Great Manchester Cycle 2013

13»

Comments

• After reading this I'm well chuffed with my 2:45 for the 52 (51 on my Garmin) miler. If anyone passed a guy in a San Francisco Jersey, that was me.

I set off with the British Cycling member's group and spent the first 2 laps just getting passed which was a bit demoralising but found a group for about half the 3rd lap before stopping for a quick bite to eat. That was a bad idea as I spent the next lap and a half ploughing a loan furrow. It is the furthest (and fastest) I've ever ridden though so my 1200ish finish place seems pretty respectable.
  • goffski
    goffski Posts: 72
    After reading this I'm well chuffed with my 2:45 for the 52 (51 on my Garmin) miler. If anyone passed a guy in a San Francisco Jersey, that was me.

I set off with the British Cycling member's group and spent the first 2 laps just getting passed which was a bit demoralising but found a group for about half the 3rd lap before stopping for a quick bite to eat. That was a bad idea as I spent the next lap and a half ploughing a loan furrow. It is the furthest (and fastest) I've ever ridden though so my 1200ish finish place seems pretty respectable.

Yes, i remember seeing you, it was the San Fran jersey i noticed. I was just behind you on one of the laps coming up to Old Trafford.
  • potters1863
    potters1863 Posts: 111
    Enjoyed the event this year better than last year. Did the 52 mile ride in 2hrs 31mins, pleased with that for a 55 year old slightly over weight youth.

Did the 26 mile ride with family and friends afterwards at a more leisurely pace, very well organized event.