Yes
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    pauldavid wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Is this the worst forum in the world?

Yes
    Proof required.

BTW, have you been on all the forums in the world in order to reach that conclusion. :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It cant be the worst forum in the world, most here are great, its the people like me you have to watch out for (this is a joke by the way, im not a flesh eating beast sometimes refered to as a troll by some)
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    VTech wrote:
    It cant be the worst forum in the world, most here are great, its the people like me you have to watch out for (this is a joke by the way, im not a flesh eating beast sometimes refered to as a troll by some)
    If you were you'd be Ebola not VTech.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VTech wrote:
    ooermissus wrote:
    If it is trolling, it's very well done. Or at least good enough to draw me in.

"trolling" is such a daft word, its what I expect my younger kids to say, or something on the news about people begging a live suicide victim to kill themselves as they watch.

Daft or not it is the recognised term for a the internet behaviour of posting stuff to wind a forum up. The image of someone lurking under a bridge and jumping out suddenly to cause havoc is quite a nice way to describe that sort of internet behaviour IMO. Personally, I don't think you troll.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    To be fair most of the stuff between me and VTech in 'Cake Stop' would never have happened. Truth is that in the past two weeks i've been fit for activities no more physical than reading or typing. Having watched all the decent telly on catch-up in the first week I needed some entertainment between reading for essays in the second week - hence (counter)trolling (depending on your POV) VTech in Cake Stop and Road Buying Advice. That obviously doesn't account for things that we all know have happened in other parts of the board. I obviously have better things to do now that I can walk reasonable distances and have something close to a regulated body temperature.

I've actually met a few people in my life that genuinely have a similar character as VTech seems to display. Being the generally polite person who just wants to get my head down and get the job done i've bitten my tongue when faced with their frankly odd behaviour.

So i'm willing to bet VTech probably ain't so bad-a-bloke (I certainly wouldn't say I have any feelings of hate) but he just likes his toys and buying things and likes talking about them too. I can cope with that, we all know people like this to a greater or lesser degree.

If I could be so brazen enough to give VTech one piece of advice it would be this: Remember, this is the internet. And that my friend is all you need to know about the internet. (And if you don't get what i'm on about visit a place called '4chan') ;)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Pross wrote:
    Is this the worst forum in the world?

i think its one of the best for cycling. Though you get out what you put in as they say, if you don't mind a bit of banter and listen to what people say.

Generally speaking most people I come across on BR yourself included seem well balanced and nice chaps/girls.

I'm just quoting a question I saw on Road General recently :wink:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    It gives nothing away, the way groups of people pack together to attack is exactly as I described above.
    Lets say I was ill, there is a chance I am, and you guys were the last straw and I did something untoward ?
    How would you feel ? I guess in reality almost all of you would be pig sick, the fact is that in reality you dont know me, and of course have no idea how I would react to the consistent abuse I get. Now to make you feel a little better, im not suicidal, it would in fact take far more than childish play to make me do that but you get my point.

Wooooosh !!!
    :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    nevman wrote:

Thats a great link my friend, Ive heard of something similar already, although of course I would never resort to lurking around someones home. Could you imagine someone sending a pm to a forum user explaining that they knew the websites being viewed at the same time as being on bikeradar ? im sure if ever that happened the person would stop the attack.
    Living MY dream.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    cool_26454a_724732.gif