, well constructed, good zips, understated design, just what I was looking for.

I'll definitely be a returning customer.
    Planet X XLS 2013
    Planet X London Road 2015
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Ha!

I think Torm owe me a jersey or two for starting this thread. Everyone is buying them now :D
  • Torm
    markyone wrote:
    When is the new range coming in?
    Next delivery due in May....and another in July....just working on the Winter 2013 range !
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    The Torm customer service I've just experienced is excellent
    I moaned a bit in this thread that I couldn't get on with the sizing. They immediately sent me an email saying that they would swap my medium for a large. I didn't take advantage of the offer because I didn't see the email for a while and I'll probably give it to a slimmer friend.
    I ordered a nice blue jersey this week. Got an email asking if I wanted complimentary arm warmers as I've ordered a few jerseys previously. It all arrived two days later and looks and fits great.
    The moral of the story is that Torm are a very good company to deal with.
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    I've been hovering over the torm buy button for a while - i'm now convinced to give them a try for a new summer s/s jersey.
  • snipsnap
    Resplendent in Torm base, jersey and arm warmers for this morning's early ride out. The use of s/s jersey and arm warmers was optimistic for a ride over Belmont, but I was desperate to try em out.

Really pleased with the Torm gear. Looks and performs really well, I maintained temp well. Either I have skinny boney girly arms or I'm doing something wrong with the arm warmers though, one of them rode down a couple of times. Minor quibble. Everything else totally bob on and I'll be ordering more soon
  • Torm
    morrisje wrote:
    The Torm customer service I've just experienced is excellent
    I moaned a bit in this thread that I couldn't get on with the sizing. They immediately sent me an email saying that they would swap my medium for a large. I didn't take advantage of the offer because I didn't see the email for a while and I'll probably give it to a slimmer friend.
    I ordered a nice blue jersey this week. Got an email asking if I wanted complimentary arm warmers as I've ordered a few jerseys previously. It all arrived two days later and looks and fits great.
    The moral of the story is that Torm are a very good company to deal with.
    Thanks for your kind words, me and Al know sizing is more of an issue with cycling jerseys than casual clothes so we are always happy to help.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Chapeau - to you and Al...

Awesome service - provides exceptional value in these tough times.
  • Bought a T1 on Wednesday, mainly on basis of the good things said here. It arrived today, looks great. Nicely made, carefully designed and I reckon very good for the money.
  • philwint
    Torm wrote:
    Next delivery due in May....and another in July....just working on the Winter 2013 range !

Any updates on the new colours?

I just checked in as i need a couple more jerseys and am waiting to see what the new ones look like
  • snipsnap
    philwint wrote:
    Torm wrote:

I just checked in as i need a couple more jerseys and am waiting to see what the new ones look like

Phil,

The torm guys have tweeted a couple of images if youre on there?

The new ones are available to order now. Quite liking the new colors. Will make a nice change potentially from my mainly black kit.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    snipsnap wrote:
    philwint wrote:
    Torm wrote:

Phil,

The torm guys have tweeted a couple of images if youre on there?

The new ones are available to order now. Quite liking the new colors. Will make a nice change potentially from my mainly black kit.

Looks like other colours such as Black and Yellow, and Yellow and Black are available on the T1 for example:
    http://www.torm.cc/t1.html

The trouble is, unless I am being blind, that there are no pics of the new colour schemes - hopefully I am being blind and they are in plain site somewhere!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • philwint
    Some pics on twitter, I think i'll get the yellow with black :)

BLCTkQMCYAAnKWj.jpgBLCy3QgCAAAkXMr.jpg
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    And the new blue T2

BLC5V8aCYAASnK8.jpg