halfords £200 road bike

13»

Comments

• Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    apreading wrote:
    There is a world of difference between these and the Apollo ones and supermarket specials. There are entry level 'proper' bikes, as opposed to junk. You could probably find a Giant Defy on ebay for this price too.

I hear what you're saying but these used TDF's are probably going on EBAY for between £200 and £300 which is ridiculous considering you can usually buy a spanker for £300.

I personally would not buy a supermarket special for my riding because I agree that Halfords and Tribans are much better and don't break the bank. But I also think that if someone only had £125 then I would say go for the Tesco bike as you'll still get a road riding experience even if it is on the lowest rung of the quality ladder.
  • Bustacapp
    zx6man wrote:
    I got my tdf for 260 in the bank hols sales, so for extra bit over the 200 is worth it. the apollo ones are a bit rubbish.

My Virtuoso LTD edition is basically a TDF pretending to be a Virtuoso. It was £330 which peed me off because I went in to buy a TDF for £300 and it had gone up to £350 overnight!!

Good bikes!!
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Bustacapp wrote:
    zx6man wrote:
    I got my tdf for 260 in the bank hols sales, so for extra bit over the 200 is worth it. the apollo ones are a bit rubbish.

My Virtuoso LTD edition is basically a TDF pretending to be a Virtuoso. It was £330 which peed me off because I went in to buy a TDF for £300 and it had gone up to £350 overnight!!

Good bikes!!

Agreed, I was passing halfords at the right time :-)
  • Bustacapp
    zx6man wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    zx6man wrote:

Good bikes!!

Agreed, I was passing halfords at the right time :-)

TDF is a lot of bike for £260!!! You should have got 2 !!! :D