Which road bike....dilemma!

2»

Comments

• It is worth shopping around to get the best bang for your buck, just peruse the buying advice forum and then search for bikes ...... the shops advertise bargain deals. I had my heart set on Bianchi and there in the shop (GB Cycles) was a Merkx EMX3 .......... loved it and still do and they have a few still remaining.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    If there's one thing that annoys me about threads like this, is that people don't read through posts before posting themselves.
    Congratulations on your Felt! Nice bike.
    I am glad you posted back with your choice, many OP's dont come back with their decisions after posting a 'What bike' thread, which after many helpful posts is a bit rude.
    How about a photo of your new bike? would love to see it.
  • dwanes wrote:
    If there's one thing that annoys me about threads like this, is that people don't read through posts before posting themselves.
    Congratulations on your Felt! Nice bike.
    I am glad you posted back with your choice, many OP's dont come back with their decisions after posting a 'What bike' thread, which after many helpful posts is a bit rude.
    How about a photo of your new bike? would love to see it.

No problem with the photo...collecting on Monday, would have been nice for the weekend but I'm not sure the weather is going to be up to much! I'll slip and slide about on the 29r I think!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    mobydick64 wrote:
    The Cervelo S2 is not a good choice if you just ride sportives. It's more suited to criterium racing. The Cervelo R3 is a better choice. I've owned 2 of them. The 2010 model developed hairline cracks around the bottom bracket and it was replaced under warranty with a 2012 model frameset. Cervelo have a lifetime warranty on their frames.

Having owned both 105 and Ultegra, I find Ultegra to be more refined.

I wouldn't buy the Cervelo or the Kuota. I'd but a Focus Cayo Evo with ultegra di2 if the budget stretches that far.

Whatever you decide on I strongly suggest that you get a compact crankset for riding sportives.

Good advise
  • fevmeister
    fevmeister Posts: 353
    Cervelo
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    at least you didnt buy a Specialized. 'One less car' ?- please one less Specialized. Too many on the road
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will