HR spiked to 220 today..now a tad worried..

2»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I've felt my heart race a couple of times - not to the OP's extent though ...

It "normally" happens if I'm planning on putting a bit of effort in - then I can feel the change in anticipation ... which is a bit of an arse because it makes me scale back the effort!!
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    sancho_uk wrote:

That said i guess its all relative depending on the individual with lots of factors to include. (im 30 so hopefully i shouldnt be too concerned about 160)

Max heart rate is based on your age and there are a number of formulae used to calculate zones - but....everyone has a different level, even people of the same age so it's not an exact science.

At 49, I can get to 160-165 for short bursts in a spin class but haven't managed to get to that level on the road. Mind you I'm a southern softie and don't think I've climbed anything that could be called a serious hill yet!
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Quick update..went the docs today and had a chat and some checks and he basically had no idea what it was or any reason why it happened.On fully explaining what happened he said Im fine and nothing to worry about.Basic advice was carry on normal and see if it happens again.I asked if I am safe to carry on cycling and he said,"Yes,keep at it as its very good for you".
    So went home and had some brews then went out and did 26mile in the freezing cold and every thing was as normal,though I didn,t push it and just had a comfortable ride.
    HAPPY DAYS and much relief.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Glad to hear it :D
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Garmin HRM's did have a problem and as soon as I called them about it they sent me a new HRM and didn't even ask for the old one back, they were aware of that some HRMS were recording falsely, if it is is within warranty then give them a call, mine went up to 250+ and I knew it could be that high.

HTH
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Canny lad wrote:
    Glad to hear it :D
    thanks Canny lad.

IT wasn,t a garmin item.I use a seperate strap and watch type.
    cheers.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • nmt
    nmt Posts: 88
    Nice one elderone good to hear :)
  • MattyDeez
    MattyDeez Posts: 54
    elderone wrote:
    Quick update..went the docs today and had a chat and some checks and he basically had no idea what it was or any reason why it happened.On fully explaining what happened he said Im fine and nothing to worry about.Basic advice was carry on normal and see if it happens again.I asked if I am safe to carry on cycling and he said,"Yes,keep at it as its very good for you".
    So went home and had some brews then went out and did 26mile in the freezing cold and every thing was as normal,though I didn,t push it and just had a comfortable ride.
    HAPPY DAYS and much relief.

Exactly what he said to me... i cut out all the artificial sweetners and crap that i use on the ride, and it's helped me.