Tacx I-Flow Advice

Gren82
Gren82 Posts: 48
I've just pushed the button on a Tacx i-Flow VR trainer in an attempt to get some structured evening training in now my newborn is sapping away the weekends.

Delivery won't be until late next week but in the mean time I have a question regarding the steering unit. Basically do I have to use it? Can i get away with removing it and shoving it in the loft, as in a few months we'll be moving into a much smaller house and storage could be an issue (and not having to muck about taking my front wheel off appeals massively... )

Also if you can point me at some cheap RLV that will work with the i-flow that would be appreciated :mrgreen:

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Im assuming it ships with TTS4? No need for the steering frame if you plan on just doing RLV's. even with the VR courses I think it isn't needed. Bike24.com is a very good place for RLV's. I ordered five on Sunday and received them today, most of them were around 22-25€, which is by far the cheapest I've found.
  • Gren82
    Gren82 Posts: 48
    Thanks for that those vids are much cheaper. How are you getting on with the tts4 software? I'm thinking of installing it on my laptop and piping it via hdmi to my TV for RLV but I've heard horror stories about spec requirements. Didn't really want to have to relocate my desktop PC