Breathing from the belly,whats all that about.

2»

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    edited - no longer give a damn
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I'm not sure that it is something that you can easily do on a bike though where you are breathing to get oxygen into the blood but possibly after a big effort it might help you get the breathing back under control and the heart rate back down. I know it's the most natural way to breathe (watch a baby and they will do it just as Brian explains) but I think when you are fighting for oxygen during activity it is instinctive to go for more, shallower breathes.
    It is possible, though takes practice, and of course if you're on the drops you're 'pushing' the air down into the scrunched-over part of your body. I wonder if that's what gives Mark Cavendish this shape:

4f87a1e79a799_Mark%20Cavendish.jpg

Nah, he's that shape because all the people he saw riding UK roads in rainbow jerseys looked like that and, he felt he ought to conform :wink:

.... and that photo was just taken on the rollout at the beginning of a stage .... wasn't it? ;)
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    1:20 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QvK1NXINY

Also, this video might be full of dopers but it's one of the BEST climbing tips videos you will ever see. Take note.