Cheap but good glasses

2»

Comments

• I managed to pick up a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for about 70 quid this weekend. Luckily there's an Oakley Outlet within driving distance for me.
    2015 Specialized Tarmac Expert Ultegra
    2016 Focus Mares CX Ultegra
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp Carbon 29
    2012 Boardman Road Race 105
    2013 Specialized Hardrock Disc
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    menthel wrote:
    I got some Avenir Smoke ones from amazon. £20 inc 4 different lenses. Not cycled in them yet but just run 11k in them and they were great. Light, gripped my head well and gave good protection in the brief hour of sunshine we just had. I would recommend at that price!

+1 for the Avenirs. Bought them recently and at £20 they are an absolute bargain. Check out the review on BR-4.5 stars!

They look the part and unlike the fakelys really do have UV protection!
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Another vote for Bolle Contour from me.

I have three pairs.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I bought a couple of the Lidl pairs, for the price really cant fault them, i am forever loosing, breaking or scratching the things so they need to be cheap as i get through 3 or 4 pairs a year.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • £32 from Merlin cycles

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/a ... asses.html

Excellent fitting, good looking and cheap enough for you to not bother too much if they fall on the ground.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Some really good options being thrown about here. All reasonably affordable. Which just goes to show, why would anyone spend over £100 on something like Oakley Jawbones for example which have got to be the most fu@k ugly things on the market? All you need are a good fit and UV protection and thats all.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    SoSimple wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    I got some Avenir Smoke ones from amazon. £20 inc 4 different lenses. Not cycled in them yet but just run 11k in them and they were great. Light, gripped my head well and gave good protection in the brief hour of sunshine we just had. I would recommend at that price!

+1 for the Avenirs. Bought them recently and at £20 they are an absolute bargain. Check out the review on BR-4.5 stars!

They look the part and unlike the fakelys really do have UV protection!

I am just beginning to discover the full joys of these glasses. I don't wear glasses but these with the colourless lenses in are a godsend in the cold, windy weather we are having at present. Makes cycling so much more comfortable.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Kidge004
    Kidge004 Posts: 123
    Check out the Salice 006 glasses! So comfy, interchangeable lenses and are only £70. Made out of the same materials as Oakley too....
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Kidge004 wrote:
    Check out the Salice 006 glasses! So comfy, interchangeable lenses and are only £70. Made out of the same materials as Oakley too....

In case you didnt know, all Ray-ban, Oakley, Police, etc who make big brand frames, lenses are made by a company called Luxottica. They supply so many names big or small its hard to tell the difference between a £30 or a £130 pair of glasses less the design of the frame. And if you look, some of the bigger names look rubbish, all cos of a name tag on the side