The Pinarello hate thread.

upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited March 2013 in Road general
I personally dont have a problem with them but so many of you do.

Now go on and get it off your chest's,you will feel better for it i assure you.
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I'm just not sure about the melted look of the forks etc.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Chinarello :lol:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    LOL...Keep em coming.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    He's seems like a nice bloke to me, leave 'im alone :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Bah, load of rubbish. Look what happened when it rained!

pinarello-broken.jpg
  • I never knew they'd moved into folding bikes too :shock:
  • iGaz
    iGaz Posts: 36

I to don't have a problem with Pinarello as I feel they have some of the best Frames but I have to throw this one out their.

"Cindarello" Yes I know lammmmme
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    I think they look good in the right colours (cf. Team Sky) but they (Dogmas, that is) are very, very heavy for the money. Circa 300g more than some frames that are half the price.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I'm not a fan of the 'asymmetric' look personally , but I love my steel-framed single speed Catena! Please don't take it away from me!

http://www.pinarello.com/eng/catena_583.php
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    Awesome bikes, I'd have one like yesterday.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I really don't like that its designed to be ridden fast. That's just not my riding style
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I like the top end models but not so keen on the 'Halarello' ones, or their own brand MOst wheels/finishing kit.
    Love* the sexy forks and asymmetric concept.

*Love = I like them quite a bit + I think the cycling world is a better place for their existence :D

Seems to me that the green eyed monster must play a big part in Pinarello hate. There are lots of bikes you could have a go at.
    Just don't buy one if you don't like them.
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of the 'asymmetric' look personally , but I love my steel-framed single speed Catena! Please don't take it away from me!

That's a beautiful bike.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    jamie1012 wrote:
    Raymondo60 wrote:

That's a beautiful bike.

You wouldn't think that it was produced by the same company that flooded the roads with one of the most awful looking bikes ever designed.
  • 'Open wide' :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Each to their own I guess :roll:
    Personally I like old and new things depending on what they are.
    I cannot help but feel (perhaps wrongly?) that when people pick out old things, its a bit like living in the past and suggesting we should not innovate and move forward. The old things were innovative once!
    Its just too easy to look back and pick the best of the past whilst slagging off the present and future :roll:

Am not having a go at anyone, but as this is a hate thread, I just wanted to get that off my chest :D
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    Nothing wrong with Dogmas, they're just massively over-hyped and overpriced. You can get a Trigon RQC29 frame made in the same factory and built to the same quality standards that will ride very similarly for a fraction of the cost (albeit without the cosmetic extras such as squiggly forks, asymmetric stays and internal cable routing). I admit I'm biased because I've got one.
  • Bozman
    Maybe it's age and taste thing or a race or leisure thing. there's nothing wrong with your Foil and Venge but if you gave me a wedge of cash it'd be a Parlee, Baum, Colnago C59, Legend or something along that line, then again i don't race and i'm middle aged.
  • Mccaria
    Bozman - now that's the proper way to diss the Pinarello. On a thread about Pinarello's run through 6 frames/brands you like and dislike and don't mention the Pinarello once ! Indifference is so much more powerful than hate
  • Bozman
    It's not going to be mentioned is it because given the money i doubt many folk would even contemplate buying a Pinarello.
    It crossed my mind many moons ago, i nearly purchased a Paris frameset but i didn't take the advice given by the LBS and i went for a Look.... thank god.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    Bozman wrote:
    Maybe it's age and taste thing or a race or leisure thing. there's nothing wrong with your Foil and Venge but if you gave me a wedge of cash it'd be a Parlee, Baum, Colnago C59, Legend or something along that line, then again i don't race and i'm middle aged.
    I seem to be rare in liking both aesthetics. I love the look of high-end sculptured carbon, there's a lot of leeway for creativity in designing carbon frames without having any negative impact on performance. I find it weird that so many people write them off as ugly just because they don't look like what they grew up thinking a bike should look like. Some modern frames are almost architectural - there's baroque in a Dogma, and a bit of Art Deco in an Orbea Orca... At the same time, the classic straight lines and round tubes of high end steel, Ti (and carbon, such as Legend) are also nice.
  • Anonymous
    Bozman wrote:
    It's not going to be mentioned is it because given the money i doubt many folk would even contemplate buying a Pinarello.
    It crossed my mind many moons ago, i nearly purchased a Paris frameset but i didn't take the advice given by the LBS and i went for a Look.... thank god.

What do you mean by 'given the money'?
    I would have thought that if people were 'given' thousands of pounds a Pinarello would be a better bet for the bike they would buy because of its Tour exposure etc.

I dont think we should even consider giving people money and what they may or may not do with it.

I just do not get peoples hatred of the brand.
    I considered buying a few bikes when I got mine but I have never 'thanked God' for steering me clear of them.
    They were just not quite as nice. If they were such utter sh1t that I had to rant about, I would be keeping quite about having considered them in the first place :oops:
  • Bozman
    Carbonator wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

What do you mean by 'given the money'?
    I would have thought that if people were 'given' thousands of pounds a Pinarello would be a better bet for the bike they would buy because of its Tour exposure etc.

I dont think we should even consider giving people money and what they may or may not do with it.

I just do not get peoples hatred of the brand.
    I considered buying a few bikes when I got mine but I have never 'thanked God' for steering me clear of them.
    They were just not quite as nice. If they were such utter sh1t that I had to rant about, I would be keeping quite about having considered them in the first place :oops:

Given the money - if you had the money spare.
    Tour exposure(advertising) for Pinarello has led to Halfords which will lead to more sales/money but i bet your Dogma owner isn't too happy, to him the brand has been devalued. In Joe Bloggs eyes a Pinarello is the bike with the bendy forks that you can buy from Halfords, whether its a £1000 bike or a £7500 Dogma it'll be Wiggo's bike.
    Plus you've also got the Chinarello element, what's real and what's not, nightmare times for the Pinarello owner.
  • eskay
    eskay Posts: 57
    Bah, load of rubbish. Look what happened when it rained!

pinarello-broken.jpg

What the hell happened to that!?
  • iGaz
    iGaz Posts: 36
    I don't see how a shop selling a brand devalues it in the eyes of someone who understands bikes. Fair enough if your a sheep and follow what people say because your knowledge is limited but if you have a good understanding of a bike and its components as well as it's material then you should also know it doesn't matter if the sweet shop sells it because you know what you are getting.

If on the other hand you don't know much and go off what others say then you will never actually know if your getting a good or not so good bike from the sweet shop or a top bike shop as your own knowledge limits you to believing what your told.

I personally don't mind pinarello, i do however prefer the higher end models to the lower end as they spend so much on the frames at the lower end it leaves the bike with not the greatest of components.

Good thread though some interesting things brought up.
  • eskay wrote:
    Bah, load of rubbish. Look what happened when it rained!

pinarello-broken.jpg

What the hell happened to that!?

The owner stupidly used it on a turbo trainer.
  • Mccaria
    Has too many headset spacers and the chain should really be on the big chain wheel. Saddle doesn't look level ?
  • I think they make beautiful bikes.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

No brand of bike really gets me up or down. Apostrophe abuse, on the other hand... :evil: